• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE ELEVEN: The Girl of Morning Dew

It's Yui time! U. I. Get it? Also Asuna beats on some scrubs and Yui has a mental breakdown.

sudden_realization_christopher_lloyd.gif

Mailbox

You mean Hulu, theyve had two seasons with hulu exclusive series, this season with norn9, last season with Failure Senpai's Chivalry.

No hulu here in Canada :S

But The anime network has lots of sentai shows that other places don't, surprisingly enough.

Unfortunately, they also added in the same rule that Crunchyroll did in that only 1 episode is free to guests through the backlog (and simulcasts) (They did this before Crunchyroll, though).

Not subbing to a 3rd place...

Wanderer5

Has it been said where Ace Attorney and Kabaneri are going to be overseas wise? I know Kiznaiver is going to be on Crunchyroll, so it be nice if at least one of those two shows are going to be there too.

Jintor

Planetes ep.20-22
Hachi pisses me off with him pure selfishness. I realize that at its heart, it's about a man going after his dreams, but is it really? He is being a complete dick and won't even be honest with himself. It was a pretty emotional scene back at the hospital though. . Only a few episodes left now..

that's always been the central conflict of go for your dream stories

well, one of them anyway

Mailbox

Has it been said where Ace Attorney and Kabaneri are going to be overseas wise? I know Kiznaiver is going to be on Crunchyroll, so it be nice if at least one of those two shows are going to be there too.

I think Kabaneri is going to Amazon, no idea about Ace Attorney

Edit: Screw it, Avatar change for the new season. Couldn't wait :p

Wanderer5

I think Kabaneri is going to Amazon, no idea about Ace Attorney

Edit: Screw it, Avatar change for the new season. Couldn't wait :p

Yeah looks Amazon is going to have Kabaneri for prime members which hey I am one till the end of summer least, so I good there then. They plan to steam Noitamina shows.

Quasar

Yeah looks Amazon is going to have Kabaneri for prime members which hey I am one till the end of summer least, so I good there then. They plan to steam Noitamina shows.

Still super curious about the Noitamina future given how few countries Amazon Prime streaming exists in. My existing sub ends in september so I'll see Kabaneri at least I guess. Not sure I want to and can renew given some apparent issues with my Australian based credit card lately.

ur favourite anime is

not great in my opinion

well your opinion is clearly wrong because jojo's bizarre adventure is god-like and i highly doubt there will ever be another manga/anime to top this god like series.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Ep.1
It's sweet. Shizuku is cute. Atmosphere is all mellow. I like it.

good show, don't expect a true ending tho, i doubt it'll ever get a season 2 at this point. for what its worth, if you really enjoy it and want more its based on a manga thats been completed.

Cornbread78

Elfen Lied ep.4
Did Nyu really just tear that other Dio apart limb from limb; starting with the finger slice..... My goodness, that is some nightmare fuel right there, damn. I understand his cousin wants his D and is jealous of the psycho, which is normal anime, however, please tell me they aren't going to let that little homeless girl that moved in get tortured because she is homeless! There are death flags all over the place for her. I can see the new antagonist grabbing her for experiments or Nyu decapitation her like the assistant in the first episode. .. This is some fucked up shit...

Mailbox

Elfen Lied ep.4
Did Nyu really just tear that other Dio apart limb from limb; starting with the finger slice..... My goodness, that is some nightmare fuel right there, damn. I understand his cousin wants his D and is jealous of the psycho, which is normal anime, however, please tell me they aren't going to let that little homeless girl that moved in get tortured because she is homeless! There are death flags all over the place for her. I can see the new antagonist grabbing her for experiments or Nyu decapitation her like the assistant in the first episode. .. This is some fucked up shit...

Want me to spoil it for you?

She ends up fine, don't worry

Mailbox

After the disaster that was KLK, I know to properly set expectations for Trigger's output.

It might have been under expectations, but let's not get hyperbolic.

Idk what to think of Triggers new show... I mean, I hope it's good, but the premise sounds very serious, but also one that could fall into a lot of common trappings.

I hope it ends up well, but I expect it to only be good at best

yami4ct

It might have been under expectations, but let's not get hyperbolic.

Idk what to think of Triggers new show... I mean, I hope it's good, but the premise sounds very serious, but also one that could fall into a lot of common trappings.

I hope it ends up well, but I expect it to only be good at best

I think KLK is a bad show. I'm not being hyperbolic.

Wanderer5

The early screenings of the first 2 episodes of Kiznaiver seem to have gained positive reactions, so I am looking forward for now, and more so than Kabaneri and Ace Attorney heh.

And Kill la Kill rocks despite the story later on going off the rails, in a kind of bad way lol. Still is quite a charming and memorable show through.

Cornbread78

Gonna be a pretty cutthroat season for me. Lots to watch, lots to drop.

I think this season more than any seasonsI went through last year since there are just sooo many shows to try out. I really only ended up dropping Active Raid, Divine Gate and Rakugo (I'll go back later for this one) Everything else en free d up fine.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think my favorite part of switching primarily to dubs/whatever the hell ends up on streaming services is I never have to go through the daunting task of watching 20 new seasonal shows to figure out what is good from the dross.

Quasar

Gonna be a pretty cutthroat season for me. Lots to watch, lots to drop.

For me I think it seems like a season where I struggle to find much to watch.

Theres...

Bakuon
Flying Witch
Kuma Miko
Sakamoto
Kabaneri (though that's mostly due to exclusivity and I feel like should actually use my amazon streaming sometime)

That might be it. Though I'll try ep1 of almost anything (that isn't a sequel) that turns up on CR and animelab.

Can't wait for Hero Academia. I haven't read what else is coming for spring though. Hopefully some good ones, winter was kind of dry.
Edit: the sinbad spin off is going to stream?

yami4ct

My Spring Plan so far:

JoJo
My Hero Academia
Ace Attorney
Concrete Revolutio
Ushio and Tora

I'll add and subtract as needed.

Quasar

Kind of curious about the lack of announcements given shows start in less than 12 hours. Does that mean lots of gaps or delayed shows this season?

Wanderer5

Just be Kiznaiver, Kabaneri, and Ace Attorney for now, but maybe I give another show a look. I am kind of worry of how Kabaneri and AA will turn out in particular. I probably would have been excited for Kabaneri more if it wasn't for Guilty Crown lol.

Kind of curious about the lack of announcements given shows start in less than 12 hours. Does that mean lots of gaps or delayed shows this season?

In terms of overseas?

Line_HTX

Cool, no word on who is streaming sinbad tho. As long as its crunchy roll or funimation then it's all good.
I guess I should start watching concrete and asterisk since they're getting a second season.

Start with Concrete. Asterisk just seems like some pile of poo.

duckroll

Gundam AGE - Episode 1-49 (End)

Watched all 49 episodes in a single sitting without eating, drinking, or pooping. I felt a divine calling and just did it, and I'm glad I did. I was clearly too immature and ignorant when this was first released to understand the depth of Hino's genius. I laughed, I cried, and I was deeply moved by the uplifting, satisfying, and ultimately tragic story of three generations of Gundam pilots in this diverse and fascinating setting. The character designs were great and showed true artistic flair, and it has some of the smartest Mobile Suit designs in any Gundam series so far. I take back all the bad things I have ever said about Level5, and to make up for it, I have pre-ordered 50 copies of Yokai Watch 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom