• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
They could have given them full scales (idol designs :( )

CaiuqoPUcAAc1Rs.jpg:large

Oh shit I need all of those.

Clov

The really dumb thing is that these DMCA takedown notices have been happening even for shows that are not licensed by Funimation or completely unlicensed outside Japan.

That's really stupid. They're definitely overstepping their bounds here, but Funi's never been one to particularly care about fans anyway.

Concrete Revolutio 06

Sigh. I just can't leave well enough alone. Everytime I think I am done with this I read something that sounds intriguing and as if this was a show for me, but then I watch some more of it and come out feeling the same. Either way I think I'm resigned to see this through to the end now. I think. But the people comparing this to Watchmen are doing Watchmen a disservice.

As for the actual episode...still tepid. I found it weird how the band members didn't seem to care much that their buddy died.

Concrete Revolutio 10

Now the final box has been checked for what Haruhi Suzumiya wanted to see.
Plus furries!

Anyway, I wasn't too fond of Jaguar up to now but this episode made him a lot more sympathetic. Also liked how it embraced the whole paradoxical aspect of time travel and ran with it.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 10

Now the final box has been checked for what Haruhi Suzumiya wanted to see.
Plus furries!

Anyway, I wasn't too fond of Jaguar up to now but this episode made him a lot more sympathetic. Also liked how it embraced the whole paradoxical aspect of time travel and ran with it.

It was really hard to gauge Jaguar until this ep. He was just the team's smart guy until this point.

This looks potentially more attractive than I'd expect from Imaishi, but I'm not about to trust him. The image actually reminds me a bit of I Can Friday by Day for some reason.

It was really hard to gauge Jaguar until this ep. He was just the team's smart guy until this point.

Yeah. I wondered about his time stop watch, but I chalked that up to the "anything goes" setting. I'm a little surprised none of the other Bureau members seem to have probed him about it, but maybe they also chalked it up to "this guy can invent anything".

Narag

Yeah. I wondered about his time stop watch, but I chalked that up to the "anything goes" setting. I'm a little surprised none of the other Bureau members seem to have probed him about it, but maybe they also chalked it up to "this guy can invent anything".

Magotake gets close in episode 5 when he suggests Jaguar can actually see the future.

Concrete Revolutio 07

On second thought (more like fourth) naw. I could be watching Love Live.

This seems to be the episode everyone likes the best and since I still am lukewarm on it I think I'm good this time.

duckroll

This looks potentially more attractive than I'd expect from Imaishi, but I'm not about to trust him. The image actually reminds me a bit of I Can Friday by Day for some reason.

Judging from the credits, it looks like all the backgrounds are going to be CG, with Khara's digital department handling it. Maybe it'll end up looking like Cassette Girl!

Jarmel

Banned
What role does a second director even do? I'm unaware of how that staff position works, but I see Akira Amemiya listed too.

Either way, give me the fast cuts with the flamboyant action I love and I'm set.

Assistant director? Probably depends on the director but I would imagine mostly the same stuff.

Crocodile

Looks very not Imaishi. I'm worried.

c78.gif

Always remember.

RL2dt93.png

LOL. Seriously speaking, I'm hoping the show doesn't end up being as banal and "safe" as that image suggests but at the same time, Imaishi is at his best when he doesn't' go 100% crazy. I hope he's found a good mix here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom