• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagowar

Next announcement is Windows 8RT Phone edition.

They could then follow Web OS and provide WP8 as open source to Nokia, since they are the only one updating stuffs.

That should have been what wp8 was anyways... just bolt on the phone bits to winRT and then have a truly universal app system.

Lol you could of said that about android until froyo, but let's not let facts get in the way, and as to marketing is there honestly none state side? I'm fed up of the holly and James ads, the centred around you adverts and surface adverts are always on so I find it hard to believe that there isn't blanket marketing there.

Microsoft's marketing strategy for their current products is as much a mystery to them as it is to us apparently.

I have seen ads for Surface (the infamous keyboard clicking and dancing ads) but nothing for Windows 8 or WP8. Honestly no one knows what MS is doing with advertising.

Btw welcome back to the thread Unknown ��

<3

why?? so unknown can tell us the latest android has blown the scanner as its over 9000?

Clearly what phones need is 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM. Maybe Sony can get it done.

Lucius86

Banned
Just ran the Nokia/HERE sat nav app this morning to get into work, first time since the update - noticed a whole load of new icons - although I only did a basic trip in London, the interface did feel more consistent and complete. Battery icon on the main display whilst driving too.

kharma45

The Huawei Ascent W1 will be £130 as PAYG on O2. Pretty good deal, IMO.

It's £120, even still the 620 is worth the extra £30 for the 8GB internal storage alone, or just wait off for the 520 for the same price.

4GB is a paltry amount, but if you don't care about apps you might be ok. Battery is an impressive size in the W1.

ElNino

Microsoft's marketing strategy for their current products is as much a mystery to them as it is to us apparently.

I have seen ads for Surface (the infamous keyboard clicking and dancing ads) but nothing for Windows 8 or WP8. Honestly no one knows what MS is doing with advertising.
I've seen several adds for WP8; the celebrity ones (ie. Stefani and Alba) as well as the holiday ones they had, which incidentally my wife and son loved.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
WP8, W8, Surface and now Outlook.com advertisements play every 5 seconds here in the US.

hadareud

The Translator
WP adds are on on a regular basis here in the UK too.

The only problem is that they are featuring James Cordon, the unfunny massive twat.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Official twitter app got updated.

edit: http://blog.twitter.com/2013/02/an-update-to-twitter-for-windows-phone.html

Twitter+for+WP+1.png

Going to use the new Twitter app over Rowi for today and see how I like it. Looks nice so far.

We'll see if the Live Tile works, and most live tiles no longer work for me on 7.8.

hwalker84

That should have been what wp8 was anyways... just bolt on the phone bits to winRT and then have a truly universal app system.

More like Windows RT should've been an expanded version of WP8. Like Android and iOS. Not full blown windows scaled down and confusing customers.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I really like the new look and I agree that mehdoh needs a fresh coat of paint, but as good as this update is, I'm sticking with mehdoh. I don't like having to leave into IE every time I want to follow a link.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
HTC will release a mid-range Windows Phone 8 device this May, according to UnwiredView. The device, which is currently going by the name Tiara internally, will sport a 4.3-inch 800×480 pixel Super LCD2 display, a 1.2Ghz dual-core Snapdragon S4 SoC, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, an 8MP back camera and 1.6MP wide-angle front camera, and an 1800mAh battery. Most notably, however, is the software: this will be one of the first devices to market to ship with Windows Phone 8 GDR2, the first major update to WP8 since it was released in October.

No word on what the device will look like, but UnwiredView claims it will be similar in style and features to the US-only HTC One SV.

Next update in April/May?

kazinova

I still don't see the update to twitter, but I don't care because I just got my sweet official Nokia grey case (thanks to those that pointed me to it). It's pimp as hell. Pictures to come when I find my fiancée's 920.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom