• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

I guess one criticism that can be levied against it in that context is that it lacks a clear focus in what kind of story it's trying to say. But then again this was an establishing episode. I am sure this will change very quickly in the episodes that are to follow as the show shifts from trying to establish the world and tries to establish a narrative. (or not, it's not like there is a written law somewhere that dictates that all shows need to have an overarching story arc, then again, I would say the bird looking for the bride is probably going to be it and the implication was there)

stryke

Well, that's not what it means.

I'm well aware that's not what it exactly means. Here's a better wording for it modified from wiki - describes the use of mundane realism depicting everyday experiences. So personally (!!important!!!), this doesn't include supernatural stuff.

Denpa Onna 1-3

Got the NISA complete collection of this last night. Once again, some excellent (and rather large!) packaging that includes a story guide book that I just took a brief glance at. This is my first BD set from NISA, and I'd say they did a great job with this.

As for the show, it is VERY Shaft. But I definitely like it that way. It'll be interesting to see how Makoto and Erio's relationship develops, and perhaps getting more insight on Meme and Erio's backstory and relationship. Not really a whole lot else to say just yet.

Tamako Market 1

A lot of setup in this first episode, but I still greatly enjoyed it. Naturally, I love the art style and character design, especially Tamako herself. Looking forward to the rest of the series :).

Tamako Market 1

tamako1.jpg

Does no one else care that this is NOT how a chicken's nose works???

stryke

Uuuuh dude. Something like Nichijou is also slice of life.

Learn2slice bro.

Sigh...thanks for reminding me another anime that's on my backlog.

I have shrewd idea of what it is but as a show how does it contradict my understanding (or to many here "misunderstanding") of what slice of life is?

wonzo

Banned
Mahou Onna ga Kuru!!

"Sakazaki Riko, age 31 and also known as Magic Girl Collie, is lonely. Ever since she was a child, she used her magical powers of being able to turn into an adult to help people and solve cases. It has been decades since she started and Riko is now 31 years old and single. The one magic power she had is now useless as she's already a grown up. Find out what happens to a witch after her prime who goes off to search for someone special."

sounds perfect, shame hardly any of it's been translated

Taruranto

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East #1

Well, it was watchable... i guess? Though it's a 13 episodes series of an ongoing manga by DEEN, i don't have much hope... well, it's not like i have better things to watch this season anyway.

Jintor

Instead of catching up on my immense backlog I am watching Persona 4 The Animation again and oh god Episode 18 the Nanako/Dojima S.link episodes I am bawling my eyes out

not sure if it's because it's 3am and i've been awake for around 23 hours I guess

cajunator

Banned
Denpa Onna 1-3

Got the NISA complete collection of this last night. Once again, some excellent (and rather large!) packaging that includes a story guide book that I just took a brief glance at. This is my first BD set from NISA, and I'd say they did a great job with this.

As for the show, it is VERY Shaft. But I definitely like it that way. It'll be interesting to see how Makoto and Erio's relationship develops, and perhaps getting more insight on Meme and Erio's backstory and relationship. Not really a whole lot else to say just yet.

Tamako Market 1

A lot of setup in this first episode, but I still greatly enjoyed it. Naturally, I love the art style and character design, especially Tamako herself. Looking forward to the rest of the series :).

Nice you got the set too. UNfortunately as I said earlier I couldnt get the package this morning. It has calmed down a bit but I was also fighting something worse this morning. a nasty little trojan virus on my computer. Also had to take my computer apart because the inside cpu and fan were indeed caked with dust. runs a lot better.
Now I can FINALLY watch Tamako Market ;_;

Theonik

What is this? I googled it and I'm sure I'm in a watchlist somewhere? Is this the pedo-bait animeGAF watches? Too much colour too, not gritty enough!
I was kidding.

sounds like a job for "Magic (Old) Girl Fairytale Kururu"
That is how shounen protagonists must feel.

Ano Natsu de Matteru almost fits this.

Oku-sama wa Mahou Shoujo, perhaps?

PS: may or may not involve realism
PPS: may or may not be mature

Mahou Onna ga Kuru!!
"Sakazaki Riko, age 31 and also known as Magic Girl Collie, is lonely. Ever since she was a child, she used her magical powers of being able to turn into an adult to help people and solve cases. It has been decades since she started and Riko is now 31 years old and single. The one magic power she had is now useless as she's already a grown up. Find out what happens to a witch after her prime who goes off to search for someone special."
sounds perfect, shame hardly any of it's been translated
Will have to keep those in mind thanks!

Nice you got the set too. UNfortunately as I said earlier I couldnt get the package this morning. It has calmed down a bit but I was also fighting something worse this morning. a nasty little trojan virus on my computer. Also had to take my computer apart because the inside cpu and fan were indeed caked with dust. runs a lot better.
Now I can FINALLY watch Tamako Market ;_;

Just went back and saw that post (still catching up)...better to be safe and wait another day for sure. Hopefully all your computer issues are sorted out now, still sucks that you had to deal with that.

Can't wait to see what you think of Tamako :).

trejo

Dammit cosmic, I didn't want to add more to the backlog season!

Lost Canvas is actually surprisingly decent. Not to mention it somehow manages to pull off something that seemed previously impossible. It
turns pisces into a badass.

I should probably go back to it sometime. This is backlog season after all.

Is Tamako Market set in Tokyo? Are the characters university students or working adults with lots of disposable income or pocket money?

If only. :(

Was this posted already? Sasami-san pv3.

Try not to go blind during the first 15 seconds.

Is the guy always gonna be hiding his face like that? It's already extremely annoying.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
akb49 > akb0048
Odd thing to say.

[Bird Pervert & Mochi] - 1

Come on now, everyone's got iPhones now. Move with the times!

Her mother died because an iMac fell on her head. How insensitive can you get?

EDIT: I double posted!? Its been 14 minutes! Is this thread slowing down?

EDIT2: And then three people post straight afterwards. Oh flippin' great.

cajunator

Banned
Tamako Market 01

This show is precious. Several of the girls remind me of K-on characters. a good thing to be sure. Even the Azu-nyan clone isn't bad. The bird (a cockatiel of some sort) is a total asshole but I like him. He's an adorable jerk. Tamako is nuclear moe. The show overall has a weird vibe to it but I like it thus far. As much as Chuunibyo? Well that time will tell. So far not quite as much. But its really adorable still.

OceanBlue

Vividred Operation and Sasami-san both are airing right now! I'm excited to see how their first episodes are, since they were my picks for this season behind Tamako Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom