• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun X Sword is top tier just for the fucking last confrontation.

The whole time they're trying to convince him to forego his revenge and move on with his life and you think maybe he'll do it then he fucking cuts that dude in half mid sentence.

I really liked that show.

Cornbread78

Pandora in a Crimson Shell ep.1
SYhToyn.png

cute design at least.

Ok, what was that? There are so many things wrong with that and I feel dirty for having watched it. Like WTF anime, WTF...
I was able to laugh that part off uncomfortably since they made it more comedic, but it's still not right. Add maybe 10 years to the characters to make it truly funny...
However, the story seems pretty interesting and I will probably watch it again because it's an interesting premise and I like the sci-fi aspect of it, but that lewdness... Let's see where they take this one, hopefully that stuff dies down.

Some other images:

G5sc4hX.gif

LPD6UkT.gif

Sekko Boys Episode 1

Medici is the only decent one but I don't like that personality. Episode could have been better.

Chuckled once. I prefer other idols, these statues arent appealing and theyre too old.

JCG

I think it's really a matter of personal taste. Gun x Sword just never clicked for me even though I could see what it's going for. Same here, I can appreciate the intent, but it just doesn't keep my interest.

Yeah, I can totally see that. With a few exceptions, this seems to be the common reaction around here. Not blaming anyone for not being interested in either show.

Gun X Sword is top tier just for the fucking last confrontation.

The whole time they're trying to convince him to forego his revenge and move on with his life and you think maybe he'll do it then he fucking cuts that dude in half mid sentence.

I really liked that show.

Pretty much. There's a lot of enjoyable content in the series but that was great.

I did drop GXS after watching the first two episodes and only came back several years later. Which is funny, since ep. 3 is often considered the most memorable in the series (¡ADIOS, AMIGO!).

Dagashi Kashi, or is it DagashiKashi, or is it Daga Shikashi 01

Yep, seems like my worries about this not being a shorter series were unfounded as it works pretty good and the animated nature adds a lot to it. Going to be fun following this one.

Wait that's what Galko is about? I had no idea what she actually was. All my knowledge came from doujins.

I might watch that. Sounds fun. I dunno why I don't watch short shows. Only one I've seen was that Hero parody one with the giraffe gag.

Galko 01

Man, is this what girls really talk about? Lucky-Star lied to me!

Character design and Artstyle is on point in this short, which is basically a less weeb way to say that Galko and Otoko are top tier, why did she have a ballon with her though?

Dio

Banned
Galko 01

Man, is this what girls really talk about? Lucky-Star lied to me!

Character design and Artstyle is on point in this short, which is basically a less weeb way to say that Galko and Otoko are top tier, why did she have a ballon with her though?

Also, Otoko blew it up in one breath.

Koukaku no Pandora - 01

Oh this seems like a relaxing cute show with new friendships, grumpy catgirl cyborg and plenty of simple goofy expressions!

10 min in:

???? terrorists, catgirl fights robots, pantsu, fingers in i f port, guns, magical girl transformation ????
Might be fun.

e_i

Koukaku no Pandora - 01

Oh this seems like a relaxing cute show with new friendships, grumpy catgirl cyborg and plenty of simple goofy expressions!

10 min in:

???? terrorists, catgirl fights robots, pantsu, fingers in i f port, guns, magical girl transformation ????
Might be fun.

The leads remind me a lot of Cocoa and Chino.

Cornbread78

Koukaku no Pandora - 01

10 min in:

Might be fun.

That fingers in the F port thing is disturbing. I mean, they made it work in Chobits, but these are little girls here, c'mon, it's not right, especially the extra visuals they added to it.

Sekkou-boys 01

Suprisingly dynamic for a show about statues, I guess that's the point though.

After this episode I'm pretty confident that they'll be able to get some good jokes out of this concept, looking forward to more.

Mars is the man.

------

The Ultra Super Anime block is living up to it's name with all these neat shorts that they've churned out over the past few seasons. Makes me even more hype for the Imaishi one coming up later this year.

Phatmac

Glad to have our favorite propaganda-filled show back. Lots of stuff was going on which was a bit hard to remember what exactly happened last time. The rape scene was a bit shocking honestly but effective in showing a new enemy. God damn was that ED a straight up ad to join the JSDF lmao.

Ascheroth

Sekko Boys - 01

Amazing. And St. Giorgio is obviously the best.

Heavy Object - 01

Not much to say here other then it's still the usual. With killer ants this time. Fighting plane guy will totally die though.

Divine Gate - 01

Meh. I like the shading and the music, but I found it really hard to pay attention during the majority of it. I was writing this post during the latter half of it, actually.

Line_HTX

Oh, so that's what I was forgetting. Teach me, Gyaruko-chan.

Is she even a Gyaruko or something? lol

Wait that's what Galko is about? I had no idea what she actually was. All my knowledge came from doujins.

I might watch that. Sounds fun. I dunno why I don't watch short shows. Only one I've seen was that Hero parody one with the giraffe gag.

I see what you did there.

OH! GATE is out finally!

phaze

Staff for anime adaptation of soccer manga DAYS:

Director: Konosuke Uda (Ginga e Kickoff, Majin Bone)
Character Designer: Kazuto Nakazawa (Terror in Resonance, House of Five Leaves)
Music: Yoshihiro Ike (Kuroko's Basketball, Rage of Bahamut Genesis)
Animation Production: MAPPA

Definitely watching.

I hope they main characters of this do realise that the ball is their friend.
god can't trigger just make a Hackadoll anime tv series and stop making trash?

Dagashi Kashi 1

Country based slice of life with a candy theme for the dense main character who is appropriately named coconut and a love triangle where it's already obvious that best girl is going to lose
I knew you were one of the good guys.

Sekkou Boys
Everytime I think anime can't possibly go any dumber, it proves me wrong. Sasuga.

Towa no Quon 06 END
Not sure what I just watched, but I think it hurts.

Phatmac

Pretty comfy SoL with lots of candy and sweets. The pacing was a bit odd honestly as it felt longer than it was. Fuck all that though as I've found the best girl of this season.
Saya is good too.

Cornbread78

Divine Gate ep.1
Not sure how I feel about this one yet, but it could be interesting... We'll see how this Divine Gate works in relation to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom