• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirobako 03-04

Coming off a 2 week break I still find myself not sure what I think of this. The only thing going for it right now is that it's completely different from any other anime I've watched. It's basically Office Job the Animation and I just don't find it that compelling. I've lived Office Job, I don't really want to watch it. There is no conflict except for deadlines and the introduction of characters at breakneck pace is a big turn off. I'll keep watching as supposedly some office drama starts but so far I'm unconvinced.

Branduil

No one wants to make an OT that isn't likely to see a 3rd page?

iAlL8NL2VfYgc.jpg

I guess I'll make an OT tomorrow.

Crocodile

Y'all know deep in your hearts that Nozaki would be a better series if Hori didn't exist - or was a side character with not a lot of panel time - and Kashima's counterpart in the duo was Mikorin instead.

Hori and Kashima's relationship is fucking weird. Super violent for a show that, while a comedy, isn't exactly what I'd call Looney-Tunes esque

Veitsev

Is Rolly Girly a funimation joint? How does I watch?

Yuribear also FN right? Damnit, I need a stream consolidator

Rolling Girls is on Funimation. They also just rolled out a $4.99 sub only plan for simulcasts.

Also their website is still kind of wonky. For whatever reason I still have an all access pass and access to everything (despite cancelling), have not been billed, am unable to change plans (because it says I still have a plan that I cancelled), and the website actually acknowledges I have sent in a cancellation notice and my time should have run out by the date listed.

Like I want to give them money for this season but their website is so shitty it won't let me.

Crocodile

What a good OT title? Should it even bother mentioning KLK?

Mentioning KLK in the title would be a good way to INSTANTLY derail the thread into a long, tired discussion about KLK, how it "saved"/"ruined" anime, how its a "fun parody"/representative of all that is wrong" in modern anime, etc.

Rolling Girls deserves better

Quasar

Gourmet Girl Grafitti 2 - Thats more like the shaft we know and love. Such comfort food viewing for me. I guess it might fit into the iyashikei bucket. Which in some cases (Tamayura) I adore. In others I'm bored.

Rolling Girls 2 - Still liking it. Continue to be curious to see where this goes. Girls motor biking across a post war Japan? Continues to remind me of Yokakura Quartet.

Shirobako 05

Now this is in a weird area where I'm not sure if I should be taking this completely seriously or shrug it off as it's an anime. Usually when someone starts underperforming you start to wave the letter of dismissal under their nose. You'd think being locked in a confined space would stunt creativity, not inspire it...

There was finally some drama (surrounding 3D of course!). It was half clash of egos, half bad communication. Having a buffer relaying messages never works, the two animators should have just met with each other to come to a decision. I think I would have enjoyed watching that meeting more than watching Tarou fumble around between the two egos.

Veitsev

Shirobako 05
Now this is in a weird area where I'm not sure if I should be taking this completely seriously or shrug it off as it's an anime. Usually when someone starts underperforming you start to wave the letter of dismissal under their nose. You'd think being locked in a confined space would stunt creativity, not inspire it...

Seiichi is prone to laziness and this got him into trouble before with "Jiggly" and it lead to disaster. For him, locking him up in a cage and forcing him to work instead of getting distracted or caught up in his own insecurity/cowardice and getting all mopey is probably the best thing. I also think its implied (maybe stated?) that these two have a history together. This is a tough love measure that I think Seiichi knows is necessary on some level. I mean if he really really wanted to get out of that cage at all costs I think he would. Also (this isn't really much of a spoiler, very minor about next episode)
he sneaks out to go to a recording session and goes back to the cage later more cooperatively
. Also you can't just fire Seiichi. He is the director. If you fire him there won't be time to find someone else and complete the series. You fire Seiichi you essentially kill Exodus production entirely.

Syrinx

So I'm probably going to finish Ping Pong tomorrow, leaving made with a little less than two weeks to get an AOTY ballot in. Is there one or two more series I should try and check out?

I already know about Pupipo so don't say Pupipo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Go for movies/ovas like Animator Expo, Wind Rises and Kaguyahime.

PK Gaming

For same reason 4th season of korra had 3nd thread. Shipping.

Btw its jusf me but you're like 2nd person just next to brandy in hating KLM blol

Shipping definitely didn't sustain that thread.

It was pretty much a Gammako world until the last few episodes.

So I'm probably going to finish Ping Pong tomorrow, leaving made with a little less than two weeks to get an AOTY ballot in. Is there one or two more series I should try and check out?

Barakamon! Such a great and enjoyable show that you should try.

Crocodile

Have you already watched Space Dandy yet?

jgminto

Have you watched Shounen Hollywood?

Veitsev

I'd just look over the 2014 voting thread and take note of any anime that are mentioned multiple times. Noragami, Shirobako, Barakamon, Tonari no Seki-kun, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Space Dandy, No Game No Life and Parasyte seem to getting a lot of attention along with 2013 holdovers Log Horizon and Kill la Kill.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm watching Boyhood and I'm curious whether there's any anime out there sort of like it? I guess a slice of life from a male perspective about growing up.

Dog Days" 02

Well now shit getting real, a war is about to start and they're teaching the Dragon Priestess the power of friendship. All was right with the world.

Samurai Flamenco?

I'm watching Boyhood and I'm curious whether there's any anime out there sort of like it? I guess a slice of life from a male perspective about growing up.

Uhhh...FLCL?

jgminto

Wandering Son. Growing up isn't the main theme but it's definitely touched on throughout the show.

It's on my mind because I've been watching Touch, but Adachi's series (Touch, Cross Game) fit into this. Though I'm not sure if that's quite what you're looking for. They are coming of age/slice of life stories mostly from a male perspective, and even feature time skips. Maison Ikkiku also works here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom