• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

Junketsu no Maria Episode 2:

I am developing a curious relationship with this series, when it tries to be serious it is pretty damn good but when it is trying to be funny I want to burn every copy in the known universe. I will continue to watch but I am unsure which side of my own dichotomy will win.

I can definitely see that. All the bad sex jokes have been taken from the manga so far, which means they'll never completely go away even if their frequency might change on occasion, but the new additions to the anime seem to focus on expanding the serious or neutral elements. I hope that helps keep the balance on the positive side in the long run.

I know Im late to the party but I started Code Geass. 7 episodes in. Its pretty alright. Hope it gets better.

Well, it's a rollercoaster so things will go up and down several times. In my view, the series is both fun and interesting enough if you can handle that.

Sad news. Despite not being as much of a fan of her music as others probably were, I also liked her anime work.

Theonik

gYnHaXm.jpg
I don't even know what these shows are!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I see IDOLM@STER at the top, vocaloids in the top left. Akarin tastefully shopped in, and I can't recognize anything else.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hyper Police Episode 1:

This is one of those legacy titles that I have been aware of for ages but I have never watched until now. SO far this holds quite a lot of promise, interesting world, relateable characters, subtle touches like have the cat girl act like a cat, yes a solid first outing all around. I will say I think some of the chracter designs clash with each other like Kondo and Benten fell like they were designed for completely different shows. Also, the comedy spots didn't make me wish for a quick and painless death which is also a plus.

Locodol 11

Because they all wear glasses, right? :p

So it's finally time for the Locodol festival where they'll compete against other Locodols. Everybody else got proper management and goods to sell, but they've more about promoting themselves than their town or something.

ahahahaha, dat Aldnoah. It was actually kind of really boring for the most part. Had some nice Inaho autism though, so that's it was mildly entertaining.

Also how is the term orbital knights written in japanese? Because it sure sounds like 機動騎士

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rolling Girls 2

CROCODILE!!!! This has been really fun, as long as the colourful and fun fights continue I can see myself really liking this. Too early to make a real evaluation on the characters but they don't annoy me so that's a plus.

Yatterman - 02

I'm not sure where to quite put my fingers on this, it has the adventurous goofy feel but at the same time there's this lingering gloominess.
It's very much a fun watch though, I just don't know what to expect from this. I lost it at the mecha part.

Syrinx

Thanks guys. I fell off Space Dandy around ep.5 during its Toonami run so I should get back on that, especially since it apparently gets way better after that. Other than that I think I'll give Barakamon a shot.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kuroko No Basket Season 3 - 2

The animation quality seems to have improved quite a bit there were lots of .gif moments and Haizaki plays a great heel to Kise's face. This new season is looking very promising.

His power seems pretty unstoppable so Kise is gonna need pretty good shounen magic to pull a win through. The stolen girlfriend bit was pretty funny considering Kise basically gets girls wherever he goes anyway. I'm gonna retract what I said before about Kise losing. After seeing Haizaki shit all over his teammates and the extensive backstory they are laying out for us, Kise is probably going to find someway to break his move stealer and earn a clutch victory.

TxSaeCb.jpg

Madao is my hero. One day I hope to be just like him.

You never go full Madao.

g_pvotomsremastered04ygk79.jpg

This show continues to be incredibly dense, you have the main plot point of the episode, you have random side stuff like Chirico's newtype flash, the over reaching plot the show is building to. So much is going on. Oh and all the battling participants demanding to know each other's rank and service record is a nice touch. It's a very logical and pragmatic thing to do for any character in that situation and is grounded in the the assumptions and realities of the setting.

But what this episode is about is Chirico dealing with some horrible PTSD. Which I think is kinda more genuine than say in gundam where Amuro half way through MSG has a few scenes going "boo hoo I am sacre, I don't want to fight, you can't make me". Here Chirico is a Veteran of countless battlefields and spent years fighting in an extremely brutal conflict. After all of that, after 6 months of relative quiet presumably, having to fight and kill exposes just how broken of a human being he is.

Right after his first PTSD episode, the show goes on to expand on what brought this about and Chirico's own mental state at the moment. The military didn't care about it's veterans, the veterans are just a bunch of kids with no real life experience and are just killing machines that have been thrown in the dump just like the ATs they piloted.

Overall I'd say so far Votoms is tacking a more ground and firm anti-war stance than Gundam ever did.

Pooya

Maria 2
I err.. like this but not going tell anyone about it. Good mix of comedy and serious moments, the comedy parts might be pretty bad though, might be offensive. IG is putting out good work overall.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh dear lord. I've just noticed that during the credits to Wake Up Girls Zoo, Minami Tiger Katayama starts to melt as they start spinning faster and faster.

0uBnpco.jpg

Darkest anime indeed.

Kuroko No Basket Season 3 - 2

The animation quality seems to have improved quite a bit there were lots of .gif moments and Haizaki plays a great heel to Kise's face. This new season is looking very promising.

His power seems pretty unstoppable so Kise is gonna need pretty good shounen magic to pull a win through. The stolen girlfriend bit was pretty funny considering Kise basically gets girls wherever he goes anyway. I'm gonna retract what I said before about Kise losing. After seeing Haizaki shit all over his teammates and the extensive backstory they are laying out for us, Kise is probably going to find someway to break his move stealer and earn a clutch victory.

You never go full Madao.

I just cant see Kise losing to a non GoM team, seems odd for the cup, even if Haizaki was a psuedoGoM?

Sonicbug

excel_saga_by_lunaticbitch.jpg

I never read the manga so I can't say if it follow the manga at all or not.

They created the anime before the manga had a plot. The manga is 27 volumes long, the anime was created when only about 6 volumes were out. Ha. There's a third girl who doesn't even show up in the anime, Elgala.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 5 (engDub)

I love the Battle Sisters. Battle Sister Chocolat was one of the best in the previous and now with Battle Sister Lollipop and Battle Sister Marshmallow the trend can continue. I wonder if we will get a second match using the higher level cards in the clan.

xero273

what happened just now? I'm lost.

Sabre wants revenge. He made avatar bet earlier that the browns would make the playoff with narag. He lost the bet and had to use a avatar that narag picked. Today the colts play the Patriots. Sabre is making the bet the Patriots will beat the Colts. Haly advised Sabre to take the bet!

Sabre wants revenge. He made avatar bet earlier that the browns would make the playoff with narag. He lost the bet and had to use a avatar that narag picked. Today the colts play the Patriots. Sabre is making the bet the Patriots will beat the Colts. Haly advised Sabre to take the bet!

Oooh.

Rolling Girls 2
Really loving the style of the show. Looking forward to what they do with this show.

Durarara S2 2
Introduction to the new characters and they are mostly crazy. Celty is still cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom