• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

It pours a lot of energy and a truly magnificent score that wasn't even plagiarized onto hateful characters and a very specific, truly bizarre, insufferably preachy ideological screed.

Classic Kawamori.
Basically, it's Macross where instead of discovering the ability to make giant robots everyone discovered the ability to become stark raving insane and subsequently went stark raving insane.

I mean. seriously, I'm mildly surprised there wasn't a Robot Chicken sketch where Ted Turner (as Captain Planet) ran into the scene, saw everything and became sane again.

wonzo

Banned
VOTOMS 35-37
votoms37.jpg
votoms37a.jpg
votoms37b.jpg

drug withdrawals, dumb gag bits, and heroic self sacrifice. this show really does have everything ;-;7

Baalzebup

Dog Days'' 11

Yeah, solid episode of doggies, but the "lalala" non-singing was a letdown.

Log Horizon 24

Dat Shiroe game-face at the end.

cajunator

Banned

I second this!

Nanoha Vivid PV http://a.pomf.se/qxcvxr.mp4

I overslept and missed it, had 3 alarm clocks set up but bulldozed through all of them. Moral: don't put them within reach, lol

That reminds me. I need a new alarm clock. My other one just died and the battery exploded and leaked acid on my dresser.

Just about all them shows are shit.

you just got DTL'ed
Date a Live is not shit :(

All of you talk about anime too much lol. Its very difficult to keep up with all of the posts ;_;

For a second I thought this was Valvrave... I got scarred from that show to the point of dropping it midway.

Actually, anime discussion lately has been pretty well paced. It hasnt been nearly as fast as usual, mostly because a lot of shows are wrapping up.

Is School By Rock the first anime based on a smartphone game?

Oh god, the MC's voice annoying as hell.

I KNOW you didnt just insult Cyan's voice.

Jex

Maybe it's because they're bears, maybe because the show is really just deeply flawed and will ultimately keep these shallow characterizations - I can't really say, beyond my general intuition based on past experiences that Ikuhara likes to keep his cards close to his chest on these matters. Anthy is the most complex and interesting character in Utena, with her personal liberation serving as a central arc for the show, but you wouldn't know either of those things based on the first cour of the show - in which, quite intentionally, she is treated literally and thematically as a passive object of desire for & by the other characters. So, I dunno.

You type all kinds of words but it's not like firehawk12 has watched that many episodes of Utena. I mean, that's a pretty recent series so you can't except him to be caught up yet.

Quasar

My Bride Is a Mermaid 1-4 - an older title from my backlog. Already I'm sick to death of both Nagasumi and the father in law screaming all the time. The Masa infatuation is tired already.

Maybe the annoying screaming is just this dub.

cajunator

Banned
What do you guys think about Arjuna?

A miserable pile of high entertainment.

Re-watching Outbreak Company the past couple of days. The surprise look the characters do is kinda freaky to look at.

This show makes me really happy for some reason. I dont know why I enjoy it so much.

Looks alright I guess.

DAMN that ponytail <3
Reminds me of Ui.
K-on 3 here we gooooooo

My Bride Is a Mermaid 1-4 - an older title from my backlog. Already I'm sick to death of both Nagasumi and the father in law screaming all the time. The Masa infatuation is tired already.

Maybe the annoying screaming is just this dub.

No, it's like that in Japanese too. The show has its funny moments, but be prepared for endless yelling.

Cross Ange 24

0d4fd1b541.png
5e96e75e5e.png

Literally "I fuckd ur waifu"

I'm gonna be sad when this is over. I don't think Valvrave is going to meet my trash quota after this. The Frank Reynolds-o-meter of Trashiness has been maxed out.

Also they finally explain what the Cross in Cross Ange means in the preview.
It's because Ange is always cross. No, that's it. That's why. I'm telling you this show is one big facade! It's kayfabe!

I also think the most hilarious thing about the show now is how Embryo is like, poorly photoshopped onto the mech he rides on. Like, go to 21:06 timestamp in this episode. Look at that.

Shirobako 14 & 15

This is so meta. The casting meeting is one of my favorite scenes so far. I probably wouldn't be as interested if I didn't lurk the discussion surrounding production here in AnimeGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom