• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't there be an app that uses GPS to turn my WiFi on when I'm at home/work and off when I'm not?

My blackberry curve was doing this 6 yrs ago.

Special C

What should I be using for a music player on my Lumina 928? Nokia MixRadio app or something else? I mostly play my own downloaded music and do not stream.

KageMaru

Final fantasy 3 has been released today. Hopefully this sells well enough that we get FFVI.

What should I be using for a music player on my Lumina 928? Nokia MixRadio app or something else? I mostly play my own downloaded music and do not stream.

I many don't prefer it, but I use the default Music + Videos app for my music playing needs. It's not perfect, but works well enough for me.

Guys, my Wi-Fi keeps disabling itself almost daily. I'll just check on my phone in the morning and the Wi-Fi symbol is gone. I go into the settings and it's set to the ON position, but it's grayed out. Bluetooth also won't stay off.
This has happened at least 3 times recently and on my AT&T Lumia 920 with GDR2.

Guys, my Wi-Fi keeps disabling itself almost daily. I'll just check on my phone in the morning and the Wi-Fi symbol is gone. I go into the settings and it's set to the ON position, but it's grayed out. Bluetooth also won't stay off.
This has happened at least 3 times recently and on my AT&T Lumia 920 with GDR2.
Time to move unto update 3!

After 6 months, it's finally time to send my 920 in! The dust not only got in the FFC, but also cluttered up the proximity sensor. The glance screen doesn't work anymore and whenever I make a call, my screen goes black until the call ends.

I just hope they'll replace the glass as well.

ciE6VdN.jpg

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hi guys I'm new to this thread, just got a 528 Nokia.

I have a general question, how do you stop the Apps from being grouped by Letter and just have them as all one big list. One day they were all in a list and then they weren't. (I don't have that many so I don't want them sorted Alpha with a letter for each)

How do I make it, NOT do that?

maeh2k

Hi guys I'm new to this thread, just got a 528 Nokia.

I have a general question, how do you stop the Apps from being grouped by Letter and just have them as all one big list. One day they were all in a list and then they weren't. (I don't have that many so I don't want them sorted Alpha with a letter for each)

How do I make it, NOT do that?

You can't. Learn to embrace the letters. By tapping on a letter you can jump to any letter you like and you can quickly and easily navigate to any app on the list.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
You can't. Learn to embrace the letters. By tapping on a letter you can jump to any letter you like and you can quickly and easily navigate to any app on the list.

Thanks, I figured that. I looked and looked for any options and I couldn't find any. Oh well, maybe because my wife hasn't updated her phone, hers still lists all the Apps in a list without letters.

... One more question. Anyone have a way to launch GAF from a tile without doing a Pin web address? I just want to have like a GAF logo on the tile and not a screen shot of the website that you get when you Pin the website from IE. Anyone have a more visually appealing solution?

Milchjon

Thanks, I figured that. I looked and looked for any options and I couldn't find any. Oh well, maybe because my wife hasn't updated her phone, hers still lists all the Apps in a list without letters.

... One more question. Anyone have a way to launch GAF from a tile without doing a Pin web address? I just want to have like a GAF logo on the tile and not a screen shot of the website that you get when you Pin the website from IE. Anyone have a more visually appealing solution?

That's actually built into mobile GAF. Go to the main page (m.neogaf.com), scroll down. you'll see a message for WP users (in blue), and some instructions.

maeh2k

Actually the letters appear when you have a certain number of apps installed. I don't know, like 40 or something.

Yes, there's a way to pin GAF with the logo. If I remember correctly, it was on the website itself. Try going to neogaf.com (not Gaming or the OT) and scroll down. I think there was a notice about pinning it on Windows Phone.

PG2G

Thanks, I figured that. I looked and looked for any options and I couldn't find any. Oh well, maybe because my wife hasn't updated her phone, hers still lists all the Apps in a list without

It is a function of how many apps you have installed, she just hasn't hit the threshold yet. And before you ask, removing apps can't make it undo the headers for some reason :p

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Actually the letters appear when you have a certain number of apps installed. I don't know, like 40 or something.

I don't think so. I have barely any Apps, so I don't think it's regulated to the number.

Yes, there's a way to pin GAF with the logo. If I remember correctly, it was on the website itself. Try going to neogaf.com (not Gaming or the OT) and scroll down. I think there was a notice about pinning it on Windows Phone.

God bless you, nerds. Thanks.

Fox Mulder

It is a function of how many apps you have installed, she just hasn't hit the threshold yet. And before you ask, removing apps can't make it undo the headers for some reason :p

I never noticed that. I only have 37 apps and don't have headers, and I had them on my other 8x I sent back to att.

Isnt it like 10-15 Apps? I remember mine appearing at a really small number

Milchjon

Lastflowers, I like the way the lifelogger design is coming along!

One additional thing I'd love Is a bit more handholding. Sometimes I'm not totally sure how I'm supposed to use a feature.

Cool stuff either way.

Lastflowers, I like the way the lifelogger design is coming along!

One additional thing I'd love Is a bit more handholding. Sometimes I'm not totally sure how I'm supposed to use a feature.

Cool stuff either way.
Thanks!
More tutorials will be coming, along with some redesigns and bug squashes soonish. Need to be back off of vacation and with more than a 1 bar 3g/1x tethered connection to verify some things before pushing out another update. :D

PG2G

WPCentral is saying the entire Bluetooth stack is being reworked for Windows Phone 8.1. I don't really use Bluetooth, but from what I've heard here and elsewhere this is probably a good thing.

Stumbled upon a Microsoft store and ended up buying a Lumia 520 to make my upcoming game for the Windows Mobile platform. I'm loving this little thing! It's quick, easy to use, nicely built, and there's no lag. Amazing device for the price.

Stumbled upon a Microsoft store and ended up buying a Lumia 520 to make my upcoming game for the Windows Mobile platform. I'm loving this little thing! It's quick, easy to use, nicely built, and there's no lag. Amazing device for the price.

I've you're developing something for the platform, you better start calling it "Windows Phone", because that's the official branding since 2010. It's just a tip. I don't want you to upset the rabid and insane fanboys *looks around*

Magni

I've you're developing something for the platform, you better start calling it "Windows Phone", because that's the official branding since 2010. It's just a tip. I don't want you to upset the rabid and insane fanboys *looks around*

Windows Phone. Not Windows Mobile. Not Windows 8 Phone or some other stupid shit like that. Windows Phone (abbreviated WP).

It makes sense calling it that what with their One Microsoft strategy, but I can't help but think a ton of people were turned off just by the name. Imagine if the XB1 were called the Windows Box or something. Ugh.

Windows Mobile Phone 8 Series

It's Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition.

"Today at the Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain, Microsoft Corp. unveiled the latest addition to the Pocket PC 2012 family -- Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition. Joe Belfiore, vice president of the Mobile Devices Division at Microsoft, demonstrated a new Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition software-based device from NOKIA, the Nokia Lumia 929 Wireless Digital Assistant (WDA), during a press conference at the show. Microsoft® Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition software is a revolutionary platform that combines the best of the PDA with integrated wireless voice and data capabilities. With devices using Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition software, customers can choose voice and text communication for wireless access to personal and corporate data. Either way, they're always in sync with their most essential information. "

Is upgrading from a Nokia Lumia 900 to a Nokia Lumia 1320 a good idea, in your opinion? I am finally getting an upgrade opportunity.
1320 is sexy as hell, maybe more so than the 1520. great choice if you ask me.

personally, I would need a proper pureview camera but then price increases.

flippedb

Banned
It's Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition.

"Today at the Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain, Microsoft Corp. unveiled the latest addition to the Pocket PC 2012 family -- Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition. Joe Belfiore, vice president of the Mobile Devices Division at Microsoft, demonstrated a new Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition software-based device from NOKIA, the Nokia Lumia 929 Wireless Digital Assistant (WDA), during a press conference at the show. Microsoft® Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition software is a revolutionary platform that combines the best of the PDA with integrated wireless voice and data capabilities. With devices using Pocket PC 2012 Phone Edition software, customers can choose voice and text communication for wireless access to personal and corporate data. Either way, they're always in sync with their most essential information. "

loool

How do I remove what appears to be a residue that runs horizontally across the screen?

Background story:
I had to replace my Tmo 925 last week due to the Blue Screen of Death after 4 months of trouble-free use.

Being on JUMP I got a replacement 925 but the replacement unit came in a return package for my old phone with non-unit specific cover stickers barely stuck on and packing tape slapped across it to prevent movement inside the sleeve.

This unit seems to be a refurb as the back button isn't fully lit (very slight dimming in the right side of the arrow), and now the camera button doesn't"click" like the power button when pressed. In fact, I now have to press the button very hard near the right side before the camera launches.

I love the 925 and my experience with it, but the glass not being flawless and the camera button has diminished the sheen on this particular unit.

(PS, I've tried alcohol, soap/water, baking soda/water and WD-40 thus far).

KageMaru

This might be a stupid question but is there any way to watch the ball drop on a WP? We don't have cable here and we were just hoping to be able to see the ball drop.

NeOak

So you're one of those who still call iOS "iPhone OS".

Snaku

Banned
Ordered a Cyan Lumia 520 battery cover. I'll be good to go once the 525 is released in the US, and won't have to deal with those hideous orange/yellow covers.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I love the 925 and my experience with it, but the glass not being flawless and the camera button has diminished the sheen on this particular unit.

(PS, I've tried alcohol, soap/water, baking soda/water and WD-40 thus far).

On my 1020, the oled has a smear like thing that I can see in certain pitch black screens. Its an oled thing. Either way, looks like you need a new unit. Don't put up with that crappy refurb.

You guys probably scare this dude away. LOL, but yeah calling the OS Windows Phone probably doesn't help Microsoft winning any market shares.

We are all just joking so don't take all the Windows Mobile comments too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom