• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadareud

The Translator
Yes it is. It would make no sense to go back to a lower resolution for future flagship phones.

It would be completely mental.

hadareud

The Translator
It is, but I see it as the same phone as the 1520, just like the 920, 925 and 928 are the same model in my opinion.

I can see where you are coming from, but all of those also had the same screen size while these 2 don't.

If their next flagship phone has the same resolution as the 920 that was released a year and a half ago they have lost their mind. They might as well not bother.

maeh2k

If they have 'one' (i.e multiple variations like the 1020) 5" 1080p phone and one 6" 1080p phone this year, that's totally okay.

With a sub-$200 ASP for Lumias high-end devices don't much matter.

Mario007

Just a question about Nokia's naming. Why are they planning on calling their new phone 1520 mini? Wouldn't it just be better to call it a 930?

Mario007

Who knows? It's no more ridiculous than Z1 Compact I suppose, it's the same phone with a smaller screen.
Ya but Nokia has a nice naming schedule with the numbers going up along with the screen size. It just seems a but weird, when you have a phone category for a phone with smaller screen but still great specs.

Kind of want to buy GTA just for the support in the hope more of these games come. Played it on an iPhone before and it controlled horribly I thought, but then I just don't like touch screen games like that.

Anyway, not sure whether to drop the money or not because despite having about 3GB free, I'm almost certain the phone will whine at me and say there isn't enough space, as it has done for smaller games. Also, even though the 820 is supported, I have a feeling it will run bad.

KageMaru

I know the earlier leaks were said to be fake, but here is another leak of Cortana, here maps and some of the game hub. Looks like this would require a lot of work to fake an update for a relatively unpopular OS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WPLeaker/status/427767182311706624?screen_name=WPLeaker

Has anyone played it yet? How does it control?

I can't imagine playing a game like that one a phone.

From the few minutes I played, it controlled about as well as you expected it to. It's not great but I can adjust.

Plenty of different display options, but raising many options slows my 928 down. Would love to try this game on a 1520.

NeOak

José Mourinho;98633879 said:
Kind of want to buy GTA just for the support in the hope more of these games come. Played it on an iPhone before and it controlled horribly I thought, but then I just don't like touch screen games like that.

Anyway, not sure whether to drop the money or not because despite having about 3GB free, I'm almost certain the phone will whine at me and say there isn't enough space, as it has done for smaller games. Also, even though the 820 is supported, I have a feeling it will run bad.

Same SoC as the 920, but WVGA vs 1280x768. It will run more stable and maybe even faster than on the 920.

hadareud

The Translator
If that's a fake, someone has far too much time on their hands. However, portrait mode, shaking my head.

Looks ok, I quite like the new Here layout and all the Here apps now seem to be integrated.

From the few minutes I played, it controlled about as well as you expected it to. It's not great but I can adjust.

Plenty of different display options, but raising many options slows my 928 down. Would love to try this game on a 1520.

Thanks, I think I'll pass. I'm with Van, I just can't see myself playing this sort of game without a controler.

kazinova

Still no Black update for the 920 on AT&T, just an updated: AT&T can suck a bag of dicks.

So...

Business as usual. Continue thread.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm pretty excited to see Cortana in action. I've been wanting this kind of thing since siri came out. I want to able to start playing playlists, podcasts, etc. through voice so I can avoid having to handle my phone while in my car.

kharma45

OneDrive-Logo-300x94.png

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
That Cortana vid looked interesting. I hope it is real. Would be funny since Warren was pretty adamant it was a fake, that and the games hub.

Doffen

I'm pretty excited to see Cortana in action. I've been wanting this kind of thing since siri came out. I want to able to start playing playlists, podcasts, etc. through voice so I can avoid having to handle my phone while in my car.

She doesn't sound like Cortana, though.

Heretic

I know the earlier leaks were said to be fake, but here is another leak of Cortana, here maps and some of the game hub. Looks like this would require a lot of work to fake an update for a relatively unpopular OS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WPLeaker/status/427767182311706624?screen_name=WPLeaker

Didn't sound like Jen :( Heck, I'll even take a Frankie voice over :D

joshschw

:lol

The press still think it is a hoax. If it is, I feel sorry for the person taking the time making it.

There's good reasons to think it is a hoax. Firstly, at this point, I am sure all the voice recordings are saved and so it would be easy to track the source of the leak. Secondly, the voiceover doesn't match the text at one point in the video either. Could be a glitch but seems like an odd glitch.

NeOak

I have Black on my AT&T Lumia 920 --but I did make it French by some hack and got developer status. I'm happy I never have to wait for AT&T. Iirc GDR2 took ages.

Most of us have GDR3 already with the developer program. Black is the firmware that has to be approved. So, you're probably only have GDR3 like us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom