• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't be confusing them non endings where the main protag rocks a harem for eternity. haha
Ah, that's true. lol

---

Quick Hits:

BokuTomo Nexto
Sena gets trolled, Yozora still sucks. I wonder if the light novel suffers from light novelitis and we'll just get 12 episodes of the same old thing over and over again. The problem is that Rika is the best character in terms of comedy, so you're almost left with somewhat unpleasant characters being unpleasant to each other.

Sasami@Ganbaranai
This feels like a less interesting Arakawa, but with a more abstract and therefore more "interesting" art style. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be funny BECAUSE it's weird or if it's funny AND weird.

Kotoura-san
Yeah, that drama. I have no idea why they bothered front-loading all that exposition. I suppose that means no flashbacks?
Come to think of it, this is Chuu2 if her powers were actually real instead of just invented to cover up a trauma. lol

Oh yeah, I thought of this earlier but forgot to ask. As a general question to cosmicblizzard or anyone who's read the Magi manga, do you think we'll see these characters again later in the anime?

Who, the blue genie woman, or her "owner"? If it's the former, VERY unlikely. If it's the latter, still probably not. She doesn't show up again for a while.

CorvoSol

I figured Corvosol had already seen Code Geass.

Nah, but now that you mention it, I do think I promised to watch that one. Well I guess after filling my head with politics for the next hour, I will unwind with magical girls in giant robots, then check out the first episode of Code Geass and I'll google Rahxephon, because I feel almost certain I watched that show in part.

YES! My online psychology courses coming to fruition!

Way to go, Britta. I was gonna watch it anyway, 745 AM classes do not permit postponing homework until the morning of.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next - 01
Boku%20wa%20Tomodachi%20ga%20Sukunai%20Next%20-%2001.jpg

Such parenting ...

I have no word this episode .i'll watch haganai but i don't think i'll enjoy it really .. I ike some aspect of this serie but i dislike the naive part of sena..couldn't they have put something else instead ?
Then again the whole club has Sooooooo many issues.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Psycho Pass 12
The new OP was a really good song (wish Funimation had the lyrics) and had great visuals, really visceral experience. The new ED was pretty good for most scenes, glad Kogami and Shogo got coverage, need to watch again to see if Sasayama did, and on Sasayama, he really made this episode pretty awesome making up for the weaker characters on the cast who oddly served as the focus point. Fortunately it did mean more Kogami screentime. The song though was actually pretty awesome, is the group incapable of making a bad song?
I just genuinely do not know how these opinions could be real.

cajunator

Banned
Nah, but now that you mention it, I do think I promised to watch that one. Well I guess after filling my head with politics for the next hour, I will unwind with magical girls in giant robots, then check out the first episode of Code Geass and I'll google Rahxephon, because I feel almost certain I watched that show in part.

Way to go, Britta. I was gonna watch it anyway, 745 AM classes do not permit postponing homework until the morning of.

You should also watch Kiddy Grade because its a whole lot of fun and the characters are awesome (they all have unique powers and abilities as agents in a galactic organization)

Defuser

Sasami-San ep 1
b92VP.gif

What the fucking fuck did I just watch? what the fuck what the fuck.
Haruhi dance reference, missile boobs, dressing animations...I never seen Ostuka Hochu voice act like this before. And all that Sakuga...... SHAFT just blown all their budget on the first episode.

You should also watch Kiddy Grade because its a whole lot of fun and the characters are awesome (they all have unique powers and abilities as agents in a galactic organization)

i second this ..

kiddy grade is good stuff .
Great characters and excellent world

---------------
Tempest 13
Pretty meh episode ..but not as bad as i thought reading all the impressions today.
i do think that this was totally unnecessary ..
Given the pace they're going with , we're not going to have the fight before ep 15 at least ...

Kazzy

[Tamako Market] - 1

Enough has been said about this already, so I'll refrain from posting a verbose write-up on it. And this is a first episode after all, so there isn't much left to say, beyond the speculative.

I hope the ensemble of characters is just that, and that we get to see a little bit more of them as the series progresses. I was also surprised at just how much focus the bird gets, though, not that I'm complaining! I feel like he could add a dynamic that we rarely see in KyoAni works, so it's nice to see he is ostensibly the co-lead in this.

It retains the same nonchalant style that we've come to expect, so all the criticisms that I've been reading are hardly surprising. It was never going to convert the detractors, but for me, It ticks all the boxes. I will certainly be watching again.

Nafe

Who, the blue genie woman, or her "owner"? If it's the former, VERY unlikely. If it's the latter, still probably not. She doesn't show up again for a while.

Yeah, it was both of those characters really. I was just wondering if what the anime seems to be covering if you thought they would get to whenever they made a reappearance in the story or not. Okay, thanks.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 7 (The boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya)
tumblr_mgfzu3geqU1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mgfzu3geqU1qbxqfpo2_500.png

This had to have been the best episode so far, so many hilarious moments from what even seemed like some random filler event. If the SOS Brigade could do more random events like this it would be a blast. Kyon's lines were so funny all his statements, and then the ridiculousness of what even happened
Closed Space appear because Haruhi is sad their losing, Nagato incanting for both the homing bat and then the ball and what even was with that ball and everyone's reactions, I couldnt not laugh
.Just accept stuff and move on. Unforgettable.

Maedhros

I'm surprised you like All My Friends Are Dead when you are so vocal against moéshit. Haremshit ain't that different.

It actually surprised me too. One of the few slice-of-life shows that I really like. The other being Lucky Star.

Maybe I just have a problem with KyoAni.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 2-3

How can they make being a good anime seem such an easy feat to accomplish? Every single scene is awesome. Like Kamina picking up the cape and Simon tying a scrap to his arm. It's just... Awesome.

Also, I feel that after Yoko it's all downhill in terms of 2D women.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

How can they make being a good anime seem such an easy feat to accomplish? Every single scene is awesome. Like Kamina picking up the cape and Simon tying a scrap to his arm. It's just... Awesome.

Here comes the Osamu Kobayashi episode next. Try not to fall asleep.
Goddamn keyface Haruhi was ugly.

ultron87

Steins; Gate 16

Damn, that was great. My feelings!

I don't know what was worse, Suzuha's tragic as hell letter or Kyouma resetting everything so none of it happened. I was kind of glad when they got away from using D-mail for a bit there since it resulted in less of Kyouma being the only character who is consistent and who the audience has a good sense of. Every time he sends a D-mail and the world line shifts everyone else becomes somewhat of a mystery again, even though they don't change that much most of the time.

Though now that he has the divergence meter that is only likely to happen more.

Yeah, I can't really think of any episodes I didn't like either.
Have you seen the first episode of Tamako Market? Are you going to watch it as it airs or put it off for now like Hyouka?
I was going to watch it last night, but got to tired. So yeah, I do plan on keeping up with it. I have quite a few shows I wanna watch and enjoy this season, I'm probably one of the few that does...
On the note of Hyouka, has the extra episode got released yet? I know it was supposed to come out some time this month.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah... the later shows... after K-On... I don't feel em anymore. Haruhi was the last show from them that I really loved, because it's actually different enough.
You didn't like Nichijou either? Its comedy may not be for everyone, but I don't think anyone can criticise it for being too similar to K-ON.

Enjoy your journey with gurren lagan ..i wish i could go on fresh and experience it without prior knowledge .. you have really no idea what will be trown at you next ...

Maedhros

Maan... look at all that meat... goddamn, she's fucking hot!

You didn't like Nichijou either? Its comedy may not be for everyone, but I don't think anyone can criticise it for being too similar to K-ON.

I didn't like many of the skits... many of them weren't really funny. But I loved most of the cast.

I still think that they could make the show work with 13 episodes.

So, Anime GAF, while I'm still watching Gundam RAGE, MSG, and Eureka Seven, I need something to fill the hole that Nadesico has just left in my life. What I need is one good non-Gundam Mecha Anime.

You should watch Aura Battler Dunbine at some point. Maybe not now, since you're watching MSG and you might not want to overload on Tomino shows, but it's a must watch show in the mecha genre.

Also, Zoids Chaotic Century if you haven't seen that. An underrated classic.

CorvoSol

Remember to recommend it to me again down the road.

This is because you haven't met Nia yet. By the last episode she's not TERRIBLE, but she's still a real pain at first.

Then I started watching Gundam AGE and realized just how much more I could dislike a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom