• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Y'all know deep in your hearts that Nozaki would be a better series if Hori didn't exist - or was a side character with not a lot of panel time - and Kashima's counterpart in the duo was Mikorin instead.

cajunator

Banned
Oh there's a second package here too.

At this point i'm just waiting on Nadia to complete my Christmas haul. Didn't get as much as I thought I would, but I decided to wait for next year's sale to do more.

2015-01-1720.53.39yku4y.jpg

Getting caught up on TWGOK I see!
Is Needless good? I know it has some awesome music.

Gazoinks

Space Dandy 21

I need more time to solidify my feelings, but my gut feeling is that this will be one of my favorite episodes of TV anime. Just breathtaking.

I was really bad about keeping up with Dandy, but I tuned in for this episode and it was really incredible. Nice to see more people appreciating it.

Thoraxes

Getting caught up on TWGOK I see!
Is Needless good? I know it has some awesome music.

Needless is good. I just like the premise and there's an :SDBurton-tier ED. I liked the humor too, and all the powers each person had were neat. I think you'd like it.
Space Dandy 21

I need more time to solidify my feelings, but my gut feeling is that this will be one of my favorite episodes of TV anime. Just breathtaking.

The Ravel in there made it for me. Pretty much the perfect piece to go with the episode.

Stiens;Gate 22

So in the end
Okabe chooses to save Mayuri at the cost of Kirisu's life. And Kirisu and Okabe realizes their feelings for one another too little, too late. At least SERN's plan will be unable to come into forwish-

*After credits sequence happens*

...Or not. At least Part-time Warrior has returned to us once again.

CDiggity

Yatterman 01

Best first episode of the season. This one was a surprise, but I heard good things about it so I figured I'd check it out.

It is an interesting take on a classic franchise and I look forward to seeing what happens next.

That said, a majority of the time spent in this series is at the mahjong table, the final match takes up a majority of the series and it never seems to get boring for me, although I could see it becoming tedious for some.

That final match is apparently still going in the manga!

Y'all know deep in your hearts that Nozaki would be a better series if Hori didn't exist - or was a side character with not a lot of panel time - and Kashima's counterpart in the duo was Mikorin instead.

so wrong

Lies, LIES.

Hori/Kashima 4eva

LEGS

Soma

nope

mikorin stays forever a fifth wheel

(or part of yukari's male harem)

Rainy

Banned
Love Live 1

Having just watched the original Idolmaster I knew this was going to be completely different, and it is. First episode wasn't anything special but looking forward to the rest.

Stiens;Gate 23

So the press conference professor from the very first episode is not only Kirisu's father but is also the one who originally killed her!
Holy shit!

The episode itself felt like a rehash of episode 13,
Only it's Kirisu dying instead of Mayuri. But unlike Mayuri, there's a way to save the girl and prevent the bad future from occuring.

The next episode is it! Don't let me down now, Stiens;Gate!

TUSR

Banned
Stiens;Gate 23

So the press conference professor from the very first episode is not only Kirisu's father but is also the one who originally killed her!
Holy shit!

The episode itself felt like a rehash of episode 13,
Only it's Kirisu dying instead of Mayuri. But unlike Mayuri, there's a way to save the girl and prevent the bad future from occuring.

The next episode is it! Don't let me down now, Stiens;Gate!

There is an OVA and a Movie after that too!

If you're a fan of the series I recommend them both.

Gundam: Reconguista in G 16:
Things sure are getting interesting in here, and not just when it comes to Bellri/Aida's relationship.
I love how they just take it in complete stride at the start, although by the end of the episode it seems like Bellri is on the verge of a breakdown.

Tomino continues introducing new characters and factions without a care in the world. Things are getting pretty messy, but this is exactly what I was hoping for from this series. The story has gotten a lot more involved, and the remaining battles are probably going to be pretty crazy when you consider how many different groups and uneasy alliances there are. The characters also finally seem to be going through some real anguish.

Next week, it looks like Barara is actually going to do something!

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - 6

"All contact with Kaname Chidori is forbidden."

I. Said. Damn.

The sheer freaking timing of that. And the way it just lingers on it for a few seconds right before
Sousuke punches his computer in sheer rage.

It's made all the more effective due to everything before it in this episode.

Like, that haircut scene with Chidori and Kaname was beautiful. There was no music playing during that scene. Nobody was shouting, there wasn't any visual jokes, infodumps, or anything.

It was just Chidori cutting Sousuke's hair. That's it. It's animated beautifully, as you see Chidori being very careful in what she's doing, as it's only her first time doing so.

And when they talk during this scene, it feels like the most normal conversation that they've had so far in this series.

But the real kicker is, you know these two have romantic feelings for each other. It's all in the subtle details. The way Chidori hangs her head when he leaves. The way Sousuke's expression on his face changes to one of fear when Chidori mentions how she'd be on her own if she was attacked.

It's all directed so well, and like I said, it makes the last scene in this episode all the more effective in punching you right in the gut.

Fantastic episode.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - 6

"All contact with Kaname Chidori is forbidden."

I. Said. Damn.

The sheer freaking timing of that. And the way it just lingers on it for a few seconds right before
Sousuke punches his computer in sheer rage.

It's made all the more effective due to everything before it in this episode.

Like, that haircut scene with Chidori and Kaname was beautiful. There was no music playing during that scene. Nobody was shouting, there wasn't any visual jokes, infodumps, or anything.

It was just Chidori cutting Sousuke's hair. That's it. It's animated beautifully, as you see Chidori being very careful in what she's doing, as it's only her first time doing so.

And when they talk during this scene, it feels like the most normal conversation that they've had so far in this series.

But the real kicker is, you know these two have romantic feelings for each other. It's all in the subtle details. The way Chidori hangs her head when he leaves. The way Sousuke's expression on his face changes to one of fear when Chidori mentions how she'd be on her own if she was attacked.

It's all directed so well, and like I said, it makes the last scene in this episode all the more effective in punching you right in the gut.

Fantastic episode.

It is a great scene.

Too bad the haircut scene is the closest the anime ever gets to further developing Souske and Chidori feelings for one another.

Jintor

I would like to see more Mikorin/Kashima interaction, but it's much funnier that Hori is always constantly exasperated rather than Mikorin who would just get caught up

PK Gaming

I got interested in Mahjong watching my Chinese friends in college playing it. I learned some of the variants over time.

But yeah, Saki is...special.

Is Saki worth watching? I heard that it was vaguely reminiscent of Kaiji and I goddamn loved that show. Plus, it's got some...undertones, and you know i'm all about that.

Gridman

Neo Member
Gridman: Boys invent great hero

So I finally got around to watching this. Like I said I never got to see the original Gridman series but I watched the American counterpart so the nostalgia was still there for the fight scenes. I was all giddy the entire time. And then the end came and they actually included this guy:
latest

latest

The proposed hero of a sequel series to Gridman, Gridman Sigma. It was so awesome. The idea behind the character was the same as in this short. The human antagonist from the previous series would fight some relative of Khan Digifier (Kilokahn in America). I know it was just a short, but I'd watch an entire series based on this idea. Even if it was 13 episodes. Made my day.

Rolling Girls 1-2
I rewatched the first episode and enjoyed it a lot more this time. Maybe I was just not in the right mood for this last week. They probably can't maintain this quality, but I'm optimistic that it will remain entertaining nonetheless. Though I suppose that will depend on what the structure of the show will be like now that we're done with the introduction. Actually, we're not really done with it considering they still haven't introduced 3 of the 4 main characters in any meaningful way.

Thoraxes

Dog Days S3 - 02

Very nice. I always feel so comfy watching this show. So soothing.

Also Shinku is still a pimp. Becky is still the best.

1KbalhM.jpg

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 6

I actually quite liked this episode! There was something quite enjoyable about Misaka doing Judgement duty and finding that it had more to do with simple, everyday life stuff than she thought it would.

Such a simple premise, but it ends up working out pretty well. I know I said I wanted more action in this show, but if I get more episodes like this one along with that, I think I'll enjoy this just fine.

Andrew J.

You know why Cure Lovely is better than Cure Heart? They're both willing to help anyone and everyone up to the point of recklessness, but Heart is somehow the student council president and an academic paragon, whereas Lovely is big dumb meathead with terrible grades. Matches the rest of her personality much better.

You know why Cure Lovely is better than Cure Heart? They're both willing to help anyone and everyone up to the point of recklessness, but Heart is somehow the student council president and an academic paragon, whereas Lovely is big dumb meathead with terrible grades. Matches the rest of her personality much better.
I mean, aren't all other lead cures better by non-DokiDoki association?

Andrew J.

I'm trying to limit comparisons between those two because 1) they're the most recent and 2) they share that some boundless confidence/willingness to charge in to help so it's easier to compare their other features. Lead characters like, say, Cure Blossom or Cure Happy are just completely different archetypes altogether.

That's because Mana was basically a goddess. And I don't mean that positively. Even the finale made her out to be like that.

I don't know. The closest one I find debatable would be Cure Happy, but then again, Cure Happy and Cure Heart are effectively on two opposite spectrums of extreme Pink bias. Only thing comparable that is truly comparable is how horrible the finales for both seasons were

Yatterman 01

Best first episode of the season. This one was a surprise, but I heard good things about it so I figured I'd check it out.

It is an interesting take on a classic franchise and I look forward to seeing what happens next.

I find out Yoru no Yatterman's director only 26 years old(http://myanimelist.net/people/17047/Yoshihara_Tatsuya), it will be intersting to see how will he understand the Yatterman series.

Thoraxes

G-Reco - 16

Damn, Beliri is starting to
crack and everyone is trying to circumvent each other through politics. Shit is starting to get real.
The music was really awesome this episode too.
I can't wait for Belliri to lose his shit and blow up Towasanga or something lol. The Gundam legend stuff can be cool too.

So fucking good.

bVaVPsZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom