• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are screen protectors worth getting?
Depends on the person. If your careful and can deal with small scratches, you don't need them. They also tend to mess with the way that colors come through the screen. Though they are good at protecting it from scratches and small dents which come from small drops.

If you do go for one though, make sure you get someone who has put them on before to do it. You will fuck it up and you will end up leaving bubbles and skid marks/fingerprints on the protector which get extremely annoying and end up causing you to ruin the protector.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Waits patiently for the 2 pages of impatient posts complaining that the update isn't here yet.

The Flash

Banned
Can't wait to play with cortana tomorrow

HcDV3.gif

bananas

Banned
Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| "This is UNSC A.I. CTN 0452-9. I am a monument to all your sins."

Might be obscure, but I think it'd be funny.

nillapuddin

Okay, so I wanted to move my 6 line family plan to ATT

But with Sprint we would get buried with ETF charges if we switched before like, Q4 2015

My original Galaxy Nexus has a cracked screen and they say it will take 150 to fix it, I feel like I might aswell just buy a new phone, but I dont want to extend my contract with them any longer than it already is, and Im desperate for a switch.

do yall think it would be worth it for me to buy one of these off ebay?

edit: I realize Im on the tail end of the thread, but Id appreciate some guidance

Okay, so I wanted to move my 6 line family plan to ATT

But with Sprint we would get buried with ETF charges if we switched before like, Q4 2015

My original Galaxy Nexus has a cracked screen and they say it will take 150 to fix it, I feel like I might aswell just buy a new phone, but I dont want to extend my contract with them any longer than it already is, and Im desperate for a switch.

do yall think it would be worth it for me to buy one of these off ebay?

edit: I realize Im on the tail end of the thread, but Id appreciate some guidance
ATT is paying $100 per line for every new line to ATT til the end of the month.

nillapuddin

ATT is paying $100 per line for every new line to ATT til the end of the month.

I know that, but Sprint charges (a shit ton of money)

Like I said, some of the people in our family have contracts running til 12/15

edit: 05/25/14, 10/01/14, 02/02/15, 07/20/15, 07/20/15, 12/26/15

JaggedSac

I know that, but Sprint charges (a shit ton of money)

Like I said, some of the people in our family have contracts running til 12/15

edit: 05/25/14, 10/01/14, 02/02/15, 07/20/15, 07/20/15, 12/26/15

Slowly migrate? That's what I did with my wife and I. She stayed on Verizon until her contact was up.and I went ahead and bailed to ATT.

nillapuddin

Slowly migrate? That's what I did with my wife and I. She stayed on Verizon until her contact was up.and I went ahead and bailed to ATT.

Yeah thats kinda our only option, its gunna be a lonnng process lol

Back to my original question though, is buying that phone off ebay a good idea? It seems legit, the ones with bad ESN's are clearly listed as such.

I just need something to get me through to my inevitable switch over

edit:

Alternate scenario A: we all fake our deaths to get out of our contracts

Alternate scenario B: we switch to a T mobile, they pay for our ETF from Sprint, then somehow we leave T Mobile (without charges, possibly faking our deaths) then sign up for ATT, obtain eternal lumia hapiness

NeOak

Yeah thats kinda our only option, its gunna be a lonnng process lol

Back to my original question though, is buying that phone off ebay a good idea? It seems legit, the ones with bad ESN's are clearly listed as such.

I just need something to get me through to my inevitable switch over

edit:

Alternate scenario A: we all fake our deaths to get out of our contracts

Alternate scenario B: we switch to a T mobile, they pay for our ETF from Sprint, then somehow we leave T Mobile (without charges, possibly faking our deaths) then sign up for ATT, obtain eternal lumia hapiness

If you want AT&T, do it gradually. EDIT: HOLY SHIT 2015? GG.

If you are fine with the T-Mobile phones, well... go to T-Mobile.

Edit: For the 2015 ones T-Mobile is your only choice.

Edit 2: IMO, Move all to T-Mobile, get Lumia 925s. Can't be worse than staying with Sprint.

Edit 3: If you want the 1520, the US version RM-938 and AT&T version RM-940 seem to have the bands for T-Mobile 3G/HSPA & LTE.

nillapuddin

If you want AT&T, do it gradually. EDIT: HOLY SHIT 2015? GG.

If you are fine with the T-Mobile phones, well... go to T-Mobile.

Edit: For the 2015 ones T-Mobile is your only choice.

Edit 2: IMO, Move all to T-Mobile, get Lumia 925s. Can't be worse than staying with Sprint.

Well I want to move us from Sprint because the service is poor and the data is bad, from what I understand T Mobile is slightly better, but ATT is the ALOT better

On ATT I can pay almost the exact same per month, but get much better service and a wider selection of phones.

Right now Im running the numbers on TMobile to see how it stacks up

edit: welp nvm, saw the 925. Realized it was ugly as sin (my opinion)
I guess I could try and buy some unlocked lumia 920/1020

edit2: holy shit, unlocked 1020 for 400, nvm, plan r, gunna ride it out w/sprint and move people over as I go

Mario007

If I register for the developer preview of win 8.1 and update my phone with it, will I be then screwed later on when Nokia releases an official Lumia Cyan update?

maeh2k

Are screen protectors worth getting?

I think protective cases are more important than screen protectors. A shattered screen is worse than a scratched one, and flip covers also protect the screen against most scratches (as long as you don't get sand between the screen and the cover or something).
However, you can't really be too careful.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I had a dream last night where I pick up my phone and the start screen looks weird. I swipe down from the top......and I had a notification center! Apparently the 8.1 update had downloaded and installed in the background.

I just woke up and what's the first thing I do?

grab my phone and swipe down from the top, but no dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom