• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm officially fed up with trying to get music to work with this OS. It's fucking garbage.

I deleted one album from the phone and now only three artists are showing up with only a handful of albums between them. All the songs are there under songs, but what use is that.

Troll

Banned
I'm officially fed up with trying to get music to work with this OS. It's fucking garbage.

I deleted one album from the phone and now only a handful are showing up under albums. All the songs are there under songs, but what use is that.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible.
I tried using drag and drop, that was useless. The Metro app, useless. The desktop app, useless. Syncing with WMP, slightly less useless but still grim.

I miss my shit Android phone that I could just plug in and drag music over to with zero hassle.

Edit: Also. If I try and play the deleted songs (since they refuse to remove from Xbox Music) it flicks through them all giving an error message, as you'd expect. But then, as if by magic, there's now three copies of all the songs that don't exist.

I finally had some success after having a lot of trouble with music on the phone by
1. turning off Connect With Xbox Music, Xbox Music Cloud, all of that
2. deleting all offending songs by actually going through the phone itself, not the computer the phone was hooked up to
3. going over all of my ID3 tags with a fine fucking toothed comb, and fuck no the artist for that track is not XXX feat. YYY, its just XXX
4. after dragging and dropping all of the music back onto the phone, using mpatool to add background artwork

I had to repeat steps 2-4 several times to get to the point I'm at now. It was an incredibly frustrating mess, but I'm fairly happy with my music collection on my phone now. Lockscreen artwork thanks to mpatool is pretty awesome, and I like the live tile for Xbox Music on my home screen. I just wish it didn't go away as soon as the music is paused.

It's important to note that ID3 tag imperfections were not the only cause of the problems I was facing. For example I had an album with immaculate tagging, but once on the phone the tracks would be split into two identical albums, one with the album year listed and one without. None of the tracks had any album year info in any ID3 tag. This problem persisted even if I deleted and re-added the folder containing the album from my phone using Windows Explorer. It wasn't fixed until I did the above steps (except no tag editing was needed).

Sordid

Storage Check just appeared in my phone settings after I updated Extras + Info:

ibub6EWHx0n4vu.png
ibxzeeDJ6lWjVe.png

I clicked clear temporary files and got my 3.8GB back instantly, wp Nokia.

Edit: UPS just picked up my dead 620, I only booked the repair last night. Pretty good service from Nokia (well, if you ignore my 620 dying after 6 days!)

Firestorm

So my experience with WP on a day-to-day basis is making me consider Android or iOS :( MS shoulda caught me during launch hype but noooo they just didn't want to ship the Lumia 920 in a colour other than Black to Canada!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I sent off my 920 for repair today my touchscreen just stopped working sometimes and I would have to reset it around 5 times to fix it.. Got quite annoying.

So picked up a 620 at lunch time today to use until I get my phone back. Nice little phone!
3AQmK.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So my experience with WP on a day-to-day basis is making me consider Android or iOS :( MS shoulda caught me during launch hype but noooo they just didn't want to ship the Lumia 920 in a colour other than Black to Canada!

Mostly Rogers fault I would say, nothing to do with MS. It is unfortunate that Rogers didn't have the colours at launch they do now. The yellow is available now and you can get a free wireless charger as well.

Coldsnap

Does anyone else podcasts take like a day to update? Like right now I know there's a new Giantbomb podcast but it's not up on my phone.. why is this?

PG2G

Does anyone else podcasts take like a day to update? Like right now I know there's a new Giantbomb podcast but it's not up on my phone.. why is this?

Mine is definitely slow, sometimes it won't download at all. I just use the PODCASTS! app now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The Soccer game play nice on the 920. There is the odd stutter though. Graphics are nice and it is very micro-transaction heavy if you are impatient. Spider-Man is as good as a game like that can be on a phone with touch controls.

I finally had some success after having a lot of trouble with music on the phone by
1. turning off Connect With Xbox Music, Xbox Music Cloud, all of that
2. deleting all offending songs by actually going through the phone itself, not the computer the phone was hooked up to
3. going over all of my ID3 tags with a fine fucking toothed comb, and fuck no the artist for that track is not XXX feat. YYY, its just XXX
4. after dragging and dropping all of the music back onto the phone, using mpatool to add background artwork

I had to repeat steps 2-4 several times to get to the point I'm at now. It was an incredibly frustrating mess, but I'm fairly happy with my music collection on my phone now. Lockscreen artwork thanks to mpatool is pretty awesome, and I like the live tile for Xbox Music on my home screen. I just wish it didn't go away as soon as the music is paused.

It's important to note that ID3 tag imperfections were not the only cause of the problems I was facing. For example I had an album with immaculate tagging, but once on the phone the tracks would be split into two identical albums, one with the album year listed and one without. None of the tracks had any album year info in any ID3 tag. This problem persisted even if I deleted and re-added the folder containing the album from my phone using Windows Explorer. It wasn't fixed until I did the above steps (except no tag editing was needed).
This is basically what I had to do last night. A giant pain in the ass all the same.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Storage Check just appeared in my phone settings after I updated Extras + Info:

I clicked clear temporary files and got my 3.8GB back instantly, wp Nokia.

Edit: UPS just picked up my dead 620, I only booked the repair last night. Pretty good service from Nokia (well, if you ignore my 620 dying after 6 days!)

That cool, I'm looking forward to the next update.

Anybody using MPATool know how to change the backgrounds? I picked one, wanted to change it. But when I attach a new picture the old one remains.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Cinemagraph for WP7.x devices.
Nokia is on an incredible roll right now. They've released three lens apps in the past few days alone, not counting this release for 7.x devices. I will never ever recommend a non Nokia windows phone again. It just doesn't make sense to consider any other hardware vendor if you want to go with this OS.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Nokia is on an incredible roll right now. They've released three lens apps in the past few days alone, not counting this release for 7.x devices. I will never ever recommend a non Nokia windows phone again. It just doesn't make sense to consider any other hardware vendor if you want to go with this OS.

If only Nokia could sneak an amplifier in...

An amp'd Lumia 920 would be the tits.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty much. Too bad the 920 wasn't available on more carriers. Hopefully the 720 and 520 come to more markets. Just saw a tweet that 920, 820 and 620 will be available in Mexico very soon.

Halvie

Banned

I deleted one album from the phone and now only three artists are showing up with only a handful of albums between them. All the songs are there under songs, but what use is that.

Why didn't they just keep zune support? Was one of my favorite things about the older windows phones.

Jallopy

Why didn't they just keep zune support? Was one of my favorite things about the older windows phones.

I agree completely. Hopefully by next February, when my contract is up, they'll have a sync solution on par with Zune. Otherwise, I won't be using the phone for music/podcasts, I'll just dust off the old Zune HD.

TTOOLL

Wow I complained the other day about the lack of support from Nokia and Microsoft here in Brazil and I was really considering going Android. However this past week was amazing. We got some new games and some nice apps. Also, today we got Angry Birds Space, Star Wars and Cinemagraph. Bejeweled+ is awesome, can't stop playing it.
Looks like I'm back on my way of getting a white 920.

Love you Nokia, if it weren't for you WP would be pretty fucked. Fuck you Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom