• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Weird? Man we've seen worse days around here. Leaves fell for a reason last Fall.

Damekko Doubutsu 18

Zh4U1M1.png

Mailbox

I'm sick of my avatar being the newyears version of last seasons....

I think i'll change it soon. I'm thinking of going with Aqua... yeah.

I'm also gonna start dog & scissors up again... I think its just the kick in the teeth i need to get out of this stupid slump i've been in all week (My uni is doing their version of spring break right now... i have midterms next week )

Weird? Man we've seen worse days around here. Leaves fell for a reason last Fall.

Yeah. Thank goodness for that.

yami4ct

I miss those shows, two greats from a time when Anime Was Good.

I wish I could get the time I wasted on Code Geass back. Those hours will forever haunt me.

I even tried to rewatch it for some ungodly reason. I luckily only got like 15 episodes in before bailing.

Dresden

I don't want to believe this. :(

Even if it turns out not so good in the end, I at least have Rakugo this season! I'm going to try and be optimistic about it.

I'm just gonna stop talking about it, don't wanna spoil. Just kinda bitter since I really did like what's coming up in the anime, so that at least should be enjoyable.

If only BONES could have saved this story.

Cornbread78

Shirayuki-hime S2 ep.5
So yeah,
double kidnapping
, wtf. I still like the show, but damn, this is like the 4th & 5th time now. Zen better get over there and start beating some pirate ass.

JulianImp

Erased #6

While last week's episode wasn't all that interesting, the show remains one of the best ones this season, and among the better ones I've watched as of late. Definitely looking forward to next week's episode.

Rakugo #5

This show, on the other hand, remains atop my list of favorite shows I've seen in quite a while. It's quite unlike any other anime series I've seen, and remains a joy to watch week after week with how it handles its characters and its fairly unique setting and plot (at least as far as anime is concerned).

This is pretty much the only place I find people overly complaining about Erased having thriller elements.

Everywhere else it seems like people are fine with it which I find interesting.

Also I don't understand why Erased would be compared to Death Note. They're completely different.

ViciousDS

Banned
Baka to test episode 2

After all the planning he scored a 53 oh god.....I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone's face of feeling like they won and were taking over A. I was crying from laughing so hard.

This is pretty much the only place I find people overly complaining about Erased having thriller elements.

Well yeah. Right now its ranked as the 8th best anime on MAL. Not of the season. Of all time. That should tell you a lot about what people think of it.

Good thing I can form my own thoughts about things.

Narag

Last ep of Death Note offers a level of catharsis that kinda makes me forgive all the dumb shit prior.

Higher standards and all that.

yami4ct

Also I don't understand why Erased would be compared to Death Note. They're completely different.

The anti-thriller sentiment is weird to me as well. The show has always played as a thriller to me. It's why I liked even the past stuff. It always had this mounting sense of dread to me.

To each their own, I guess. I have some problems with the future stuff in the show right now, but they aren't ruining it for me and it's certainly not because of the thriller stuff.

JulianImp

I still genuinely think the first half of Death Note is good stuff. Then it kinda goes off the rails.

I'm inclined to agree. It was an interesting game of cat an mice seen from the bad guy's point of view, but then season 1 ends and things drag on with really boring stuff such as M and N. Gambit pileups are nice, but adding extra Ls after Light finally manages to outsmart him wasn't interesting at all. The worst part was that Light and L had a certain interesting dynamic to them that Mallo and Near could never measure up to; they both felt incredibly one-dimensional both in personality and in the way they "interacted" with Light.

I appreciated that Light finally got what was coming to him, but other than that I didn't enjoy the later episodes all that much.

The anti-thriller sentiment is weird to me as well. The show has always played as a thriller to me. It's why I liked even the past stuff. It always had this mounting sense of dread to me.

To each their own, I guess. I have some problems with the future stuff in the show right now, but they aren't ruining it for me and it's certainly not because of the thriller stuff.

Yeah, even in the past, character relationship-building was never the focus. There's more time spent on Satoru playing detective than interacting with people in ways that don't directly pertain to his investigation. It's a thriller even then.

yami4ct

I'm inclined to agree. It was an interesting game of cat an mice seen from the bad guy's point of view, but then season 1 ends and things drag on with really boring stuff such as M and N. Gambit pileups are nice, but adding extra Ls after Light finally manages to outsmart him wasn't interesting at all. The worst part was that Light and L had a certain interesting dynamic to them that Mallo and Near could never measure up to; they both felt incredibly one-dimensional both in personality and in the way they "interacted" with Light.

I appreciated that Light finally got what was coming to him, but other than that I didn't enjoy the later episodes all that much.

My problem with Death Note's first half is that it doesn't really treat Light as a shithead. It treats him as if he's some super brilliant dude who we should all be in awe of and maybe even support. L is the only interesting part at all about that series and once he's gone, nothing even comes close to replacing him.

My problem with Death Note's first half is that it doesn't really treat Light as a shithead. It treats him as if he's some super brilliant dude who we should all be in awe of and maybe even support. L is the only interesting part at all about that series and once he's gone, nothing even comes close to replacing him.

Huh? Light was always treated like a shithead, just one with power. The audience was never supposed to be on his side and the mangaka pair were surprised that there were fans that agreed with Light when he was never portrayed as in the right.

The only time he was sympathetic was the return to innocence when he temporarily gave up his memory, which was supposed to make you think how the Death Note corrupts.

So what's the chance we get a Dark Souls or Bloodborne anime.

Just seeing the MC of the story getting rekted multiple times due to insane difficulty animated would make my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom