• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

Season 1 of rwby was just bad.

Season 2 had problems, but it was a lot better than season 1

Season 3 was actually good. I can only hope it gets better from here on out.
I like it when shows start oozing despair

Deadpool

Honestly, I'd put it up there with some of the better superhero films so far. Very entertaining and didn't disappoint when it came back from the past timeline. I'm looking at you Erased.

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam IBO-19
d6aKorQ.jpg
Great episode, one of the better ones from the series so far. Last five minutes were fantastic. That special ED song is a vast improvement over the 2nd ED and made this episode feel like a midseason finale.

Mika is easily on the higher end of Gundam protagonists.

Theonik

Well at the time it certainly wasn't as refined as now but you could triangulate people's positions within a particular range.
Not with GPS. GPS does not transmit data so the GPS system has no idea where devices are in the grid but devices can determine their own position.

Sterok

Since Koukaku no Pandora has piqued my interest, are there any good anime that deal with robots/cyborgs and their impact on society? I've already seen Time of Eve, which was good.

Tetsuo9

Shirobako END

Just wanted to thank anime gaf for recommending this one, I was tearing up when
Myamori cried watching Shizuka perform, and how her friends also worked hard supporting her scene

I will rewatch this one with my gf later.

Mailbox

Since Koukaku no Pandora has piqued my interest, are there any good anime that deal with robots/cyborgs and their impact on society? I've already seen Time of Eve, which was good.

HAL maybe? Idk how others thought of it but I thought it was a nice short movie.

Chobits too, but considering your looking for something more like time of eve (i'm guessing), it may not be the best fit.

Jarmel

Banned
Not with GPS. GPS does not transmit data so the GPS system has no idea where devices are in the grid but devices can determine their own position.

Well it does utilize GPS system, in addition to the pinging. And are we going to get into the differences between GPS and AGPS?

Taruranto

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...fans-pick-their-ideal-marriage-partner/.98629
Female:
1. Kosaki Onodera (Nisekoi)
2. Ui Hirasawa (K-ON!)
3. Asuna (Sword Art Online)
4. Tsubasa Hanekawa (Monogatari Series)
5. Yukino Yukinoshita (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
6. Hinata Hyūga (Naruto)
7. Yukina Himeragi (Strike the Blood)
8. Eru Chitanda (Hyōka)
9. Nagisa Furukawa (CLANNAD)
10. Haruka Minami (Minami-ke)

Male:
1. Kōshi Sugawara (Haikyu!!)
2. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
3. Makoto Tachibana (Free!)
4. Sōta Takanashi (Wagnaria!!)
5. Shirō Emiya (Fate/stay night)
6. Reiji Kotobuki (UtanoPrincesama Revolutions)
7. Tōshirō Hijikata (Gintama)
8. Seijūrō Akashi (Kuroko's Basketball)
9. Hozuki (Hozuki's Coolheadedness)
10. Miyuki Kazuya (Ace of Diamond)

Discuss.

club Rainbow Episode 5
CbNwKZOXEAAgw2G.png

Eguchi and Uchiyama time finally (sorry no Matsuouka-kun love). I kind of wish they did more than just play games but it was still fun. Eguchi proving just how awesome he is though made it a really lovable episode.

Ah yes Gintoki, a guy renowned for lazing around all day picking his nose. Perfect husband material.

And Hijikata drinks mayonnaise and Katsura hangs out with an old man in a duck costume and Takasugi is a one eyed psycopath and Okita is a deranged sadist.

But they are also pretty samurai boys which makes it all ok.

Rainbow Days Episode 5 & 6

College student tennis match was the best thing, but sadistic Keiichan, nooooo. Thats bad when high schoolers beat up college kids.

6 was silly because the relationship, the girl makes it always so awkard and emotional for Hashiba :(

Cornbread78

Utawarerumono ep.19
You can't stop a loce bird. This episode was a big setup episode for next week's battle. It's kinda ironic that
Haku has to create the battle plan
to win to war against all odds. Next week should be interesting.

Ojamajo Doremi 43:

This is a great episode from a show that already has had plenty of great episodes. Reika has been one of the highlights of the show for 20+ episodes now, but I think it was really essential to give an episode fleshing her character out more in a really emotional way, rather than just using her as a foil for the other characters. The result is pretty stunning, with Reika getting some great emotional development, and even being able to show a really different and noble side of her personality when she helps to take care of Shiori after she's falling ill, even temporarily forgetting her own distress. The ending to the episode is pretty much perfect, resolving things in a sensible and touching manner. The writing in Ojamajo Doremi is always on point, and a result all of the characters get very well fleshed out. I would posit that there are relatively few shows in which even most of the main cast get as much development as some of the secondary and tertiary characters in Ojamajo Doremi.

Majin Bone 8

Seriously, if you want a line of spoken English in your anime episode, can't you just pull some native English ex-pat off the street and pay him a little to say it? I know most Japanese people don't care, but it's really annoying to hear Japanese voice actors stumble through English dialogue in inappropriately thick accents. Makes me appreciate Penguindrum more.

Majin Bone 8

Seriously, if you want a line of spoken English in your anime episode, can't you just pull some native English ex-pat off the street and pay him a little to say it? I know most Japanese people don't care, but it's really annoying to hear Japanese voice actors stumble through English dialogue in inappropriately thick accents. Makes me appreciate Penguindrum more.

Isn't that expecting a bit much of Toei?

Reminds me when the ones who did Free! ES anime had got those Australian Voice Actors to do those english lines there.

club Rainbow Episode 6
CbN2NS5W8AAEbc9.png
CbN2NWRW4AAts08.png

Eguchi and Uchiyama go on a day trip to Hokkaido. I could watch them all day and they seem so close and friendly. It was so fun. Eguchi's laugh is really memorable, he always looks so happy.

The trying the shio daifuku(?) with milk or tea was their best moment.

Theonik

Well it does utilize GPS system, in addition to the pinging. And are we going to get into the differences between GPS and AGPS?
I don't think we are talking about the same things. The GPS system is based exclusively on satelites transmiting time information, a-GPS is a different kettle of fish but that too should not be able to transmit location, it is possible for a mobile carrier to track an active device in their grid though.

Gundam IBO 19

Eugene was so baddass ahaha. And I feel like
Ein didn't die, this is only gonna fuel his hatred for the kids.

The last scene was #sogood.

Ojisan to Marshmallow 6

Cross dressing brother? In this show, I guess it's a thing.

SEKKO Boys 6
Hermes-san finally had an episode, and behind the good guy facade he's a hilarious scumbag
snake oil salesman

Itoshi No Muco 19

Fantastic episode as always. And informative if someone out there still didn't realize dogs can't have chocolate. We had tsundere Ushicou san, which of course is best Ushico san. Seriously he's the best part of the show, including his dancing to latino music hahaha.

Checking the IRL Muco Twitter we have
Triggered. My dog has destroyed so many toys. Can't even consider buying him stuffed toys anymore.

[Mujin Wakusei Survive] - 16~20
hAdeZIr.jpg

A tasmanian devil, they really are on Australia?!
The Howard death watch continues. He was a scumbag to Shingo on 16. Tried to teach Adam how to steal fruits, and in a fit of jealousy, gave Menori's violin to Adam and tried to pass it as an accident at first. The only good thing about him for now is his VA.
There was a nice episode for Chako and Sharla. With the backstory of how Chako met Luna and developed the relationship between them.
It was funny watching Luna teaching Adam that fire is hot. And strange how he grew attached to Menori.
But now the "Winter is Coming"(actually the name of the next episode).

Cornbread78

I don't understand why people like Onodera so much.

She's really boring to be honest.

She cooks, she cleans, she's smart, has a great attitude and carries the "girl next door" kinda cuteness. Perfect wifey material.

Dimension W ep.6
So we have a new antagonist to hate now, yay. If Kyoma keeps being too nice to all these kids, more than his sis is going to take notice. Well, if nothing else, the seeds of goodwill have been planted with the dark prince. Hopefully, it pays off later.

Ah yes Gintoki, a guy renowned for lazing around all day picking his nose, gambling and getting drunk. Perfect husband material.

I love Gintama, and Gintoki is a great character, but yeah I find it fucking hilarious how he remains consistently popular on these polls despite the fact that he'd make a terrible life partner. I mean, I guess maybe he could be a decent stay at home dad if his wife had a good job

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think we are talking about the same things. The GPS system is based exclusively on satelites transmiting time information, a-GPS is a different kettle of fish but that too should not be able to transmit location, it is possible for a mobile carrier to track an active device in their grid though.

Well most phones are equipped with AGPS rather than GPS, nobody really bothers with the distinction. Now I'm not sure if the E-911 ping system used GPS prior to smartphones or AGPS, as people just state it used GPS to gather the location and then transmit the data via SMS. They probably used AGPS and people use the GPS term so as to not confuse everybody.

dan2026

Now I remember why I still havent made it through Steins Gate.
Every time Faris is onscreen for more than a minute my head starts to hurt.

Fuck shes annoying.

Sterok

HAL maybe? Idk how others thought of it but I thought it was a nice short movie.

Chobits too, but considering your looking for something more like time of eve (i'm guessing), it may not be the best fit.

HAL looks interesting. I'll put it on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom