• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

wZDktGl.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

;_;

NeOak

Many criticized the weight and thickness of the 920 and the wireless charging coil is the main reason for that, so they cut it in the 925. I hope this is the last time they do that for a flagship phone, though. The Nexus 4 and 5 show that you don't have to drop it.

Unless the carrier tells you to.

Oh hi AT&T.

Battery life like that in a 5" phone would be amazing.

I'd love to have the old days of not having to charge your phone for a week back. Fuck 2k resolution.
Yeah hopefully that 5" phone that's coming to Verizon is coming to AT&T, I could get on board with that size and something similar to that battery.
Unless the carrier tells you to.

Oh hi AT&T.
Fuck :/

I'm dreading whenever I do upgrade from my 920 because I will lose Qi charging.

joshschw

Battery life like that in a 5" phone would be amazing.

I'd love to have the old days of not having to charge your phone for a week back. Fuck 2k resolution.

Yeah, I'd love a smaller version of the 1520 like Verizon is getting but with a 720p screen. Don't need 1080p. Just a battery drain.

Yeah hopefully that 5" phone that's coming to Verizon is coming to AT&T, I could get on board with that size and something similar to that battery.

Fuck :/

I'm dreading whenever I do upgrade from my 920 because I will lose Qi charging.

Get a charging shell. I have it on my 1020, I think they look pretty good and when you don't need it just pop it out and have an even lighter phone.

PG2G

In Android phones with software buttons, are they always there or do they go away and you have to perform a gesture to bring them back?

Special C

SO what is the best way to use windows phones for music. I have a Lumia 928. Right now Im just synching with windows media player but it seems a little bare bones. I'm not keen on using Xbox Music as a subscription service.

hwalker84

SO what is the best way to use windows phones for music. I have a Lumia 928. Right now Im just synching with windows media player but it seems a little bare bones. I'm not keen on using Xbox Music as a subscription service.

Windows Media Player is the best way :(

MCD

Touch screens are now like 3d in TVs. They are pretty much everywhere and the norm like it or not.

I disagree, fuck the capacitive buttons especially that search button. I've accidentally hit that button more times than I can remember. Software buttons work great on Android.

And what exactly stops you from accidentally pressing the software search button?

PG2G

Yup, agreed. Always bothered me that you're giving up a small part of the screen for them.

But they could probably fit a larger screen to make up for any loss in screen space. All of these phones have a good half inch of space below the screen.

The physical buttons are also not that great if you're in landscape mode.

But they could probably fit a larger screen to make up for any loss in screen space. All of these phones have a good half inch of space below the screen.

The physical buttons are also not that great if you're in landscape mode.

But that's not what manufacturers do. All phones with software buttons still have enough space below the screen to fit in some capacitive buttons. Software buttons simply exist to save money, that's all. There's no advantage for the user.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Why can't companies build phones like that, add a high res screen, and an awesome camera? Other than Apple, I mean.

Tomcat

These 4 inch phones don't cost 800€. Apple is behind everything right now. No innovation in software or hardware.

hwalker84

How long until WP8 supports 2560x1440 phone screens? S5 is rumored to have this. I'd eat my hat if WP8.1 supports this resolution.

Heretic

Has anyone had any problems getting Xbox Music to work on their phone? The subscription is under a different email than my phone's main account. I'm able to do everything BUT listen to full songs. I am only able to listen to 30 seconds before it moves on to the next song.

Works fine on my ipod, XOne, and desktop (Windows 8.1)

Thanks again for the gift, Schuey!!!

No GTA:SA but I can't complain too much. It's been out on android but not compatible with my new Lenovo Yoga tablet yet, although GTA3 and Vice City are available. Android marketplace still has tons of apps/games in the marketplace that you can pay for but wont be compatible. Horrible, no reason why there isn't trial option like the WP marketplace.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
How long until WP8 supports 2560x1440 phone screens? S5 is rumored to have this. I'd eat my hat if WP8.1 supports this resolution.

The big iPhone will likely have a crazy resolution too. Honestly, I'm already satisfied when it comes to screen quality. Below 4.7"? 720p. Everything else? 1080p. I think camera and battery are the meaningful hardware upgrades left, and I'm confident Nokia/MS can tackle both with next year's flagship.

efut: heretic, use the new Xbox Music app.

PG2G

Has anyone had any problems getting Xbox Music to work on their phone? The subscription is under a different email than my phone's main account. I'm able to do everything BUT listen to full songs. I am only able to listen to 30 seconds before it moves on to the next song.

Works fine on my ipod, XOne, and desktop (Windows 8.1)

Thanks again for the gift, Schuey!!!

You might want to try the standalone Xbox Music app, even though I'm pretty sure that one has a little bullet point at the bottom that says the Microsoft account should match the one you use for your phone. Typically all of the built in features (Music, Games, SkyDrive) are designed to use the primary Microsoft account. If you aren't sharing this account, you might want to contact support and see what they can do to help.

Kind of surprised it works on the Xbox One and Windows 8.1.

http://support.xbox.com/ms-MY/music-and-video/use-music-pass
You can only use your Xbox Music Pass on phones that use your Microsoft account.
Xbox Music Pass is designed for a single user. If other members of your household have Windows Phones, their own Microsoft accounts would be associated with their phones and, therefore, they would need their own Xbox Music Passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom