• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DENKI-GAI Episode 1 – Love & Eros For All / The Nightmare Before Carnaval

First half was amazing especially the shop folks interactions with one another and just how silly it was with the guess the manga. Though some seemed incredibly good, if only they were real.
B9Aef9BIcAAwbx-.png:large
B9AesrSIYAAuC7f.png:large
Second half was pretty weak and kind of sleep inducing. Hope ep2 is an improvement.

Amagi Brilliant Park episode 1 and 2

Wished I hadnt miss this when it was airing. It is such an entertaining and fun show. Kanie is definitely in my list for best protagonists ever. I loved his scene in front of the store window checking himself out.

Looking forward to the park enhancements I hope.

Nordicus

Barakamon Episode 1

Handa is pretty great, really carries the anime. Baffled how the industry works though. He seriously gets to remain in the industry after punching the guy at the showing? Well thats good that everyone gets a second chance.
How on earth did it take you this long to start Barakamon?

Please, if I like it it's only becasue it feels llike the Sword Art Online you would have written, ~chu.
And I thought Steve Alten's Resurrection was insultingly bad.

Excuse me as I go wipe this red stuff dripping from my ears

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damn I can't believe Envelope got stamped out. Waifu wars are dangerous.

Also so happy theres a new Aria anime. Hope its a series and not an OVA. Also Athena :(
I hope they find a way to celebrate her via the character, but I wonder how. I guess with Persona 4 Golden, they just reused voice recordings from the actor who did Igor, so maybe they could do that?

The first episode is a fair representation of the series in general trends - like how the humor, although touching a bit on the whole "male magical girls" doesn't focus on that, but rather other matters. However, the first episode's humor mostly focused on talk about Japanese food, and that's definitely not a recurring focus of the show. Watch at least the 2nd episode, which goes for something else and see if you find it funnier. If it doesn't work either, then, yeah, drop it.
Yeah, it doesn't really feel like it's doing anything with the fact that they are doing a magical girl show with guys that is specific to the gender swapped ideals anyway. They are using the specific beats of that kind of show, but it feels like it is played straight.

Please, if I like it it's only becasue it feels llike the Sword Art Online you would have written, ~chu.
I hope Tom Brady beats your favourite team next year!

KKK is the best! Screw you all for not watching it!
This is the community that thinks Nozaki is better than Sabagebu. They just don't understand.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ping Pong, Space Dandy and Sabagebu were the only 3 anime I watched last year that I didn't actually finish.

And I only feel guilty about not finishing 2 of those!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nozaki is one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. Sagebu wasn't even all that good.

I'm not going to say Sagebu is the funniest show on Earth, but if Nozaki is one of the funniest show you've seen, you need to watch more shows.

Like Gintama and WUGZoo.

I'm not going to say Sagebu is the funniest show on Earth, but if Nozaki is one of the funniest show you've seen, you need to watch more shows.

Like Gintama and WUGZoo.

I'll get to WUGZoo eventually, I dunno if I really want to get into such a long running show like Gintama.

Midonin

Milky Holmes TD 05

I am a sucker for Alice in Wonderland motifs. They go well with the freewheeling craziness of the Milky Holmes girls. And having a new insert song in every episode is also winning me over. More music for the show means more music for me. Marine has to be close to getting all of her Elements back, and when that happens, I wonder what direction the show's going to go.

javac

This is a Japanese export package that has been designed with a worldwide audience in mind. So the release includes the main feature with both the original Japanese audio (with English subtitles) along with English language audio that has been produced by the fine folks at NYAV post (as previewed in the trailer above.)

Contents
  • Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin I: Blue Eyed Casval Blu-ray disc (73 mins approx)
  • Storage box illustrated by Yoshikazu Yashuhiko (original writer and illustrator of Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin)
  • Storyboards & Setting Art Book (296 pages)
  • Japanese booklets
  • Sleeve (O-card) illustrated by Yoshikazuk Yasuhiko
  • Trailers
  • TV Commercial
HOW CAN I PRE-ORDER THIS? WHAT’S THE DATE TO PRE-ORDER BY?
You can pre-order this right now exclusively from our AllTheAnime.com web shop HERE.

HOWEVER, please note that this is an item only available through pre-ordering.
You must have placed your order by Monday 13th April to secure your pre-order, otherwise you will have missed your chance to order this set. This item will not available to order at all through our site after 13th April.

The SRP for this wonderful set is £69.99. As this is being shipped from Japan, the cost includes shipping as well. (For those of you who may have order items from Japan before, you know this can be quite a hefty addition to any order.)

Please note: we have not set the price and are simply coordinating with Bandai in Japan to be able to make this available as easily as possible to anyone in the UK who wants to order it.

If you’ve never ordered through our shop site before, please note that money is taken immediately once the ordering process is complete.

And for those of you worried about possible UK customs charges, fear not as we are clearing the legalities to make sure that no UK orders are hit by this.

WILL THIS BE AVAILABLE IN ANY OTHER WAY?

No. The only way you’ll be able to get Mobile Suit The Origin I: Blue-Eyed Casval is by pre-order through our AllTheAnime webshop.

This will be available via VOD, however we are not handling that side of things so can’t comment on distribution plans for that. (Though we are looking into how we can possibly still provide a VOD version of this for you. More details as and when that information becomes available.)

Full Press Release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: International Sales Section

“MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN” TO BE RELEASED WORLDWIDE SIMULTNEOUSLY WITH JAPAN

Tokyo, Japan, February 4, 2015 – Bandai Visual Co., Ltd., a leader in the development and production of Japanese animation announced the simultaneous worldwide debut of “Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin”.

A highly recognized franchise worldwide with its rich 35-year history, “Gundam” continues with the latest anime OVA series “Gundam the Origin” and will be released simultaneously worldwide with Japan on Blu-ray disc and On-Demand Internet streaming. Japanese Blu-ray Disc Collector’s Edition Volume 1 will be released with impressive specs on April 24, 2015 and Internet streaming will begin on February 28, 2015. A total of 4 volumes are currently planned for production.

“Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin” Volume 1

Blu-ray Disc Collector’s Edition (Export Version)

Release Date: April 24, 2015

Audio*: Japanese, English

Subtitles*: Japanese, English, French, Korean, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan),

Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Simplified Chinese

Regions to Be Released: Worldwide including USA, Canada, UK, France, Australia,

New Zealand, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan

© SOTSU, SUNRISE

ACJ (Anime Consortium Japan Inc.), an affiliated company of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings, Inc., will begin taking orders and ship products from Japan for all countries and regions except Japan. Customers in USA, Canada, UK, France, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Korea, and Taiwan can also pre-order the product through their local distributors.

Local Distributors;

USA & Canada: RightStuf.com / UK & France: Anime Limited / Australia & New Zealand: Madman / Singapore: ODEX / Korea: Mirage Entertainment / Taiwan: Top-Insight

*This products is a Japanese original product and to be exported from Japan. English audio and multi-language subtitles are for main feature only.

In addition to Blu-ray Disc release, on-demand streaming are scheduled to start on February 28, 2015. Besides Japan, the available countries and areas are worldwide except for mainland China by ACJ and other selected distributors.

About “Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin”

Created by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, character designer and animation director for the 1979 TV hit “MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM”; “MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN” is a mega-hit manga boasting a total of 10-million copies printed. The manga is now being adapted to an anime produced by SUNRISE Inc.

For more information, visit: http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/en/

About Bandai Visual Co., Ltd.

Bandai Visual Co., Ltd., founded in August 1983, is a Japanese company that develops, produces and distributes film, TV and home entertainment media. As a pioneer of the Japanese animation scene Bandai Visual has consistently held the top-class market share in the genre and continues to lead the market. Bandai Visual has also proven its expertise in creating and delivering quality home entertainment media packaging in Japan. Using such key strategies, Bandai Visual hopes to expand and emulate its success in North American and other international markets. Bandai Visual Co., Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings.

Parasyte ep 1 and 2

A bit too dark and mature for me. I always get really spooked by these type of series. Everytime the body parts transform and heads open makes me want to barf and such.

However, the action scenes are great. That one song that keeps playing is really amazing. I need the ost.

Link Man

Banned
Nanoha A's 12

YES!!!
Welcome back, Sky Knights!

Hayate the Combat Cripple!
(Glad that joke finally makes sense.)

Fuck it, I'm crying.

Ooh, we do get an end-boss battle this time!

HER SWORD IS A FUCKING BOW!

...Kind of a one-sided battle, wasn't it? Still good.

What? D:

Joe Molotov

DENKI-GAI Episode 1 – Love & Eros For All / The Nightmare Before Carnaval

First half was amazing especially the shop folks interactions with one another and just how silly it was with the guess the manga. Though some seemed incredibly good, if only they were real.

Second half was pretty weak and kind of sleep inducing. Hope ep2 is an improvement.

Denki-gai gets better after the first episode. I almost dropped it, but I ended up enjoying the show quite a lot.

I still didn't like the shark loli, though.

duckroll

The Blood Blockade Battlefront character designs are getting better as they reveal more of the supporting cast. I'm not too hot on the main characters initially revealed, but I'm starting to dig the new ones.

http://kekkaisensen.com/character/index.html

Akio Otsuka as Blitz T Abrams:

Unsho Ishizuka as Patrick:

Mamoru Miyano as Dog Hummer:

Keiji Fujiwara as Deldro Brody:

Hikaru Midorikawa as Zed O'Brien:

Reknoc

I don't know what a Blood Blockade Battlefront is, but I'm willing to watch anything with character names like "Blitz T Abrams" or "Dog Hummer"

Inou-Battle episode 1 - 2

Strong first episode weak second one. In any case of all the chuuni series definitely the one with the best leading protagonist. Such creative writing (though if only someone went with Jet Black (perhaps Saiki Kusuo will be animated someday :( [not a flash one]))

Link Man

Banned
Nanoha A's 13

A nice, bittersweet ending that ties up all loose ends. And a preview for the next series?

So yes, I had fun with this series, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed it all the way through. Except for the last few episodes of A's, the show felt a bit dull for me. But those last few episodes were amazing.

HxH 1999

So ended up skimming through a bunch of episodes after all since Gon, Leorio and Kurapika were already established and nothing of interest happens from ep4-6.

Episode 07 does a much better job at fleshing out Leorio by providing much attention to his background story and motivation for becoming a Hunter. IIRC all that merely comes up in a conversation with Kurapika during the run in the 2011 version.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 17

Y'know I think Sekai, Shia and Gyanko would be a better main team then Sekai, Fumina and Yuuma.

Did they really need to show a 30 second recap of the Triplets fight last episode on a TV? That always bothers me, you're saying that what was shown on TV was the same as what we saw? Those cameramen must be extremely competent.

Did the triplets cheat to get the haunted house map in there or did they just get lucky? Because it seems like if they got a Space or wide open stage their tactics wouldn't work for shit. Not a really great episode but I gotta say having your gunpla turn into King Ghidorah is pretty dope tho

---------------------------

GAF, I have come to ask you the most important question:

"Survival Strategy!" or "Yuri Approved!"

Kuma Shock! of course

Was he banned because of waifu talk or bad taste?

Shouta and Aeana really hate that stuff.
The bad taste, I mean.

People play Persona for other reasons? Certainly not for the dungeon crawling!

Woah I just noticed EatChildren got demodded how did that happen? Didn't he get unbanned then immediately become a mod in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom