• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 7 (The boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya)
tumblr_mgfzu3geqU1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mgfzu3geqU1qbxqfpo2_500.png

This had to have been the best episode so far, so many hilarious moments from what even seemed like some random filler event. If the SOS Brigade could do more random events like this it would be a blast. Kyon's lines were so funny all his statements, and then the ridiculousness of what even happened
Closed Space appear because Haruhi is sad their losing, Nagato incanting for both the homing bat and then the ball and what even was with that ball and everyone's reactions, I couldnt not laugh
.Just accept stuff and move on. Unforgettable.

Oh god, I forgot how ugly KyoAni stuff looked pre-K-On!.

Nafe

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 39

That was kind of interesting. Earlier that character seemed like they might be more antagonistic but were kind of too mysterious to tell at the time. I was wondering if the show would have a fight where
two Gold Saints are the ones facing each other.
Although, as wonzo mentioned, there was a lot of really off looking art this episode. That group reaction shot he posted even gets returned to three or four times. The one part was kind of funny where he was telling the group not to help and then Ryuho followed by Koga wanted to help anyway, only to be blown away by an explosion of cosmos. Just like, buzz off! I actually chuckled at that part.

What was with that explanation at the end of the fight though? "How did you survive my attack and beat me?". "How? Because I fight for Athena whereas you're being controlled!" What? That didn't explain anything!

It'll be interesting to see what happens to those characters after the fallout of the battle. Just as an ally seems to appear the plot makes it so they can't help anymore either it seems.

I was also wondering if Sonia would get upgraded to a Gold Saint. After Gemini I was hoping they would have at least one more female saint, especially since reading other peoples comments and impressions there hadn't been any before Omega apparently.

Pretty interested to see what happens next episode now. It seems it will probably focus around
Souma.

This is because you haven't met Nia yet. By the last episode she's not TERRIBLE, but she's still a real pain at first.

Then I started watching Gundam AGE and realized just how much more I could dislike a character.
She has various circumstances ( plot reasons ) that make her arrival rough but at least she is a proper character that will do things and move the plot forward !

More than enough

doubt japan has many fine asses to test this perspective anyhow.

They should visit brazil. You know how mangaka always seem to take weeks off for research right?

One Piece 579
tumblr_mg7g4n75NM1qzj1clo1_250.gif
tumblr_mg7g4n75NM1qzj1clo2_250.gif
tumblr_mg7g4n75NM1qzj1clo3_250.gif

Overlaying Film Z footage with We Go made me chuckle and then weep bitterly as I realized I wont be able to see the movie by the time I graduate in three+ years. Looked really good. Ive been waiting so long for one moment in this and it was so good even with Luffy's voice and silly face. Hope this arc is a good improvement over the manga form and cant wait for
Traffy

CorvoSol

You should watch Aura Battler Dunbine at some point. Maybe not now, since you're watching MSG and you might not want to overload on Tomino shows, but it's a must watch show in the mecha genre.

Also, Zoids Chaotic Century if you haven't seen that. An underrated classic.

I watched Zoids New Century Zero, which wasn't great, but is a childhood favorite of mine. Are these two related in anyway?

Anyway, I flipped a coin and decided I liked the look of RahXephon more than Code Geass. Not sure what else I can say about that, but I'll be going with RahXephon and hope it doesn't lead me to having "bad taste" like the user of the same name.

Smile Precure 35

I have never seen this show before. It's cute, and I think Red or Green is cutest. Doctor Doom's Grandma as the main villain is interesting. The toy plot reminds me of Gekiganger. Yellow is brain-hurtinginly adorable. Oh, this is a magical girl show?

No, Red is definitely best. She's hotblooded! But Blue and Pink should go home. Nobody likes you chumps. You're just here to make Red, Green, and Yellow look better. Watch out Doctor Doom's Grandma's got a gun!

Anyway, I don't know anything about this show, but seeing a little girl turn into a giant robot and fight while the yellow one nerds out is hilarious.

I watched Zoids New Century Zero, which wasn't great, but is a childhood favorite of mine. Are these two related in anyway?

Zero is set in the same world, but centuries later. There's no real direct connections.

Chaotic Century was a Gundam-style war series mixed in with some heavy adventuring, while Zero was focused around gladiator fights using Zoids.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Smile Precure 35

I have never seen this show before. It's cute, and I think Red or Green is cutest. Doctor Doom's Grandma as the main villain is interesting. The toy plot reminds me of Gekiganger. Yellow is brain-hurtinginly adorable. Oh, this is a magical girl show?

No, Red is definitely best. She's hotblooded! But Blue and Pink should go home. Nobody likes you chumps. You're just here to make Red, Green, and Yellow look better. Watch out Doctor Doom's Grandma's got a gun!

Anyway, I don't know anything about this show, but seeing a little girl turn into a giant robot and fight while the yellow one nerds out is hilarious.
I told you!
Best gatttai.

duckroll

Remember the terrible news that Katanagatari would be rerunning on noitaminA this Spring? Well get ready for more weirdness. The coveted Nichigo slot on TBS/MBS will be broadcasting Space Battleship Yamato 2199 starting in Spring. This means both noitaminA and Nichigo, the two most coveted time slots for new anime series in terms of visibility, will have no new shows this Spring. Wut? :(

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2013/01/11/kiji/K20130111004953460.html

Remember the terrible news that Katanagatari would be rerunning on noitaminA this Spring? Well get ready for more weirdness. The coveted Nichigo slot on TBS/MBS will be broadcasting Space Battleship Yamato 2199 starting in Spring. This means both noitaminA and Nichigo, the two most coveted time slots for new anime series in terms of visibility, will have no new shows this Spring. Wut? :(

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2013/01/11/kiji/K20130111004953460.html

So Spring is dead. Long live Winter?

Ryuukan

Oreimo S2 will crush all who dare enter

Syrinx

Girls und Panzer 6

Goddamn, Hana in the fucking clutch.

Hey Captain of Sanders, if you only sent the equal number of tanks out of sportsmanship, why the hell did you even have ten tanks fighting in the first place?

Even though Miho's sister gave Hana the helicopter to go visit the hospital, why do I feel like she's gonna do something slimy like hold up the helicopter there just to put their team at a disadvantage in the next match?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Buying time while all those animators get trained on the craft of 3D.

but i posted that only ten posts up :/

It was certainly only about a million times a better mecha show than Mobile Suit Gundam AGE has ever been. I never thought I would come to see a Magical Girl show be a better mecha than a mecha show, but well, lesson learned.

no no no no ...
well smile precure is indeed great ..but in this case that's just gundam age being so bad/horrible

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

No block can handle bomb after bomb after bomb after bomb.

Milky Holmes II 09

Everyone important gets a fashion change!

Not a bad episode. Definitely had the energy and the lack of focus going on. Basically ran from one event to the next, which did at least bring in the laughs.

wonzo

Banned

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainm...004953460.html
If that means I get to watch the rest of Yamato 2199 slightly quicker than the rate at which the BD's are coming out then I'm pretty okay with this.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 13

It's ridiculous that the AGE system can create a new weapon for a battleship for so many reasons that I don't want to even go into it. How come Flit's fat ass friend hasn't died yet? So sick of looking at him! And I want to mock X-Rounder as an idea, but it's basically the same as being a New-Type, SEED bearer, or one of the few people who don't go insane from the ZERO system.

HARO BLUSHED. Probably something to do with Lagrann asking Wolf if Love can bloom even on the battlefield or something. I don't know. I guess everyone on the ship is gay for Wolf. Black guy's gonna die because he mentioned his momma. Emily clutching Haro while sitting on her bed with a determined look is the second most unintentionally hilarious moment in this show.

I feel almost bad about ripping this show to bits.

Almost. Then I realize the main bad guy is dressed up AS a Gundam, and I can't believe they want me to take it seriously at all.

One Piece 579
Overlaying Film Z footage with We Go made me chuckle and then weep bitterly as I realized I wont be able to see the movie by the time I graduate in three+ years. Looked really good. Ive been waiting so long for one moment in this and it was so good even with Luffy's voice and silly face. Hope this arc is a good improvement over the manga form and cant wait for
Traffy

They're already on Punk Hazard? Must be about to go into fillers/ start seriously dragging things out.

duckroll

If that means I get to watch the rest of Yamato 2199 slightly quicker than the rate at which the BD's are coming out then I'm pretty okay with this.

But you won't. Unless they stop the theatrical and DVD/BD release schedule they are on now, there is no way the broadcast will catch up if it starts in Spring. If they stop the current schedule, then you'll be getting episodes slower, not faster. Lol.

wonzo

Banned
But you won't. Unless they stop the theatrical and DVD/BD release schedule they are on now, there is no way the broadcast will catch up if it starts in Spring. If they stop the current schedule, then you'll be getting episodes slower, not faster. Lol.
Oh, well that fucking blows.

Nichigo is where FMA and Magi aired, right?

fertygo

What. The. Fuck.
Anime is dead :(

@Wonzo
You wish, by spring come.. Yamato should've available for one cour, they could just air all of that n have new show in summer.

Soma

Well that's not too bad I gue-

Aww shit. :(

duckroll

Oh, well that fucking blows.

What. The. Fuck.
Anime is dead :(

@Wonzo
You wish, by spring come.. Yamato should've available for one cour, they could just air all of that n have new show in summer.

Well that's not too bad I gue-

Aww shit. :(

Actually, I'm wrong. I blame my confused state of mind at the moment, but it would indeed catch up by Summer. By June there should be 4 new episodes out on disc, putting the series at ep18. If they keep airing, which I think they're planning to, it will catch up by August. The disc release for ep19-22 should be October, by which time the entire series should have finished airing.

But this still means that for all of Spring itself, there will be nothing "new" on noitaminA or Nichigo!

Robotics;Notes 12
tumblr_mgg0lcW8P31qzd219o2_250.gif
tumblr_mgg0lcW8P31qzd219o3_250.gif
tumblr_mgg0lcW8P31qzd219o4_250.gif

The new op visuals are good, still makes me always wish for the gunvarrel anime
What did she mean by its reviews are down since the last episodes, (wasnt it only like four minutes and not even completely animated) was leaked. People are pretty harsh in this world.

Seemed like an odd story to do for episode 12, though I guess they consider 11 the halfway point which had all the reveals? Kai awesome as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom