• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We should. /XX/ explained why the exercise is silly, though tbh, it still serves a purpose of allowing people to promote shows they like, so I guess it's OK. (there are better formats for that)
It's a representative list of the group, which makes it somewhat interesting. Whether or not it matters to you in terms of the the "list" telling you what you should like is something you need to probably something you shouldn't worry about. I mean, there are shows that I think are great that no one will watch and vice versa, and the list won't really change any of that.

(Yamato 2199 is objectively the best show last year though)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hmmm don't know anything about this one, but read that if I liked Kill la Kill I'd enjoy it. Truth?

Well, that depend i guess. If you like crazy stuff happening on screen, give it a shot.

Rest in peace Origa.
Her voice is amazing.

Sailor Moon Crystal 14

e4R0MLM.jpg

Sailor Moon attacks the weak point for massive damage.

That's Queen Metalia dealt with then. And at the end of the episode an even worse enemy appears ;P

Predestination

Eat your heart out Steins;Gate because Ethan Hawke is back in town. What an entertaining film and super LGBT friendly which surprised me as I didn't hear about it. The twists and turns it took with the predestination aspect of time traveling was super fun to watch. Give it a watch if you're into sci fi.

Theonik

It's a representative list of the group, which makes it somewhat interesting. Whether or not it matters to you in terms of the the "list" telling you what you should like is something you need to probably something you shouldn't worry about. I mean, there are shows that I think are great that no one will watch and vice versa, and the list won't really change any of that.

(Yamato 2199 is objectively the best show last year though)
But that's not my point. It is silly to try and convert a year of anime watching into a list. And as you said, people are very unlikely to watch the things you promote.

CDiggity

Well Shirobako episode 1-12 air event just set the new highest review record of niconico history
http://nikonikoranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-11042.html

While that is very good to see, the problem with Nico is that overtime, the only people who keep watching it are the ones who already like the series. So unless they severely screw something up like say...Valvrave, people will generally vote extremely favorably. It's also why finale episodes usually have absurdly high scores.

While that is very good to see, the problem with Nico is that overtime, the only people who keep watching it are the ones who already like the series. So unless they severely screw something up like say...Valvrave, people will generally vote extremely favorably. It's also why finale episodes usually have absurdly high scores.

Seeing the history ranking i won't say that, overtime/single episode still 50/50 for me, and well, seems they like KLK episode 23 and 22 more than 24 lol.
http://nikonikoranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-8724.html

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Junketsu no Maria Episode 2:

I am developing a curious relationship with this series, when it tries to be serious it is pretty damn good but when it is trying to be funny I want to burn every copy in the known universe. I will continue to watch but I am unsure which side of my own dichotomy will win.

Junketsu no Maria 02

Gv23E3e.jpg

Good points actually.

I wasn't expecting the Archangel Michael to be so...rigid and judicial? I mean that in a good way actually. I was expecting Michael to have much more of a huffy personality yet thinking of what the angel said to Maria, what Michael's purpose is and how the Heavens views what she's doing it kinda makes sense why Michael is that way. The way its posed I can see both sides of the issue: Maria hates wars and violence and will do everything in her power to prevent it. Yet on a other side the angel brings up some good points. God isn't going to save/aid everyone that calls for his assistance that just doesn't make sense in a way. I'm personally totally fine with everything that happened in the first half of the episode just to note.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Think it peaks far too early with Mamoru vs Guy.

It does, it really does, GaoGaoGar Final really is a victim of the Post-Eva years since it just descends into a mess of sloppy writing, one-upmanship asspulls and some of the most confusing narrative I have seen in awhile. I was trying to enjoy it but my teeth were gritting by episode 6 and by episode 7 I dropped it.

Link Man

Banned
Junketsu no Maria Episode 2:

I am developing a curious relationship with this series, when it tries to be serious it is pretty damn good but when it is trying to be funny I want to burn every copy in the known universe. I will continue to watch but I am unsure which side of my own dichotomy will win.
So like Your Lie in April or Blue Spring Ride?

fertygo

Maria - 02

Oh boy those gay oral sex and rape joke gonna offend people lol

Btw there's no fancy animation like in first episode but I feel the direction still strong and the mythologies goes crazy with Valkyrie and Archangel appearance, Maria also summon some greak creature.. this gonna be fun.

Junketsu no Maria 2

Oh look, another anime female protagonist which is both moe and tsundere. /yawn.
The male incubus gag with the hazy parts was funny, but it was less funny the "homo" gag. It doesn't even makes sense, they created him when they found gay men as obstacle for the succubus, he should swing that way too or even better, both sides!

Also, her plan (or lack of it) about stopping the war is a bit silly, she is clearly only delaying a pair of battles, nothing else, I would prefer if she would have some kind of plan, and if her obsession is explained soon, even better.

Michael's intervention and the philosophical underpinnings
("Are you going to save all the villages? There is war in several places at once.
Are you going to condemn another village that in the future will be attacked by the mercs you didn't want to kill?" )
was the high point of the episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yoru no Yatterman Episode 2:

SO who wants to be the first to tell the SDBurton about this program? Anyway, two episodes in and I can already say this is already the best and my most favored post-modernist re-creation of a classic Tatsunoko franchise.

John Blade

excel_saga_by_lunaticbitch.jpg

I gotta to say, this show isn't my cup of tea as it's very too random for my taste. Still, it's still give me a smile watching it as they so many things pop in which I chuckle or like. I will say, this show is for someone who want something more in the randomness than story or plot as they isn't really one except the conquer the world. What you got is basically small side story which you follow in each episodes and also the minor story which you see in each episode like conquer the world and Pedro mission to get his wife back, and the team that suppose to stop ACROSS and other enemies to conquer the earth.

I never read the manga so I can't say if it follow the manga at all or not. Also, watch this on Eng dub which doesn't sound bad from what I listen. Now, I am going to stop watching anime for a week to cool down a bit but will go back watching to Mezzo Forte Series.

Yatterman 02

You know despite how spirited this trio is there's something distinctly tragic and depressing abut this show so far. Not that I'm not enjoying it mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom