• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait, if we're getting Instagram, which I still don't believe (or particularly care about); then what is the next single app everyone will point to to stop them from switching to WP8?

There's plenty missing but Instagram was the one that everyone used as the THING YOU HAVE TO HAVE, IT'S NOT A SMARTPHONE WITHOUT IT du jour. So if we do get an Instagram app, what's next?

I would love to have Mint.com on Windows Phone. I used it when I have Android phone and it's way superior to Pageonce.

Other than that it's just getting current games instead of stuffs that are a year old.

Try the Shrink Storage app in the mean time. You might recover some with that.

I did already. I didn't even realize how little space I have left since I don't install a lot of apps or keep that many musics on my phone. I do take a lot of photo though, since the bug is related to Skydrive then that probably why my storage are completely ate up by Other bug.

I have turn off the Skydrive backup and now have to remember to sync my phone so I have back up copies of my pictures. I miss Wi-Fi sync .... two steps forward, three step backs.

Sordid

Downloaded the update but I still only have the top options:

io3Trcpkj28Rt.png

Take it into a Nokia repair centre and they'll sort it.

Don't think I have a Nokia repair centre near me, hopefully I can just send it in.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Must be on the GDR2 firmware update then.

Also Tom Warren tweeted that Instagram is happening and that MS has been building the app for months.

Try the Shrink Storage app in the mean time. You might recover some with that.

I tried Shrink Storage a few days ago and it nearly gave me a heart attack. The screen on my phone blacked out, then the lights on front did. Then when I pressed any buttons, or any combination of them (including soft reset) the phone did not react at all. Then a minute later after continuously pressing buttons, It finally flashed the startscreen but no taps were registering. So I took advantage of the buttons working and soft reset the device.And then the lights on the capacitive buttons stopped working until I reset the phone again twice.

Everything is back to normal now though (thankfully). Never using that again.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I tried Shrink Storage a few days ago and it nearly gave me a heart attack. The screen on my phone blacked out, then the lights on front did. Then when I pressed any buttons, or any combination of them (including soft reset) the phone did not react at all.

Then a minute later after continuously pressing buttons, It finally flashed the startscreen but no taps were registering. So I took advantage of the buttons working and soft reset the device.

And then the lights on the capacitive buttons stopped working until I reset the phone again twice.

Everything is back to normal now though (thankfully). Never using that again.

Jesus! I don't think I will use it again. Going to wait for the update.

Sorry about that.

Oh no, it wasn't your fault. I had tried it on my own half a week ago while looking for a way to clear the other storage. Just figure I would put up my experiences so that if someone else used it and ran into the same problem they would know they weren't alone in getting it

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So I beat both wpcentral and Tom Warren by minutes? Not bad, maybe one of them have this thread subbed.

edit: Tom is linking to his story from last September that had two updates, none of which expressed the confidence of his latest tweet.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We truly won't know the impact of getting instagram until we see the Verge's ecosystem score in their next Windows Phone review, :lol

4/10

I hope it's true--so I can tell my instagram friends there is nothing to stop them from switching :)

Pretty much. My gf begrudgingly told me that she loves my 920's camera and has been thinking about switching. With this, she'd definitely hop onboard. Pandora would seal the deal!

hadareud

The Translator
I hope this is a joke. Instagram is pretty dumb....They could be working on a million other better apps

I doubt that very many people here actually care about Instagram.

I couldn't give even the slightest of fucks about Instagram myself, to put it bluntly.

The big news about apps like Instagram and iPlayer coming to WP is that it means it's seen as a serious, viable platform. Which in turn means that it attracts more developers which will attract more people to the platform.

Windows Phones needs to check as many of the "big" apps off the list and those 2 are a very good start.

edit: and it would be lovely for the sole reason of people finally shutting up about Instagram not being there and that somehow being a not so minor disaster.

hadareud

The Translator
Sounds like a marketing campaign so when it is released they can say "see how we listen to the people, we're great, you know".

But I may be a cynic.

Troll

Banned
What do you guys have against the Denver Broncos? Get over it, they're better than whatever shitty team you like.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Zombies!!! was released for Windows 8. I really hope those guys update the WP version. I want asynchronous play dammit!

ElNino

In my circle of friends, I guess the number of Instagram useres outweighs Twitter users by 3:1. It's crazy.
In my circle of family/friends, I'm the only one with a Twitter account and none of them use Instagram... maybe my group is unusual though.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I tweeted Babaroga the developer of Zombies!! and asked it they would be doing a WP version. Got a reply.

babaroga ‏@babarogatweet

@SchueyF1 not at the moment. Build grass root movement, and tell ms what you think. If they greenlight us, I would love to.

Wish MS would get there shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom