• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why A-1 gets singled out for an issue that affects all anime studios except KyoAni. Just today, Dimension W also had an outsourced episode.

Not really against A-1, it's more like budget issue, because there can be good outsourced episode(like i remember one or some G-Reco episode outsourced to WIT).
But i guess Grimgar is a lower budget show so they can't give it to better studio to take the outsource job.

Rainy

Banned
Yamato 4

Didn't see that twist at the end, good ending. Mori and Kodai also hm...interesting to see where their relationship goes...

Link Man

Banned
It could be worse, it could be any Toei production, where it starts on QUALITY in a close-up then zooms out.

Never forget.

JoC6LlG.png

Just got back from watching this movie with the girl I've been dating for 2 months and oh my god was it hilarious. She and I both loved it, right from the opening credits I knew I was going to love the shit out of this movie and I was right.

After thinking about it, Deadpool and One Punch Man have alot of similarities and I would even go and recommend the Deadpool movie to anyone who was a fan of OPM, both are self-aware and parodies of the superhero genre and its great.

Russ T

Banned
Man, I was considering picking Grimgar back up because I want it to be great, but thinking about having to hear another shitty thing from Ranta makes me want to gag.

Man, I was considering picking Grimgar back up because I want it to be great, but thinking about having to hear another shitty thing from Ranta makes me want to gag.

?

all he did in the latest episode is the equivalent of "nannnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

He has been toned down the more the episodes go through.

Huh, Shomin Sample pretty much bombed sales wise.

A shame, I would actually like a second season of that show, provided they toned down some of the more unfortunate aspects in it.

Jarmel

Banned
?

all he did in the latest episode is the equivalent of "nannnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

He has been toned down the more the episodes go through.

I'm halfway through the episode and he's still irritating as fuck and doing stupid shit like making fun of the redhair girl for having no breasts.

I'm halfway through the episode and he's still irritating as fuck and doing stupid shit like making fun of the redhair girl for having no breasts.

I never said he wasn't the worst of the show, but maybe I'm just used to shows having a character that fulfills this role. But apparently I didn't even notice the breast comment I was too focused on someone becoming competent in the team.

Clov

Searched through ABe's twitter feed, and nope, no Despera. Not that I think he'd post about it, anyway.

I thought they had finally found a new director for that? I hope it's starting to get off the ground, though I don't know if it'll be as good as it could have been.

Ranta is that character who you both hope and expect to be killed off first. He's that uppity boisterous twit who constantly talks big, but rarely delivers.
Eh, aside from the first encounter where he Leeroy'd the lone goblin, he's at least been performing competently in fights. Less so than Moguzo, but more than the non-Priests.

Jarmel

Banned
I thought they had finally found a new director for that? I hope it's starting to get off the ground, though I don't know if it'll be as good as it could have been.

There's been nothing on that for a year. My guess is that is still in production hell or the director backed out.

cj_iwakura

They did, but there's been no news since. You'd think someone as popular as ABe would have more sites invested in finding out about the project.

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 2

I'm sure someone appreciates the irony of a snail being the train. So Riko's mistakes were going to the human world and bringing in Mirai. That was two of my guesses. The bad guys remind me of Dark Fall.The lair looks similar, and there's even a short green thing that may or may not be the Dragon. A new wand is created when a new life is brought into the magic world. I'm hesitant to apply exact words here, but would that apply to Mirai or the newly born Mofurun? Odd seeing the Cures care about property damage for once. Miracle barely took a glancing blow, yet she seemed a bit hurt. Perhaps as witches they're not as physically sturdy. Woah, that attack is amazing. Sending them to space on the first attack. And no CG either. Mirai is staying in the magic world? She... is going to return to Earth soon right? She can't exactly stay there long after all.

Your Lie in April - 3

I really wish the show wouldn't be so rampant with the way it goes from comedic to super dramatic in a split-second.

In one moment, you've got the usual anime silliness, but in a matter of seconds you've got some genuinely well-directed serious drama. It all doesn't flow all together that well, and the tone of the show kind of flies all over the place as a result.

It's disappointing, because I honestly kind of like the story that's being told here. I just really wish the execution was better. I hope the later episodes end up improving on it.

ibyea

Banned
Your Lie in April - 3

I really wish the show wouldn't be so rampant with the way it goes from comedic to super dramatic in a split-second.

In one moment, you've got the usual anime silliness, but in a matter of seconds you've got some genuinely well-directed serious drama. It all doesn't flow all together that well, and the tone of the show kind of flies all over the place as a result.

It's disappointing, because I honestly kind of like the story that's being told here. I just really wish the execution was better. I hope the later episodes end up improving on it.

Same criticisms a lot of people have. Unfortunately they don't improve on it, which is a tragedy because there is some good stuff on this show.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If people are after a good shounen then I'll again recommend Mitsudomoe, one of the best in its field.

As for A-1 hate, sure they made Sword Art Online, but everyone gets greedy once in a while. On the flipside they were also responsible for The iDOLM@STER which is one of the greats.

Anyone know if Fairy Tail season 2 anime has any filler episodes? in the manga i know i was at the ezra trio tournament fight which was a while ago and was wondering if i needed to skip any episodes.

Yamishibai S3 06

I completely forgot to watch this. Unfortunately, I remembered.

Normally I would avoid horror stuff at 1:30 in the morning, but calling Yamishibai S3 scary would be pushing it. Episode 6 manages to shatter its own tension in record time, once again combining actual horror stuff with...terrible monster designs. Lots of them. They look like youkai you would see in a kids cartoon. They aren't scary. This series fails to realize that the more mundane stuff like the masks or figures that look like bodies in the foreground are way scarier then these "monsters." I can't be the only one who thought that parts of this episode were actually horror-esque but completely deflated by the rest of it.

So stop bein' bad. Although this stings less knowing that Kagewani S2 is a thing (plz dont be bad)

Maho Girls Precure 02

Turned their enemy into diamond and kicked it out into space. Silly girls, you could have decided to just keep the diamond and sell it. Do they realize how much people would pay for a diamond that large with a monster sealed into it!?

Jintor

Galko-chan 1

This seems like something of a curry over-reaction.

Also I wonder what's lewder, this or SYD

the inherent humour of a gal-looking girl basically being a huge nerd is kind of funny? probably will wear thin real fast though

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 184:

Right, so the regular Sailor Moon formula is interrupted because I think the writing staff watched too many episodes of Friends back in the day and this episode is basically Sailor Moon: The 90s Sitcom. Probably still better then any given episode of Will and Grace. Indeed this is basically a set of wacky circumstances that get blown more and more out pf proportion and they try to I think advance the Seiya-Usagi pseudo-romance via wacky misunderstandings. Also, I guess Seiya and Hakura are sitcom arch-nemeses now because put these two in a room an hijinxes ensue. By the way, still siding with Hakura on that matter even more now considering the fashion seems to be to tease her about the acrimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom