• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

According to music.xbox.com, I have ~11,000 songs. According to the Music app on Windows 8.1, ~9,000 are in "the cloud".

Still, I can't have added that many more from the time I have WP 8 to WP 8.1, so I have no clue why it's so slow.
I don't find it as slow as you. Yes, scrolling through long lists (playlists) is choppy but the initial load and now playing screen are pretty quick for me now... certainly not like it was before but it also hasn't got me to break out the Zune HD again yet.

I have ~4,000 songs in my collection but only ~400 are on my phone.

MCD

I don't get it. Is that person building a new music app, based on the Zune? What exactly is the point? Which Zune? Zune 30/80 or HD? He says no WP7 support, because they already have Zune, but how is the WP8 app different from it?

When I first read it, I thought he was building a desktop client, based on the Zune software. But a music app for WP8.1? Eh.

Well, yeah. He is building one for WP8.1 because everyone hates the official app.

Well, yeah. He is building one for WP8.1 because everyone hates the official app.

Everyone hates it, because it's still in development and shit. It won't be in this state forever and probably in a good state before this mysterious app is being released.

And then he talks about the desktop client:
"Like I've said in the contents many times, I'm making a music player. It's identical to the desktop music app, Zune, it has exactly the same functionality. Now with the newest music update I can do more. Much, much more. Because beats^ tm music is paid, (free on Android) I've made this app to exactly how I want it to be used."

How does that make any sense.

I know it's nice to want things and I'm sure everyone here has plans for a great Windows Phone app, but that smells like BS.

MCD

Well, he is not asking for any beta testers or donations before the app is out so nothing will be lost if it is bullshit.

ElNino

Everyone hates it, because it's still in development and shit. It won't be in this state forever and probably in a good state before this mysterious app is being released.

And then he talks about the desktop client:
"Like I've said in the contents many times, I'm making a music player. It's identical to the desktop music app, Zune, it has exactly the same functionality. Now with the newest music update I can do more. Much, much more. Because beats^ tm music is paid, (free on Android) I've made this app to exactly how I want it to be used."

How does that make any sense.

I know it's nice to want things and I'm sure everyone here has plans for a great Windows Phone app, but that smells like BS.
Yeah, he talks about buying a Zune to make sure his app works the same... but also claims it is identical to the desktop Zune.

Last time I checked, my Zune HD interface is WAY different than the desktop Zune app. If he is trying to recreate the Zune HD interface in WP8.1 then cool, that sounds somewhat reasonable; but the desktop client would not scale well to the small screen of the phone.

Ape

Banned
And I think my 920 is finally taking a crap on me. :(

Today it gave my a screen of all static, then with a soft reset it won't give me my home screen. I'm going to try and save my little buddy. Had this guy since day one.

#TeamCyan

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
And I think my 920 is finally taking a crap on me. :(

Today it gave my a screen of all static, then with a soft reset it won't give me my home screen. I'm going to try and save my little buddy. Had this guy since day one.

#TeamCyan

I miss my cyan 920. A device like that, but lighter and thinner, would be killer.

Eanan

The way when you go to turn off wifi from notification centre toggle tiles in dev preview 8.1, and it brings you to the settings menu, unlike when you go to turn it on, is really annoying.

pls be fixed by official release

Tomcat

So Microsoft doesn't have APIs for developers to sync the notifications between the action center and the live tiles. This is incompetence on another level :(

Milchjon

So Microsoft doesn't have APIs for developers to sync the notifications between the action center and the live tiles. This is incompetence on another level :(

Wat

When I saw that dismissing a notification from the action center only resets the live tile on a few MS apps like mail, I simply assumed it wasn't implemented yet by others :-/

Getting my 1020 fixed, and... Decided to got ahead and #DayOne the iPhone 6 and make that my new home.

I fucking love the Windows Phone platform, but it always feel so dry when you can't get excited for anything on it. When the worst thing about a platform is the fact that you WANT to buy something but CAN'T because they fail to offer products that upgrade the experience for a user, that's a little sad. :(

If only the 930 wasn't Europe exclusive, and the Icon wasn't Verizon/no colors.

MCD

I keep reading about Lumia 930 pre-orders starting in Finland, or that Cyan update hitting India...

Why doesn't Nokia/MS make it official already? Just tell us WP8.1/Cyan official release date and be done with it.

hwalker84

I keep reading about Lumia 930 pre-orders starting in Finland, or that Cyan update hitting India...

Why doesn't Nokia/MS make it official already? Just tell us WP8.1/Cyan official release date and be done with it.

I wish the firmware came with the developer preview.

PG2G

Because there is no release date

MCD

Because there is no release date

ARZJwJS.gif

Does WP 8,1 have the music shuffle option? I'm amazed WP8.0 doesn't (WP7 had it).

Speaking of which, any word when WP8 get to upgrade to WP8.1?

Ape

Banned
My phone is doing better today. The only problem is that when I asked Cortana for directions to Laguna beach it kept changing it to burger king. Even though the search bar said "Laguna beach". So lame.

Treo360

My phone is doing better today. The only problem is that when I asked Cortana for directions to Laguna beach it kept changing it to burger king. Even though the search bar said "Laguna beach". So lame.

You misunderstood her. Cortana wanted Burger King you fool.

Doffen

Cortana knows you better than yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom