• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I just cant see Kise losing to a non GoM team, seems odd for the cup, even if Haizaki was a psuedoGoM?

I feel the same way now but before this episode I figured they wanted to set up another big bad for Kuroko and friends to overcome. Although that will probably end up being Akashi this time around.

Enron

Banned
Trust me. Once again, Sabre has agreed to a bet that will be far worse for him as the loser than it would be for Narag if Narag lost. My team of experts were brought in to consult, and upon reviewing the Sabre avatar candidate immediately recommended with moving forward.

Pooya

Sabre wants revenge. He made avatar bet earlier that the browns would make the playoff with narag. He lost the bet and had to use a avatar that narag picked. Today the colts play the Patriots. Sabre is making the bet the Patriots will beat the Colts. Haly advised Sabre to take the bet!

Anime of animegaf would sell 80k BDs per volume. Somebody just has to make it.

Stiens;Gate 24

And with that we have gone full circle. The loose ends have all been tied up, Kirisu's father gets his just desserts, and everything the characters have gone through has payed off.

Overall, a great ending to a great show. The story is complex and engaging, the characters are fun to watch, the dub is top notch and the music sets the mood of what the show is going for perfectly.

Overall, It's a show I'd definitely recommend. It's not perfect by any means but it's still pretty damn good watch.

Now to watch the OVA.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Saekano 1
Great show for those who have tight fetish. The fanservice from ep 0 is basically reduced so that we can gaze at tight.
Other than composition problem that have bee mentioned by Haly, i consider this show quite pretty. It's a harem show about group of people making eroge. This could be funny.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sabre wants revenge. He made avatar bet earlier that the browns would make the playoff with narag. He lost the bet and had to use a avatar that narag picked. Today the colts play the Patriots. Sabre is making the bet the Patriots will beat the Colts. Haly advised Sabre to take the bet!

Sabre you fool!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Looking back I really like Witch Craft Works. I wonder if that got picked up by anybody.

It was a fun albeit brainless show. I do hope we get to see more eventually.

Stiens;Gate 24

And with that we have gone full circle. The loose ends have all been tied up, Kirisu's father gets his just desserts, and everything the characters have gone through has payed off.

Overall, a great ending to a great show. The story is complex and engaging, the characters are fun to watch, the dub is top notch and the music sets the mood of what the show is going for perfectly.

Overall, It's a show I'd definitely recommend. It's not perfect by any means but it's still pretty damn good watch.

Now to watch the OVA.

Glad you enjoyed it, it's one of the best anime in recent months.

John Blade

They created the anime before the manga had a plot. The manga is 27 volumes long, the anime was created when only about 6 volumes were out. Ha. There's a third girl who doesn't even show up in the anime, Elgala.

Is the Manga have the same format like you see in the Anime where each episode have it's own storyline and plot and you kinda following the vague main plot which is taking over the world? Or is it very different?

Nagi no Asukara - 01

Well to start things off, it looks really gorgeous! I like the rivalry between the two boys over drama queen, I can already tell it's going to get feisty.
So for future reference and for my own predicament, this is; best girl, worst drama queen, worst boy, and best boy, right?
The tension between land and sea people will be interesting to see how it's handled further down the road, and well.. the supernatural stuff as well. I hope this turns out good, because it's so pretty ;_;
uOiQaDC.jpg
bgh25AY.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
animegaf breeding bullies!

~wan
Here's an avatar bet for all of AnimeGAF:

I bet you will still have bad taste and your favourite anime is still codswallop by the end of 2015.

Might as well take the punishment avatar now to save us some time.

Nagi no Asukara - 01

Well to start things off, it looks really gorgeous! I like the rivalry between the two boys over drama queen, I can already tell it's going to get feisty.
So for future reference and for my own predicament, this is; best girl, worst drama queen, worst boy, and best boy, right?
The tension between land and sea people will be interesting to see how it's handled further down the road, and well.. the supernatural stuff as well. I hope this turns out good, because it's so pretty ;_;

Worst boy fortunately gets much better along the way, otherwise I would've dropped the show and missed out on what's overall still a good, albeit definitely quite flawed show.

Rainy

Banned
Nagi no Asukara - 01

As said above me its a flawed show, gets quite melodramatic but I loved it a lot. The animation is breathtaking and I found the characters relatable. One of my favorites from last year.

Log Horizon 2 12

Well that was unexpected. The earlier episodes in Akihabara were lacking but goddamn they delivered with the raid.

All that kiting reminds me of kiting Drakkisath in UBRS with my vanilla hunter :{

PK Gaming

Avatar bets are a truly vexing thing.

That's like asking why people gamble.
  • The thrill of being on the edge of a win or loss
  • The opportunity of being able to directly change a person's avatar
  • The sheer pleasure of being winning (a.k.a being right)
Those are just some of the reasons why people are drawn to avatar bets.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rolling Girls 2

It might've been the chorizo talking but I teared up a bit when Ma-chan was struggling to done the guise of Maccha Green. As motivations go, her reasons are pretty cliche, but it's done rather well here with Nozomi feeling patronized that she's being treated like a child, and demanding that she be allowed to worry for Ma-chan's sake at the very least. As people, there are things we do that, while seemingly noble or benign on the surface, can turn out to be a gentle cruelty.

There was an instance of this in Hyouka between Oreki and Satoshi, with Oreki not realizing that his "humility" was actually destroying Satoshi's self esteem. It's not something you see often in anime so I like its presence and execution here.

Despite there being a new Ikuhara anime, I think Rolling Girls might be the yuri show of the season.

Rage of Bahamut - 09
The king is a moron , kaisar a bro , rita best investogator, Dragon CG+ Dragon CG that talks

Yep nice surmmary.
Shingeki%20no%20Bahamut%20-%20Genesis%20-%2009.jpg

inquisition ? what inquisition ! What a moron.

Favaro continues to live his life hanging by a thread and despite that he is still able to say " screw this fate . i'm not gaonna follow this !!"

There is potential for a good finale but now with 3 episode remaining , i'm not sure how we'll be able to handle all this plots thread in a satisfactory manner. But Hey , let's hope i'm wrong because andgels and demons are ready for war, jeanne about to be esecuted , rita in a PINCH , favaro forced to make a choice that will change himself forever and ... well i guess i need to start the next episode ASAP

cajunator

Banned
Stiens;Gate 22

So in the end
Okabe chooses to save Mayuri at the cost of Kirisu's life. And Kirisu and Okabe realizes their feelings for one another too little, too late. At least SERN's plan will be unable to come into forwish-

*After credits sequence happens*

...Or not. At least Part-time Warrior has returned to us once again.

At this point I basically stopped, got some food and a drink and shut myself out from the world until the show was over. I would never in a million years have left the show off right here.

Stiens;Gate 23

So the press conference professor from the very first episode is not only Kirisu's father but is also the one who originally killed her!
Holy shit!

The episode itself felt like a rehash of episode 13,
Only it's Kirisu dying instead of Mayuri. But unlike Mayuri, there's a way to save the girl and prevent the bad future from occuring.

The next episode is it! Don't let me down now, Stiens;Gate!

Then it all becomes clear. Still wasnt gonna leave the show there.

Love Live 2

Maki is my favorite.

I think most people would say that.

Shugo Chara 13

We made a literal break a few eggs for our goal here. Utau interestingly has 2 eggs as well.

As for the plot, I have a sinking feeling on who hosts the Embryo, just simply based on what was said up until now.
It's probably going to be Amu's sister.

Worst boy fortunately gets much better along the way, otherwise I would've dropped the show and missed out on what's overall still a good, albeit definitely quite flawed show.
As said above me its a flawed show, gets quite melodramatic but I loved it a lot. The animation is breathtaking and I found the characters relatable. One of my favorites from last year.

Hmm, alright sounds good enough, but I just realized they made Glasshit, so I'll remain skeptical. Thanks for the input though.

Nagi no Asukara - 02

Land children are cute. Worst boy is yet again proving his worth by being Mr Overprotective Jelly Douchebag.
Kinda cute that Manaka wants her Knee fish back to get Kiharas attention. Now lets see what happens to Douchebags sister and what this will trigger.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But that's not my point. It is silly to try and convert a year of anime watching into a list. And as you said, people are very unlikely to watch the things you promote.
I mean, the number of shows is completely arbitrary and is only 10 because that seems to be how we rank things, but I think a list is useful to at least know what's out there.

I mean, I'm probably never going to watch The Americans, but it's one of the more popular shows that have aired. I'm glad to know about it, even if it's something I'm not interested in.

It's like you decided to junk up a billboards with something like Kill Me Baby! lol

Theonik

I mean, the number of shows is completely arbitrary and is only 10 because that seems to be how we rank things, but I think a list is useful to at least know what's out there.

I mean, I'm probably never going to watch The Americans, but it's one of the more popular shows that have aired. I'm glad to know about it, even if it's something I'm not interested in.
The number of shows is not really the problem. It is the process of ranking them!

It's like you decided to junk up a billboards with something like Kill Me Baby! lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPwgajcMp2g

Rage of bahamut - 10

The only way i'll be satisfied with bahamut ending is if belzebuth and his subordinate dies in the most painfull way possible.
Shingeki%20no%20Bahamut%20-%20Genesis%20-%2010.jpg

sigh everyone is an asshole ....what to do ...

Ps: rita continues to be the best character.

Oh the mother-daughter scene was great ...

Akainu

The Rolling Girls 1 first 6 minutes

People are comparing this to klk? I've seen more animation in the first six minutes than klk combined.

Haly

/XX/'s criticisms of the AotY are well-founded, but that's also because he holds himself to a much higher standard than most of us do ourself. We are, let's be honest, filthy casuals. There are people in that thread voting for one show and one show only because that's "all they watched", and people voluntarily refraining from voting because "they haven't watched enough to form an opinion", despite having watched five or more shows.

As such, my intent for AotY thread wasn't necessarily only to rank shows, but to create a repository of quality shows for future reference. I personally don't have an eidetic memory when it comes to anime and manga, and these threads serve as a useful resource for me. The ranking merely helps in creating a "priority" list in case I ever had the need to put together a "watchlist" for someone else.

The ranking... helps create structure and context. If you just throw a list of shows at most people they're not going to respond very well. But if they see it's "highly ranked" according to AnimeGAF, they might be more inclined to check it out.

I think it really helps shows like Shin Sekai Yori and GuP.

Uh yeah I kind of can't come up with too many things to say about this episode.

You start of with the usual Chirico being extremely jaded, alway a classic. Then you get a really cool heist movie in the middle of the episode. After that everything gets wrapped up with a some mecha combat and the revelation that Chirico's past is really coming back to haunt him.

Locodol 13

Stalker alert!

So, a visit from the Awa Awa Girls. Too bad there's not a lot to show off in Nagarekawa, but it works out in the ends.

This show is light on the comedy and without much drama, so it's more of a relaxing show. It's idol slice of life and that's fine.

Nanako reminds me a bit of Natsuki from Chronicles of the Going Home Club, just without the ahoge and with less uh... stupid people around :p Yukari is a mix of Mugi from K-On and Haruka from Rail Wars or something.

Only bad character is Mirai at first when she's super shy, but at least she overcomes that. Only weak episode is the one with her as a focus.

Quite pleasant show, so 4/5 Uogokoro-kuns:
i83Oe6c.png
i83Oe6c.png
i83Oe6c.png
i83Oe6c.png
i7ISfKc.png

phaze

Rage of bahamut - 10

The only way i'll be satisfied with bahamut ending is if belzebuth and his subordinate dies in the most painfull way possible.

Ps: rita continues to be the best character.

Oh the mother-daughter scene was great ...

Yeah agreed. Managed to make me misty eyed.

Joan was on par with Rita till last 2 episodes. :(

Ending is rushed but remains decent and enjoyable.

Maria the Virgin Witch 02

Repeated the heinous crime of referring to French army as "Imperial".

Dropped.

Shugo Chara 14

Oh hay we get a new character with a Shugo Chara
but with Sensei's recent actions, she might not be a full fledged one, as he managed to seal her Shugo Chara by sealing doubts in our new girl. Oh myyyy

DICKS

Haly

Uh yeah I kind of can't come up with too many things to say about this episode.

IS A PERSON'S FATE RULED BY GOD OR CHANCE?

THAT IS THE ETERNAL MYSTERY THAT WINDS THROUGH THE ENDLESS CORRIDOR OF TIME.

BUT THE THING WHICH CHANGED CHIRICO'S DESTINY WAS SOMETHING KNOWN ONLY AS THE PROTOTYE.

THE TREMORS OF BATTLE RUNNING THROUGH THE DARKNESS OF LIDO ARE NOW REBORN IN THE CITY OF WOODO.

NEXT TIME, THE PROTOTYPE

FROM INSIDE A JIJIRIUM SHOWER A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN SMILES.

Theonik

IS A PERSON'S FATE RULED BY GOD OR CHANCE?

THAT IS THE ETERNAL MYSTERY THAT WINDS THROUGH THE ENDLESS CORRIDOR OF TIME.

BUT THE THING WHICH CHANGED CHIRICO'S DESTINY WAS SOMETHING KNOWN ONLY AS THE PROTOTYE.

THE TREMORS OF BATTLE RUNNING THROUGH THE DARKNESS OF LIDO ARE NOW REBORN IN THE CITY OF WOODO.

NEXT TIME, THE PROTOTYPE

FROM INSIDE A JIJIRIUM SHOWER A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN SMILES.
VOTOMS previews so good.

cajunator

Banned
What a good OT title? Should it even bother mentioning KLK?

That would be a BAD idea.

Dear lord! That's like $220 :(

Does it even have subtitles?

Thats actually a really great value for a japanese BD collection!

Why hasn't SHAFT made a hentai series?

I would prefer they use their talents for good.

Welcome to duckroll's Marvel!

D: Not like this. Not like this!!
His stuff is so terrible I dont even think beginner artists make some of those mistakes or are that lazy with their work. Its like he made fundamentally poor art then dressed it up with flashy details until the underlying problems get lost. Until you analyze it for a couple minutes and see all the problems clear as day.

You know how this place feels about 3D

3d a shit!
Except Firefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom