• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Dem genes/surgeries!
Probably a little bit of everything lol. Looking at some videos of her from 2001-ish, she still looks pretty much the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3mYIIL7rQ

Her birthday live is titled "17 sai dayo! Yukari chan matsuri! (17 years old! Yukari chan festival!)". The fact that she turns 17 every year is an undisputed fact among her fans.

For those who are not familiar with Tamura Yukari phenomenon, Yukari is forever 17 years old just as Inoue Kikuko is and she is also a royal princess of her own Yukarin Kingdom. The citizens of the kingdom (who would have been called "fans" in any other situation) are known for their military-like loyalty towards their princess and gentlemen / lady like manner.
q3Bps4l.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
yep lol... 2015 will at least have...

Durarara!!x2 Shou, Celty Sturluson
Kaito Joker 2nd Season, Queen
Lupin III (2015), Fujiko Mine
Durarara!!x2 Ten, Celty Sturluson
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions, Nanami Haruka
Persona 3 the Movie 3: Falling Down, Elizabeth
K (2015), Seri Awashima
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, Celty Sturluson
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, Crowley Hamon

+ Monogatari and whatever else she gets casted as.

Nothing stops this train. http://i.imgur.com/TGNz0rC.png

So yeah, all legacy roles. :p

Probably a little bit of everything lol. Looking at some videos of her from 2001-ish, she still looks pretty much the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3mYIIL7rQ

http://i.imgur.com/q3Bps4l.jpg
Forever 17 is kind of weeeeird. lol

Reknoc

This is the first time I've seen the subtitle for the 3rd persona 3 movie. Amazing.

Doesn't work as well over here but I'm willing to overlook them using the wrong name for the sake of puns.

Westlo

So yeah, all legacy roles. :p

Kaitou Joker's first season was like last fall, she's part of the main crew, Gundam Origin is a new, though minor role. She has 4 roles for Spring already none of them supporting, she doesn't exactly have to push hard for work.... she's already established and she's still getting more work than 99% of her peers.....

Not all the Spring shows have been finalized in casting yet either....

JNA

Banned
Seen the first four episodes of season 3 Kuroko No Basket.

This has so far been the worst season imo. I mean I know it's not supposed to be realistic basketball and all that but the BS is now really getting to me.

Especially
in episode 2 when we find out the guy's power is to steal other player's skills and make me his own. Was also able to do it to Kise but for some reason he says he can't do it on the GoMs when he clearly did it against Kise...who is a GoMs.

But that's not what bothered me the most. What bothered me was why the hell didn't Kise just copy Haizki (I know I spelled that wrong) stolen abilities? He can clearly do it and was always able to. This to me made no sense at all.

Lastly, near the end of episode 4, one of the uncrowned kings guy is somehow able to dribble the ball really fast and really loud. The crowd was covering their ears while the defender was only concerned about how he couldn't see the ball. Shouldn't it be the other way around? What kind of logic is that? XD

It's still an entertaining show but the flaws, loopholes and plot holes are really starting to show. And there is only so much BS I can handle. I feel like the powers are now just power creeping. And I heard from someone that read the manga that apparantly Midorima will eventually show an ability that is apparently ridiculous. What in the would could possibly be more absurd than a guy who can shoot the ball consistently from full court?! 0_0

Peso me of the scenes are still pretty funny though. :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 78:

So after the huge slice of processed cheese that was last episode it is once again time to show case the comedic side of Sailor Moon and indeed it is a truly rarefied episode as Minako gets the spotlight for the first time since they closed the book on her past with Sailor Jupiter and whom they kept together as a odd sort of second tier comedy tag team that really didn't go anywhere. So it is time to give her another repackaging and this one if I recall correctly sticks around for awhile as Minako has been recast to basically be Usagi but more earnest and nobody hates her. Indeed, they kind of had to ramp up the ditz factor since Usagi plays to the same gimmick. Still, it is the first real amount of personality she has had for ages now. Anyway, the episode in question was alright, mind recommendation to watch and harmless fun.

Baalzebup

Nanoha A's 9

Did...did Nanoha just become a badass?

While that EP marks start of the episodes that are the pinnacle of Nanona in general, I'd argue that she was badass way before. Her concluding duel with Fate in the first season had plenty of badass in it.

This particular episode is, however, one half of the equation that earned Nanoha the fan nickname of "White Devil" in imitation of the original Gundam. The latter part comes up in StrikerS

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why would you want to be forever 17? Can't even legally drink*.

*long paragraph explaining the different ages you can drink at in the UK.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
NTR is if you like the idea of someone else being with the one you love. Pretty sure most hardcore idol fans don't hence all that weird hair cutting and never hold hands with a member of the opposite sex culture they've got going on.

Witch Craft Works Finished
.....Fuck this show, just give me a spin-off of the five tower witches.
Everything about witchcraft work that isn't related to the main plot is awesome , the rest ... well
Do watch the Oav , it's the perfect way to send of this franchise !!

K (2015), Seri Awashima

Nothing stops this train.
TGNz0rC.png
Will watch everything , except uta no prince sama ..i just can't...
She was teh reason why tales of xillia Was so enjoyable.. Total pleasure, i want moar.

Is it possible to NTR an idol from her fans? Does that happen every time the idol starts like dating or doing non innocent shit? Lol

Please don't discuss NTR , this can't end well. the pure minds of the lurkers reading this thread will be forever tainted !!

Gbraga

Once again I'm back to say guys, guys, watch Koufuku Graffiti if you aren't already.

Every sunday morning it heals me of all the stress that piled up during the week. It's so beautiful TT_TT

Whens Non Non Biyori Repeat?

Unless it's this old lady of course:

O97UyTC.jpg

Yukari Tamura, age 38. Will be 39 this month.

Large ears - wouldn't bang.

Death Parade - 04

I know it's possible to empathize with characters strongly in only a few minutes, but this show's writing simply isn't strong enough for that. Honestly, I think all episodes so far bored me and unless ep5 manages to entertain me with the 'death realm's' other characters I'll drop it.

Rolling Girls - 04

Well, my hopes for this were thrown out of the window. The actual plot these last 2 episodes was so unfathomably bad and relied upon characters messing up in the most stupid of ways ("whoops, I just dropped this oh so very fucking important stone a minute after obtaining it because I run like a moron and can't put it away savely!") and it doesn't even get compensated with cool animation (10s of it don't count). Yeh, episode 2 upheld the animation quality well enough but the drop off since then is a steep one.

Apparently our fears concerning the writer were justified as the overall writing is simply dogshit. The last segment where they just so happen to realize that everyone totally loves the same band was about as forced as it gets.

One more episode, if it doesn't deliver I'm out. This winter season is a travesty.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think it has disappeared at all. There are still a bunch of mecha shows made every year. Every season there is usually at least one mecha show, and last year some seasons had multiple at the same time. There are mecha film and OVAs too. Sure, not all of them turn out well, but that's entertainment in a nutshell.

If we want to talk about "pillars of anime", well, when was the last really significant magical girl show? Madoka? What about before that?

I would say the quality average has definitely gotten worse. There's always been garbage but the past five years there hasn't been any real standout other than GBF. Compare that to the 2000-2005 period or 2005-2010 period and it shows how grim the field has been. Add on to the fact that if you don't like CGI mechs then it gets even worse.

javac

A bit of old news but I'm excited so I thought that I'd post it. The Evangelion Blu-ray box-sets will be available on Friday August 26th. That's right, boxsets. Two sets will be available, a Bluray boxset that will go for 38,000 Yen while a DVD boxset will be sold for 18,000 Yen. Overall the Bluray set has around 900 minutes of content with extras on 9 discs while the DVD set will have around 850 minutes with extras on 8 discs. A new HD telecine is being used.
Official Site
Links:
RcvNG5C.png

Product number: KIXA-90501 ~ 9
Price: ¥ 38,000 + tax
Blu-ray9 Disc (planned) / special binding specification / 900 minutes (planned) + video bonus

[Main contents of inclusion]
"Neon Genesis Evangelion" HD Remastered
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION
TV Series all 26 episodes + video format version 4 episodes (the first 弐拾 Ichihanashi to third 弐拾 four episodes)

"Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth" HD Master
EVANGELION: DEATH & REBIRTH
"DEATH" (first softening) + "REBIRTH"

"The Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie Air / sincerity, to you" in HD master
THE END OF EVANGELION
※ premiere screening version ("Love & Pop" after the main end dispatch is marked with version) of playback can also be selected

"The Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie DEATH (TRUE) 2 / Air / sincerity, to you" in HD master
REVIVAL OF EVANGELION

[Image privilege] ※ plan
■ The recording will all video benefits Sunde-hatsu software
  • Image board collection
  • AR for constant length Rush video
  • Program advertising spot
  • Non telop OP · ED
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0: 0 IN THE BEGINNING special preceding Hen
  • Various spot collection
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0: 0`THE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS
  • Movie # 26 live-action part (special rush edit version)
  • TV series each story 30 seconds notice
  • Movie dispatch-trailer
  • Each AR script
■ TV series deputy director-Masayuki promotional video collection by editing
  • Full size OP "A Cruel Angel's Thesis"
  • Full size ED "FLY ME TO THE MOON"
  • Of-soul Refrain / Yoko Takahashi
  • THANATOS - IF I CAN NOT BE YOURS / LOREN & MASH
  • ARMAGEDDON / Sagisu Shiro
  • Heaven of memory / Megumi Hayashibara
[Voice privilege] ※ plan
  • 5.1ch surround version BGM (22 songs)
[Inclusion privilege] ※ plan
  • Booklet
※ This product "Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray BOX" become (KIXA-90501 ~ 9) on the same day sale "Neon Genesis Evangelion TV broadcast version DVD BOX" (KIBA-92191 ~ 8) is
It becomes another commodity with different contents of inclusion. Please note.

More English friendly translation
  • All 26 episodes
  • All director's cut episodes
  • Evangelion: Death & Rebirth (plus first time Death on video)
  • The End of Evangelion (with Love and Pop extra after film)
  • The Revival of Evangelion
  • 5.1 Surround Sound BGM of 22 tracks offered
Blu-ray extra content:
  • Image Board Collection
  • Dubbing Rush Video
  • Airing TV Spots
  • Textless OP/ED
  • Genesis 0:0 (both volumes)
  • Promotional videos/CMs
  • Episode 26 live action portion
  • TV series 30 seconds preview
  • Movie trailer/teasers*
  • Dubbing scripts
  • Additional Promotional videos edited by Masayuki for the OP/ED, Soul's Refrain, Thanatos, Armageddon, and Memories of Paradice

For the first time legendary anime series "Evangelion" is coming on Blu-ray box in HD remastered version! Features complete 26 episodes (TV version) and 4 episodes in video format. Also comes with theatrical anime films "Death and Rebirth", "Death (true)" , and "The End of Evangelion" the remake of episodes 25 & 26.). Includes booklet. *Contents of Blu-ray box and DVD box is partially different.
Special Feature / Bonus Track: bonus video footage from previouly released products, promotional video collection edited by Masayuki, 22 BGM tracks (5.1ch surround) (subject to change)
Oops :)

Jarmel

Banned
A bit of old news but I'm excited so I thought that I'd post it. The Evangelion Blu-ray box-sets will be available on Friday August 26th. That's right, boxsets. Two sets will be available, a Bluray boxset that will go for 38,000 Yen while a DVD boxset will be sold for 18,000 Yen. Overall the Bluray set has around 900 minutes of content with extras on 9 discs while the DVD set will have around 850 minutes with extras on 8 discs. A new HD telecine is being used.

I would be annoyed about the lack of English subs if the boxset wasn't that cheap.

javac

I would be annoyed about the lack of English subs if the boxset wasn't that cheap.

Yeah I was looking at the CDJapan info and it seems that it'll have no subs or dubs. Still, might as well get an order in and see how it goes. No doubt I'll double and even triple dip when it comes to the UK and US one day. I always said I'd pay over $100 for EoE on Blu-ray alone, well here I am.

I usually don't go for exclusive editions, as the OG is usually the more pure of the two if that makes sense, but at the same time the Amazon Exclusive might be more Limited (as was the case with the Amazon.co.jp Exclusive Bebop set) so I thought it would be wise to get an order in for that first.

Product Details
  • Catalog No.: KIXA-90501
  • JAN/ISBN
  • Product Type: Blu-ray
  • TV Standard: NTSC
  • Number of Discs: 9
  • Label/Distributor: King Records
  • Color: Color
  • Running Time: 900minutes
  • Layers: single-sided/dual-layered
  • Region: free
  • Subtitles: None
  • Audio Track: Japanese Linear PCM Stereo
  • Japanese Linear PCM 5.1ch

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Winter has given us Wake Up Girls! Zoo. It is far from a travesty.

Sure it also gave us another series of Tokyo Ghoul, but swings and roundabouts eh.

Thoraxes

Ikuhara Lesbian Bears, Chiaki Omigawa in a new role, a third season of Dog Days, glorious Dio-sama, SHAFT making a comfy show about cute girls eating food, a good second-half of Shirobako, #slainedidnothingwrong, Umetsu OP with a Maaya Sakamoto x Rasmus Faber OP song, and at least 5 battle-harems?

Yeah, it's a great season for me. Easily the best in a long time.

Reknoc

So far been an enjoyable season for me. I only planned on watching JoJo and now I've somehow ended up watching about 5 shows. Only thing that's disappointed me so far is AssClass but that was doomed from the start.

Jarmel

Banned
Quite frankly I feel like this has been an awful season so far, probably the worst in awhile, with Shirobako being the only notable thing.

K (2015), Seri Awashima

Nothing stops this train.
TGNz0rC.png
Can't forget DA BES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom