• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute duo - 05

Absolute%20Duo%20-%2005.jpg

This theme park may look like that one , but this is obviously a coincidence ...

British girl came too late , you would have won it, if you were 2 week earlier !!!

But now all is lost , but there is still hope to soften that oujo-sama attitude.

Gazoinks

I actually watched The Diary of Tortov Roddle today as well as all the extras they did for it and I absolutely loved it. The Red Berry in particular was hilarious. Such a beautiful art style and enchanting soundtrack. I wish there were more like it, I'm really into my animated shorts right now. Super refreshing stuff, and all of it is blowing me away. Amazing stories told in such a short period of time. A literal goldmine. Might write a little review up on Tortov Roddle tomorrow, as its 4am here now lol.

Speaking of which, I actually recognize your username, you did a review for it on MAL, correct? Thanks for that, it really convinced me to watch it :)

Yeah, I watched the whole series while very, very bored in Florida, and I've watched it several times since. It captures a sense of storybook wonder that I've had a hard time finding in other works. Beautiful.

Haha, I did! I haven't updated my MAL in like a year and a half, but nice seeing one of my reviews made someone watch a good thing.

The Idol Master 10

This episode was weird. They're pushing the whole "working as team" angle yet we already have a sub group with the rest of them doing nothing. There was an introduction of a rival idol team that uses cheap emotional tactics to get into the head of Yayoi. Also some yuri bait sprinkled in because why not? The most bizarre part of the episode was Makoto and Iori's feud. I don't think this was ever touched upon beforehand (or I've forgotten about it) and it just felt really out of place to suddenly bring it up.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere S2 01

Getting back into my rewatch. Musashi fends off Spain only to be attacked by England when they attempt to dock. Fairly eventful.

One thing I'm noticing, compared to when I watched it while it was airing, is the Sentai Filmworks subs include more TL notes than I'm used to. Includes some name translations (Akedia Katarripsi means "Idle Dejection") or explanations for (dejection was originally a Deadly Sin, in place of sloth). Found it kind of funny they felt they needed to clarify that dejection was a Deadly Sin, but they never felt like explaining why sorrow was also one, or why there were 9 Armors of Deadly Sin.

Just go back to Kirbyguy.

I'm honestly surprised people even remember my original username.

Anyway, right now, I'm keeping seperate identities. Can't have people know I like children's tv shows, some which are more emotional than the fabled Majora's Mask.

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu - 1

So I decided to start watching this on a whim, and oh man. I think I'm gonna enjoy this.

Main kid is cool. If not a bit reckless.
Kid's robot is cool.
Kid's robot's finishing move is cool.

My only concern is that this show is animated by Toei. So it's probably going to look really good in some areas and really bad in others. And yeah, there were some shots in this episode that I found...questionable.

But despite that, this show is off to a fun start.

cajunator

Banned
Holywood must be part of this in order to adapt the story for US chores.

Im sure they have adapted worse things.

Nothing can ever surpass Homer Simpson setting cereal on fire.
homer_cereal_fail.gif

How does one set cereal on fire?

I wish I could go through series that fast

The only time I watched an entire series in a day was with Kaiji S2 because that shit was tense

Certain shows I can watch to completion but its rare. Typically its much easier to watch through shows with a strong narrative of course. NHK, Steins Gate, Now and then here or there, Saikano, From the new world, Accel World, Madoka Magica..several more.
But when the mood catches me right and I have time (like I do this week) I could easily burn through a entire series in a day. Problem is I also have a bunch of other interested and the attention span of a water flea.

Jarmel

Banned
So I was checking ANN for news and I see an advertisement for Gurren Lagann and what recommendation do I see in the corner?

"From the creators of Kill La Kill"

uq9HSph.gif

Gazoinks

So I was checking ANN for news and I see an advertisement for Gurren Lagann and what recommendation do I see in the corner?

"From the creators of Kill La Kill"

Have we entered a backwards time loop? Am I slowly going to turn back into a baby?

Midonin

Those fancy gifs convinced me to start watching Princess Precure. What am I in for as someone who has never seen a Precure show?
It's a good baseline magical girl franchise. Since it airs alongside Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, it's pretty similar to them (though leaning more towards Sentai.) Expect merchandising, punny names and some fun action. Somewhat heavy on stock footage and yuri subtext, but it's good with creating lovable characters. Themes for this year include hope/keys/princesses vs despair/locks/some sort of goth-inspired design.

Sterok

Those fancy gifs convinced me to start watching Princess Precure. What am I in for as someone who has never seen a Precure show?

Physical fights, cheesy friendship speeches and the like, extremely girly everything (at least this season), stupid villains, and loads of pink wank that will want to make you tear your hair out when the other characters end up being way cooler then her. But CG dancing and toy ads are the most accurate answers.

Physical fights, cheesy friendship speeches and the like, extremely girly everything (at least this season), stupid villains, and loads of pink wank that will want to make you tear your hair out when the other characters end up being way cooler then her. But CG dancing and toy ads are the most accurate answers.

This of course heavily depends on what season it is.

cajunator

Banned

Link Man

Banned
Nanoha A's 11

The dreams that fulfill your heart's desires are the hardest to wake from, yet wake we must.

The way she flinched when her dream mother reached out to touch her, holy crap.
Nice attention to detail.

Well, it's been almost 24 episodes, but we're finally getting some emotional payoff. Dammit,
Alicia
, I'm crying.

ALL OF MY HYPE! This episode has done the work of an entire series to invest me in the story.

cajunator

Banned
Fushigiboshi no Futagohime 1

So there's like... seven kingdoms with seven princesses who initially compete for the Sun Prince's shining coke.

But shit happens and we have Team Gemini, the most unprincesslike princesses of awww time. I guess this will compliment Go! Princess Precure

This show right here...is one of the most adorable things ever made. Im certain of it. Leona is like a 50 megaton moenuke herself. Its kind of ridiculous.

Has nobody here watched the internet original Senpai Club?

Just found it today and the OP already won me over.

10/10 AOTY

SENPAI CU-RA-BU!

edit:

HALY! HALYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! LET ME RECAST MY AOTY VOTE!

This. This is pretty good. I mean its totally awful but in a good way.

This makes me happy. Those shows deserve sales success!

I'm sorry. (Volume 2)

2015-02-0302.51.5718ucn.jpg

No worries BEAR I bought it too and it came in as well!
The quality looked fine to me.

Fucking SAO why do people like it?
Its just mediocre in the extreme.

I think thats why. Its just middle of the road. Nothing extreme or polarizing. Its safe.
Furthermore, SAO 2 has Sinon in it and frankly she is worth putting up with it.

It checks all the boxes on the wish fulfillment checklist.

ALso this. But for me Im not into wish fulfillment in my anime. I dont know what wishes it would fulfill anyway!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GAF, I have come to ask you the most important question:

"Survival Strategy!" or "Yuri Approved!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom