• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalker84

Lastflowers pls

the WinPhone team has had their asses handed to them and have been told to develop in parellel with us in the core OS group so I'd expect a 6-8 month 'major' update going forward. QFE's, Bug Fixes, Security Fixes etc in the interim but something cool and new every 6-8 months...

http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...s_phone_81_on_a_nokia_929_and_928_ama/cgke8ap

How much more can they crack the whip? Lastflowers can only do so much!

hwalker84

*shrugs*

I just saw some things that made it sound like you couldn't activate AT&T sim cards on unlocked 920's anymore. I hope it's wrong cause I'm filling out my tax refund and I'm going to use that to get a 920 with.
Please link us to whatever information you read.

MarkusRJR

Wait so if Nokia isn't selling the Lumia 930 in NA, the Icon in Canada, and Samsung isn't selling the Ativ SE in Canada is Windows Phone basically dead in Canada?

I mean we are so behind in the flagship devices and there's no indication things will be changing soon. My hope was that at the very least the Ativ SE would come here, since the Ativ S came to every carrier basically. But since the SE is a Verizon CDMA phone I don't know anymore.

MCD

Wait so if Nokia isn't selling the Lumia 930 in NA, the Icon in Canada, and Samsung isn't selling the Ativ SE in Canada is Windows Phone basically dead in Canada?

I mean we are so behind in the flagship devices and there's no indication things will be changing soon. My hope was that at the very least the Ativ SE would come here, since the Ativ S came to every carrier basically. But since the SE is a Verizon CDMA phone I don't know anymore.

1.Nokia
2.Samsung
3.HTC
4.LG
5.ZTE
6.Lenovo
7.Foxconn
8.Gionee
9.JSR
10.Karbonn
11.Lava (Xolo)
12.Longcheer
13.Micromax
14.Huawei
15.Prestigio

But only Nokia actually make phones.

OK. I think I'm done with my WP is doomed posts for the week.

Razdek

Banned

Of course it's dead. Have you seen WP at retail? It's basically nonexistent. Last stat update it was at 2% or something here in Canada.

The Flash

Banned
So long LG220CM
mI94aGG9nW1LvRSUfSOHb3Q.jpg

Hello Nokia Lumia 920
CA-920-front-png.png

I lost all interest after reading "prototype" and "concept".

Shut up if you can't ship within 6 months. It seems too much like it was put together with a hot needle, just to have *something* to announce.

NeOak

Shut up if you can't ship within 6 months. It seems too much like it was put together with a hot needle, just to have *something* to announce.

And we get salty when we don't get new WP stuff announced when its basically ready to ship lol

Doffen

Concept prototype as in "we got it up and running, need to do 12 months of focus group testing first"

PG2G

Is it actually not coming out in Canada? I assumed it was a US thing

MarkusRJR

Of course it's dead. Have you seen WP at retail? It's basically nonexistent. Last stat update it was at 2% or something here in Canada.
Still sucks though. The only WP options are the 8X (Rogers) or the 1020/625/520 (Telus/Rogers).

Is it actually not coming out in Canada? I assumed it was a US thing
Well considering it's a CDMA Verizon exclusive, probably staying there. Rumors are the GSM model (the one for the rest of the world) has similar specs to the Ativ S, their two year old smartphone (except the new phone will have a smaller screen and smaller battery).

Basically it's the opposite of what happened when Samsung launched their last Windows Phone 8 devices (CDMA carriers got weaker devices while elsewhere had the flagship).

f0lken

Another question, is there a limit to the number of devices you can update with a dev preview per account?

You can update unlimited devices, but only 3 can be dev unlocked at any given time (in practice it makes no difference because you will only install the dev preview app once)

So, I need some help or something that can get me pointed in the right direction.

I'm thinking about upgrading my mother's Straight Talk LG flip phone (just like the one posted earlier!) and giving her my old unlocked 8X.

Here's where the problem comes in: I've basically hijacked her MS account because it was tied to my Xbox GT when I got Live and all of my contacts are in there, as well as all of my apps for my phone.

Does anyone know how to either migrate everything to a different MS account, or somehow add mine as an alias (which every time I try it says "the email address is already taken" - well no shit Sherlock, it's MY email I'm adding!)?

Worst case scenario, I create another MS account for her and continue on, but it would be nice to have my stuff under one account. Also, I have not got an XBL GT for my MS account, I refuse to touch the Xbox site when using my account because I want to change it to my email if possible.

tl;dr help on separating MS account info?

So, I need some help or something that can get me pointed in the right direction.

I'm thinking about upgrading my mother's Straight Talk LG flip phone (just like the one posted earlier!) and giving her my old unlocked 8X.

Here's where the problem comes in: I've basically hijacked her MS account because it was tied to my Xbox GT when I got Live and all of my contacts are in there, as well as all of my apps for my phone.

Does anyone know how to either migrate everything to a different MS account, or somehow add mine as an alias (which every time I try it says "the email address is already taken" - well no shit Sherlock, it's MY email I'm adding!)?

Worst case scenario, I create another MS account for her and continue on, but it would be nice to have my stuff under one account. Also, I have not got an XBL GT for my MS account, I refuse to touch the Xbox site when using my account because I want to change it to my email if possible.

If your Microsoft Account doesn't have a Gamertag on it, you can Migrate your XBL account over to your own account using the Xbox.com website. Sadly though that only carries over Xbox Purchases and Subscriptions. Purchases made on the Phone may/maynot be transferred as well.

KageMaru

If you go to the account settings for your MS account, you can change the main email address used to sign in. I just went to live.com and went to account settings. Look for where to edit your alias. Not sure with other MS, but when I did this, I had to reset my phone and sign in with my new email address before I was able to use windowsphone.com features on my phone.

If your Microsoft Account doesn't have a Gamertag on it, you can Migrate your XBL account over to your own account using the Xbox.com website. Sadly though that only carries over Xbox Purchases and Subscriptions. Purchases made on the Phone may/maynot be transferred as well.

I have a GT associated to my account and successfully changed the email address used to log in. My download history for both the 360 and WP remained.

Ape

Banned

So in other words, shut up and ship.

Nero3000

Wow @ the Verge Build in 7 minutes video.

There is a whole section on the failed demos of cortana.

It's like they aren't even trying anymore to hide their dislike for microsoft.

For you it looks like dislike, but for them it was just another day of quality tech reporting.

derFeef

Catering to their audience, you can't blame them for wanting money I guess.

MarkusRJR

What are some good games that run well on 512mb devices and take up very little storage. Down to my last 2 gigs and was surprised Doodle Jump is 169mb despite how simple it was.

I already have Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs. Zombies, Where's My Water, Temple Run, Wordament, Doodle Jump, and Cut my Rope. Need more variety on my bus rides to work.

kharma45

Rayman Jungle run was good, ran well on my 620 and around 77MB iirc. I'd imagine the second is around the same size, heard good things about it too.

Mario007

What are some good games that run well on 512mb devices and take up very little storage. Down to my last 2 gigs and was surprised Doodle Jump is 169mb despite how simple it was.

I already have Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs. Zombies, Where's My Water, Temple Run, Wordament, Doodle Jump, and Cut my Rope. Need more variety on my bus rides to work.
Get solitaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom