• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Digimon Savers 01
Well that was probably my least favourite first episode of any Digimon series. Masaru is a pretty annoying protagonist and Agumon was fairly annoying too. Hope it gets better, really in the mood to watch more Digimon.

It's so good! Buy it and support more Digimon! Considering how much it has been selling out it might take a bit longer to drop it price.

I just finished 3 Kiseki games back-to-back-to-back, Am only 40 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles X, and only halfway done with Fire Emblem: Fates. I work full-time.

My backlog just keeps growing too ;_;

I'll be there sooner or later though.

Kansoku

I just want to say that Mahjong is actually really fun, and that it's very hard to ignore the urge to just shout RON out loud, especially when its the asshole that keeps RONing you. Only seen Saki so far (which is great, no pantsu aside), but really want to watch Kaiji.

duckroll

God Eater - Episode 6

Super duper disappointed with the predictable and underwhelming direction they took the story. As I expected, it seems the previous episode's intense and horrific assault on Lenka amounted to jack shit. Even after getting stabbed all over, crushed a few times, bleeding out, and having his weapon completely destroyed, he's still able to not only move around pretty well, but being the heroic DUDE he has to save and protect the girl who didn't even get injured all that much. Embarrassing male power fantasy garbage. And of course despite being a strong independent fighter on the outside, the kickass girl character has to be suffering from childhood PTSD which conveniently triggers at a moment where she could actually be the one protecting the guy. Nope, can't have that, the shounenbros might have their feelings hurt!

Disgusting garbage show. Will keep watching to see how much more Hirao and Ufotable can embarrass themselves.

pbayne

Your Lie in April dub is available on Netflix. Dubs a bit meh.

Also checked the trailer for the Yu-gi-oh movie next month. Can't believe how excited I am for it.

VulpX

God Eater - Episode 6

Super duper disappointed with the predictable and underwhelming direction they took the story. As I expected, it seems the previous episode's intense and horrific assault on Lenka amounted to jack shit. Even after getting stabbed all over, crushed a few times, bleeding out, and having his weapon completely destroyed, he's still able to not only move around pretty well, but being the heroic DUDE he has to save and protect the girl who didn't even get injured all that much. Embarrassing male power fantasy garbage. And of course despite being a strong independent fighter on the outside, the kickass girl character has to be suffering from childhood PTSD which conveniently triggers at a moment where she could actually be the one protecting the guy. Nope, can't have that, the shounenbros might have their feelings hurt!

Disgusting garbage show. Will keep watching to see how much more Hirao and Ufotable can embarrass themselves.
I never understood hate watching.

Also thought the show was fine, looking forward to the final episodes in a couple of weeks.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

What was the creator on?XD

Gundam drug (lol)

Osomatsu-san 21

I watch full episode of mahjongmatsu-san. Anyway, i think mahjong anime/manga is great when there's a lot of asshole or cheater involved, and since the matsuno sibling are fuckboi, this episode really entertain me. Them mahjong title, lmao

God Eater - Episode 6

Utsugi Lenka standing strong and rising tall after facing the worst defeats ever isnt something to feel bad about but something to feel glad about. It was one of his best moments and how better to show it than by protecting the defeated and hurt Alisa. I was very proud of him.

zulux21

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=2

Alright guys, are there any good ships I'm missing here? Steins Gate was awesome since it was not that team age agnsty crap, but drama in general is OK.

you should watch skip beat since you liked nodame and ore monogatari. But I am also currently trying to make skip beat relevant whenever I can because it's about to have an indiegogo project I want to see funded go live so more people should watch it, fall in love with it because it's a great shojo show, and then back it :p

will note the skip beat indiegogo page should go live a little under 6 hours from when I posted this.

also... I should talk to you more as our tastes are more compatible than I am with a number of other people on here lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just remembered. It's March! That means it's time for our annual Doujin Manga March Avatar Month!...

...No you're right. Some things are best laid to rest.

Puruzi

Banned
I wanna use doujin avatars but last time I had an ahegao face it got removed

I don't wanna try again and get my avatar changed to some white box that says it was nsfw or something

Narag

I just remembered. It's March! That means it's time for our annual Doujin Manga March Avatar Month!...

The proud tradition of Dog Girl December will continue every other year as planned.

sonicmj1

God Eater - Episode 6

Even if the PTSD plot point was a necessity (probably part of some game backstory), there are ways they could have handled that last part against scrub-tier monsters without requiring her to just curl up in a fetal position. It's kind of frustrating. At least they managed to establish it decently beforehand so it wasn't entirely out of nowhere.

Honestly, I've stopped expecting things from the plot. The art and direction are what's keeping me going, and those are still strong and stylish. I like how the episode demonstrated some of Lenka's experience surviving on the outside during the insert song montage. I feel like ufotable actually respects my time and intelligence with their storytelling here, which is more than I could say for UBW.

I wanna use doujin avatars but last time I had an ahegao face it got removed

I don't wanna try again and get my avatar changed to some white box that says it was nsfw or something
I've seen others with doujin avatars. The smart ones don't use the ahegao faces though.

don't tempt me now.

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMzdyYRPrk
Well? well, that's that.
What no scene of one of the girls on top of him with their boobs in his face?

phaze

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=2

Alright guys, are there any good ships I'm missing here? Steins Gate was awesome since it was not that team age agnsty crap, but drama in general is OK.

Kemonozume.

00w1scx.png

Is that the one with Dan Brown and other weird peeps ? PV's are a bunch of lies and all that but his looks surprisingly nice.

Musaigen no Phantom World 08

You guys lied to me, this was tame.

8Vte7B9.gif

I'm in.

Looks better than I was expecting.

HeroAca looks like the weak link from Bones next season.

Not that excited to watch it either now that I think about it... I read the manga a fair bit, and I feel like they are going to stop right where I left off. I don't feel like the material is good enough for me to waste 20 mins rewatching the same stuff again. Stuff like Bungo, things that I haven't seen before interest me more.

4月より放送開始のTVアニメ「文豪ストレイドッグス」の放送情報が決定いたしました!
4月6日(水)25時05分TOKYO MXほかにて放送開始になります。
また、10月から第13話以降も開始いたします!

Also looks like it will be split cour.

4月より放送開始のTVアニメ「文豪ストレイドッグス」の放送情報が決定いたしました!
4月6日(水)25時05分TOKYO MXほかにて放送開始になります。
また、10月から第13話以降も開始いたします!

Also looks like it will be split cour.

If it turns out to be good this is great. I like this format since it both gives more time for the team to work on the show, and it gives me a few months to rest and not grow tired of watching the same thing. I used to hate split-cours, but now I'm totally okay with them.

Cornbread78

Damn, that is no good. Maeda is my boy.

You're still watching Planetes? Finish it off first.

Yeah, I watched another three episodes last night. It's interesting stuff, but so far the story has been so scattered and random. Does it get a more cohesive story moving forward?

you should watch skip beat since you liked nodame and ore monogatari. But I am also currently trying to make skip beat relevant whenever I can because it's about to have an indiegogo project I want to see funded go live so more people should watch it, fall in love with it because it's a great shojo show, and then back it :p
will note the skip beat indiegogo page should go live a little under 6 hours from when I posted this.

also... I should talk to you more as our tastes are more compatible than I am with a number of other people on here lol.

Very nice, I think I've passed over that one a bunch of times because the story sounded blah, but maybe I'll check it out.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4722/Skip_Beat?q=skip beat

Watch Oreimo ;P

Hey, I did watch most of season 1, I just don't think it would be worth to continue forward.

funny, lol.

Jintor

Yeah, I watched another three episodes last night. It's interesting stuff, but so far the story has been so scattered and random. Does it get a more cohesive story moving forward?

yeah, but it absolutely starts as a slice of life for like 10 episodes or so. I think. Been years since I watched it.

One of my absolute favourite anime though. Actually now that I understand orbital mechanics better maybe I should rewatch it...

zulux21

Very nice, I think I've passed over that one a bunch of times because the story sounded blah, but maybe I'll check it out.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4722/Skip_Beat?q=skip beat

the story doesn't sound great on paper, but the characters and writing are great. The only sad thing is that the series ends in the middle of an arc (about the only time you could stop in the middle of the arc, but still in the middle)

just make sure to at least make it to the end, most of the first episode is pretty generic, but that is on purpose for the payout at the end :p

after that it's a solid comedy with a good amount of character growth.

blurr

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 08

This episode had really good conversations on Rakugo. The first half of the episode made their positions in the Rakugo world clear. Each of them have found their own style and have been successful commercially. Moreover, they pointed towards a chance of them to be at a higher official position in the field. The second half was where the interesting conversations happened. Sukeroku at least had a good perspective of Rakugo in the entertainment industry and his ideas for making sure it survives and even progresses as a whole were really interesting to hear.

I really felt Sukeroku's thoughts on Rakugo and its future could potentially apply to art of any media. For instance, certain genre/style of a media might not bode well with new audiences but they could be warmed into liking/appreciating them by other genre/style that is specifically meant for them, others may not appreciate it but most cases, they don't look at the bigger picture. This is something I've observed with myself as well (it's unfortunate that sometimes 'bad' fan bases and elitists tend to make certain shows/media unapproachable for new comers).

pbayne

Yeah the second half is a lot more focused. Are you watching it subbed or dubbed? The dub is fantastic.

Cornbread78

yeah, but it absolutely starts as a slice of life for like 10 episodes or so. I think. Been years since I watched it.
One of my absolute favourite anime though. Actually now that I understand orbital mechanics better maybe I should rewatch it...

Yeah the second half is a lot more focused. Are you watching it subbed or dubbed? The dub is fantastic.

Sounds good. I just got to the part when he meets his
sensei again for the first time in a couple years and Tanabe finds out Sensei has terminal cancer
Maybe this is the launching point into a more focused story...

Watching subbed, like usual. Most dubs I've found to be done by the same VA and their voices just don't match the characters well...

the story doesn't sound great on paper, but the characters and writing are great. The only sad thing is that the series ends in the middle of an arc (about the only time you could stop in the middle of the arc, but still in the middle)
just make sure to at least make it to the end, most of the first episode is pretty generic, but that is on purpose for the payout at the end :p
after that it's a solid comedy with a good amount of character growth.

I'll have to add it to my list and check it out.

Do it for Kuroneko.

Speaking of:
cnwt1Y5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom