• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
folder_800.jpg

What is this new devilry?

Jesus Christ! Put a NSFW tag on that

f0lken

BTW does anyone know how to get Storyteller on my PC? I know is exclusive to the 2520 but there must be a way

MBR

Banned
I bought myself a 925 yesterday, and it's pretty awesome so far, coming from an iPhone 4.

I'm totally new to WP though, so if there's a good "must do" type guide somewhere I'd love to take a look at that. Especially if there's a way to have "accelerated scrolling" somehow, as it takes over a minute to reach the bottom of my spotify list.

Also, my OS version is currently 8.0.10328.78, and that's not the latest at all if I understand correctly. The phone is "up to date" according to the update status though, so how do I get the extra updates? Is it all up to the carriers? I'm on Telia in Sweden.

f0lken

I bought myself a 925 yesterday, and it's pretty awesome so far, coming from an iPhone 4.

I'm totally new to WP though, so if there's a good "must do" type guide somewhere I'd love to take a look at that. Especially if there's a way to have "accelerated scrolling" somehow, as it takes over a minute to reach the bottom of my spotify list.

Also, my OS version is currently 8.0.10328.78, and that's not the latest at all if I understand correctly. The phone is "up to date" according to the update status though, so how do I get the extra updates? Is it all up to the carriers? I'm on Telia in Sweden.

I don't use spotify, but a lot of apps with scrolling list are organized in letters, if you tap the letter it will bring an alphabet where you can go fast to the one you need

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, mine gave me an error message - We are currently unable to check for updates (80072ee2) - I'll try after lunch I guess.

Yeah. My buddy checked his and it updated. It took several minutes for the check to go through he said.

hadareud

The Translator
Update is out on EE for the 1020.

Of course I'm in bloody Germany at the moment so I can't download it. I checked in the office in the afternoon and it wasn't up yet. Front facing sensor. I mean ffs.

f0lken

It's ugly, that's what it is.

I, for one, have learned my lesson and I'll flash the update as soon as it's available. I'm not going through the "Coming soon", "Waiting for approval", "Available" process again.

for the looks of it, it is available for all at once, at least on the 1020

hadareud

The Translator
Paid 6 euros for the wifi in my hotel to download the update.

This better be worth it, or else.

Obviously I'll expense it, but still.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Took a while for it to find anything but my 1020 is updating right now :D

Hana-Bi

I would imagine it would build back up over time? Let's see how long it takes for the AT&T Lumia 925 to receive the update.

Sure. But my new Lumia had 2GB in Others from the start. I think it was stated that the Others storage problem should be fixed with this update.

ElNino

Sure. But my new Lumia had 2GB in Others from the start. I think it was stated that the Others storage problem should be fixed with this update.
My 1020 had 2.5GB in Other right out of the box. I'll check what it reports as after I do the update.

dLMN8R

The app folders thing is basically as useless as I figured it would be considering it's just a normal app. Which means that it can't do anything that any ordinary app can't do. And it also comes with wonderful load times.

hadareud

The Translator
I guess it's okay to steal from Samsung. They steal from others all the right, amirite?

Don't really mind that.

I just don't see any possible use to it. It's quicker to swipe to the right and to select a letter. And if you really want quick access, just pin the app.

I suppose I can see it for games, but even then it's quicker to pin the xbox tile.

Now if the tiles were interactive, as in being able to press individual apps, that would be different.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The app folders thing is basically as useless as I figured it would be considering it's just a normal app. Which means that it can't do anything that any ordinary app can't do. And it also comes with wonderful load times.

Yeah, it is ok. I will put my camera lenses in one.

Has there always been an option for IE to open up links clicked in other apps in a new tab automatically? Because if so I've been using WP8 wrong for the past year.

I don't have Black (Lumia 925, ATT) and just installed Storyteller and Beamer.

(and they work)

EDIT: Beamer requires Black, actually. Storyteller is gold, though.

Sonofa!

Also I'm noticing a couple issues with my 1520. The ultra bright mode kicks in a lot when it has no reason to, and there's some lag on the display after pressing the back button. I thought that was the one thing WP doesn't do!

hwalker84

Folder app is useless. Can't put pinned items inside it. I wanted to put all my pinned shopping cards in one. Deleting. Not needed.

kharma45

GDR3 did introduce some annoying bugs to my 620. I hope Lumia Black fixes them.

What has it done to yours?

Well I'm in for the long run, contract is a long way off finishing.

If I were able to move on I'd go Android.

I know I wouldn't go iOS so Android would be the only option, and I'd hate having to wait for OEMs to approve updates and tweak them so Nexus or bust for me. I did almost buy a Nexus 5 at launch but £350 was just a tad too much.

I do like the Note 3 though too truth be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom