• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Well it's not like any of us are going to change our likes and dislikes regardless of how much discussion there is.

This is pretty much true.

Fumoffu is far and away the best thing KyoAni's done. Certainly their best comedy as it was actually funny.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Well it's not like any of us are going to change our likes and dislikes regardless of how much discussion there is.
So? We can find out why one or the other likes or dislikes one thing and further our knowledge through discussion like educated human beings.

I don't know. I've reevaluated things in the past based on reading some well thought out analysis from people. It's certainly more likely than it is if no one is elaborating on their points, at least.

OceanBlue

We don't need to have a discussion about likes and dislikes. We can have a discussion about how the aspects of a show either help it succeed in what it attempts to do or fail if people are inclined towards that.

Narag

I don't know. I've reevaluated things in the past based on reading some well thought out analysis from people. It's certainly more likely than it is if no one is elaborating on their points, at least.

Yup, sometimes I learn I have an uneducated opinion of things and learning the reason why something was made a certain way can sometimes sway my opinion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My Hyouka opinions changed.
Some Loser Named Dance In My Blood said:
If Hyouka was done by anyone else and looked like a normal show people would treat it like Natsuiro Kiseki. It's actively bad plot wise. Scooby Doo has better mysteries because you can at least sometimes guess how they'll end.
Some Loser Named Dance In My Blood said:
The greatest Hyouka mystery is why anyone likes it.
I dunno if I like it now because of stuff I read in here or not though.

CUD

Banned
Hmm, you raise some good points there. I definitely agree it could have done with a more subtle approach but I suppose my liking for the characters, namely Rikka and Yuuta, helped me overlook some of that.

Ask yourself this: How did Yuuta ever resolve Rikka choosing between chuunibyou (or denial of her father's death) or normalcy (or acceptance of her father's death)?

As someone who genuinely liked Chuunibyou to a certain point despite a few misgivings, things like this are why I didn't like the ending.
I think it was more that Yuuta helped restore hope in Rikka, with this hope she was able to accept her father's death and finally say goodbye. She wore the eye patch after saying goodbye so if there were to be another season I'm not really sure how it would play out, I'd assume that she has returned to her state of chuunibyou or maybe since she accepted her father's death Yuuta can help her be more 'normal'.

Moonlight

Banned
Hey guys, do you have any anime recommendations? Preferably anything from this season. The only thing I'm watching this season is Tamako Market, and I don't know about much else that's happening right now. I actually made a list of my favourite anime from last year, so if there's anything along those lines, that would be good. I like following shows as they air, and it forces me to budget my time better. If not, then I'd be alright with any suggestion, although I've probably already seen the usual ones (Cowboy Bebop, Baccano, etc).

Hey guys, do you have any anime recommendations? Preferably anything from this season. The only thing I'm watching this season is Tamako Market, and I don't know about much else that's happening right now. I actually made a list of my favourite anime from last year, so if there's anything along those lines, that would be good. I like following shows as they air, and it forces me to budget my time better. If not, then I'd be alright with any suggestion, although I've probably already seen the usual ones (Cowboy Bebop, Baccano, etc).

This is a pretty awful season to be honest. The Unlimited: Hyoubu Kyouske is pretty cool though.

Dresden

From this season? Outside of Tamako Market, eh. Most of the good stuff are just continuations from Fall.

Looks like you didn't watch Tsuritama in 2012. You should fix that.

Senran Kagura, Haganai Next, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, and Tamako are the ones I've liked so far.

OceanBlue

I think it was more that Yuuta helped restore hope in Rikka, with this hope she was able to accept her father's death and finally say goodbye. She wore the eye patch after saying goodbye so if there were to be another season I'm not really sure how it would play out, I'd assume that she has returned to her state of chuunibyou or maybe since she accepted her father's death Yuuta can help her be more 'normal'.

The issue with her returning to chuunibyou is that the whole show establishes that her chuunibyou was created by her denial of her father's death and spends the entire show tying chuunibyou to that denial. Yuuta even gives this huge speech in episode 11 about it. The ending just felt like they threw away all of that thematic development.

I mean, I know what they were going for, but it just felt like the ending didn't match the rest of the series at all. There were all of the ridiculous plot developments too, but things like that really irked me the most.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

This season is an utter wasteland as far as things that are actually good. Tamako Market is, I guess, the brightest prospect and you have that covered, and other than that there's nothing that I'd actively recommend. You could always, I suppose, watch S1 of Chihayafuru and begin following S2.

Good list in the AotY thread so, if I could suggest a few other 2012 shows in the absence of anything good currently airing, perhaps try Tsuritama, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Code:Breaker, or Mysterious Girlfriend X.

Shakugan no Shana II 22

ir3IRI1bibIyo.jpg

Well even though there was no action and lots of romance drama, hell some low level keydrama as well, it was still somewhat enjoyable. Maybe it is because I am two more episodes away from the end where just knowing I'll be one step closer to being done with this damn season makes me pay slightly more attention.

Also, thank god they ruined the romantic moment. Thank god. You go villain team.

duckroll

You should just watch some movies. Like Sword of the Stranger, You are Umasou, and Letter to Momo. Don't forget that Wolf Children will be out on Blu-ray/DVD in Japan next month too!

Thoraxes

Shakugan no Shana II 22

Well even though there was no action and lots of romance drama, hell some low level keydrama as well, it was still somewhat enjoyable. Maybe it is because I am two more episodes away from the end where just knowing I'll be one step closer to being done with this damn season makes me pay slightly more attention.

Also, thank god they ruined the romantic moment. Thank god. You go villain team.
All I can say is that i'm glad you don't have to wait a few years to see how everything ends.

Moonlight

Banned
Alright, in that case, I'll give Tsuritama and Code Breaker a shot in lieu of anything else. I guess I'll report back to this thread with my findings.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Alright, in that case, I'll give Tsuritama and Code Breaker a shot in lieu of anything else. I guess I'll report back to this thread with my findings.

Just as a caveat: the rest of the internet hates Code:Breaker. I and a lot of other people here really loved it for its impressive production values and its ability to ham up bad source material to the point of legit enjoyability, but YMMV. Still hope you like it!

duckroll

Just as a caveat: the rest of the internet hates Code:Breaker. I and a lot of other people here really loved it for its impressive production values and its ability to ham up bad source material to the point of legit enjoyability, but YMMV. Still hope you like it!

Who's the rest of the internet? All I see as I look into the horizon are armies are wrong people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom