• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I already have GDR3, so I'm not worried about ATT delivering Black.

Hopefully the dev program gets us 8.1 long before ATT would ever give it to us.

kharma45

BfByOR6IEAEG3A8.jpg:large

Bullza2o

Most of us have GDR3 already with the developer program. Black is the firmware that has to be approved. So, you're probably only have GDR3 like us anyway.

Sorry for the picture quality (via iPod Touch 4G), but it's the only other camera I have around me. Basically around Aug/Sep I read how to change the identity of my Lumia 920. Iirc I changed it into a Rogers ROM then into a French ROM. Now I don't have to wait for AT&T. I think it's basically unlocked now?

Sorry for the picture quality (via iPod Touch 4G), but it's the only other camera I have around me. Basically around Aug/Sep I read how to change the identity of my Lumia 920. Iirc I changed it into a Rogers ROM then into a French ROM. Now I don't have to wait for AT&T. I think it's basically unlocked now?

Could've just taken a screenshot. :p

Waiting for Availability on Rogers still for Black on the 920. I feel like opening betting pools for when they'll get around to it. I Think I'll put my money on mid-february.

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah, I guess so.

I'm disappointed, I quite liked the pulsating blob. I didn't know why until JS confirmed that it looked like a vagina.

hadareud

The Translator
Windows Phone 8.1

Release to Manufacturers: March
Release to Developers: April
Release to Users: May

https://twitter.com/Nawzil8/status/428150748145549312

May
dKkwv9H.png

Sounds realistic, I never quite believed the early April rumour.

Basically, new devices running W8.1 will be released in April and May and the update to existing devices will start rolling out end of May is what I expect.

Waiting for approval will take on a whole new level of frustrating.

edit: Tom Warren says everyone on the dev preview will get 8.1 at Build. Hype!

Windows Phone 8.1

Release to Manufacturers: March
Release to Developers: April
Release to Users: May

https://twitter.com/Nawzil8/status/428150748145549312

May
dKkwv9H.png
If we get it in April through the dev program, I'm okay with that.
Sucks the leaks are fake, it's shocking how little we've seen of 8.1 considering it's only a couple months away.
Yeah Tom Warren says only a blurry screen so far (one of notifications settings screen) is the only real thing to leak.

hadareud

The Translator
2 months to go.

February doesn't really count as a full month and January is already over, so it's a month and a half. A month and a bit, really.

Bullza2o

Please have new phones out when BUILD comes, especially for TMobile. I'd really rather have a new Lumia flagship than a Nexus 5.

jagowar

Please have new phones out when BUILD comes, especially for TMobile. I'd really rather have a new Lumia flagship than a Nexus 5.

Same... have a nexus 5 currently but would love to get a good lumia phone.

I am also kind of glad that leak was fake... just because I want anything but the standard digital voice being used in whatever cortana ends up being.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I know what you mean, but the red Nexus 5 looks hot. Can't wait to see it in person.

I just wouldn't be able to accept such a downgrade in camera. Also my problem with the Moto X. This stupid 1020 has spoiled me so damn much, ugh. I really hope the flagships this year from Samsung, Apple, Sony, and HTC put an emphasis on camera and battery life. We've come far enough on screen and processors where I don't care about those.

Bullza2o

I just wouldn't be able to accept such a downgrade in camera. Also my problem with the Moto X. This stupid 1020 has spoiled me so damn much, ugh. I really hope the flagships this year from Samsung, Apple, Sony, and HTC put an emphasis on camera and battery life. We've come far enough on screen and processors where I don't care about those.

This is basically what's keeping me from buying a Nexus 5. I'm not too sure if I should buy a phone which has a camera that is on par at best compared to my 920. Everything else looks great though.

Also, I love designating a specific OS for a specific category. iOS (iPod Touch 4G) for mp3 players, Android (Nexus 7 2013) for tablets, and WP (Focus --> Lumia 920) for phones. With this I can better form opinions of each OS instead of being a blind fanboy.

f0lken

As someone who is starting to do (paid) photoshoots with the Lumia I agree, I couldn't go to a lesser camera ever so I hope when MS takes over the phone division of Nokia the give continuity to the 1020 and its successors

Technically I could've searched for such a picture online and claim it to be mine.

But yeah Black is nice, I guess. Glance seemed to drain my battery a lot quicker than expected, so I recently stopped using it.

I noticed if I stick the phone into my back jean pocket, the tap to wake tends to wake up the phone and cause the battery drain (since the screen would come on constantly). If I stick with phone in the holster my battery drain is nominal.

That said, the last couple days (after not having the issue everyone was complaining about), I start having massive drain on my 1020. Not sure which App is causing it, I have not download any new app so it's odd that suddenly I would get the massive battery drain. I reboot the phone this morning so hopefully that will do the trick.

Bullza2o

I noticed if I stick the phone into my back jean pocket, the tap to wake tends to wake up the phone and cause the battery drain (since the screen would come on constantly). If I stick with phone in the holster my battery drain is nominal.

I have tap to wake off, and glance is on peek mode with glance background installed. I'll give it another try.

And can anybody recommend a good sports app? I've been using QuickScores for years and been getting tired of it. I just saw this app SofaScore; maybe it will fill my needs for NBA scores.

MarkusRJR

Ended up getting a Lumia 625. Can't wait till it gets here in the mail. Being phoneless for nearly a week feels so weird. I've already missed so many buses (or had to wait excruciatingly long waits in -40 Celsius) due to my my city's transit website not being with me all the time.

hadareud

The Translator
Nah, I think Fjolle always supported Milan. It's certainly very unpalatable when you first hear about it, but you learn to live with it.

Troll:

7HTdaF2.png

Fjolle

Didn't realize we lost fjolle to the dark side. And where's troll?

:(

My friends convinced me that Android would be awesome, so I thought that I would try a Moto G until Nokia comes up with some new awesome stuff.. Right now I'm wondering if I should sell it and but a Lumia 520 instead.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
:(

My friends convinced me that Android would be awesome, so I thought that I would try a Moto G until Nokia comes up with some new awesome stuff.. Right now I'm wondering if I should sell it and but a Lumia 520 instead.

I've fell into that trap and brot is about to fall into it for the second time in the span of a year. I have a Nexus 7 and my wife has an iPad mini retina and they serve to remind me daily why I prefer Windows Phone and Windows 8 to Android and iOS. As a tech enthusiast, I'll always keep my eyes out for what those guys are up to and reserve the right to change my mind at any time. :)

hwalker84

I've fell into that trap and brot is about to fall into it for the second time in the span of a year. I have a Nexus 7 and my wife has an iPad mini retina and they serve to remind me daily why I prefer Windows Phone and Windows 8 to Android and iOS. As a tech enthusiast, I'll always keep my eyes out for what those guys are up to and reserve the right to change my mind at any time. :)

Sometimes I read your posts and wonder when did I write this. Then I look over and see it wasn't me but you Van.

hadareud

The Translator
Where is Brot?

I guess I'll have to do his job then:

*clears throat*

Guys! Bing rewards is out! For Android and iOS.

Coming soon to Windows Phone.

Didn't realize we lost fjolle to the dark side. And where's troll?

I am pretty sure Troll commit account suicide a while back. I am with you as far as phone / camera is concern, the if the next iPhone has bigger screen 4.5 - 5 and awesome camera I might consider switching but 1020 has really spoil me. I was going to get my wife 925 but thinking why not just get 1020, it has bigger storage, better camera so what if she doesn't take pictures all the time but when she does it will be great pictures and video. 1020 has OIS, night mode, zoom, and 38 megapixel. (Wife love to take picture and blow it up for printing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom