• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
miyako33nlka.gif

Naruto scares me. I feel like it should be something I should check out but then I see the episode list and just go "nope." Same with Bleach. No series needs that many episodes to tell a good story.

If Monster can set up, flesh out and conclude it's story, even while it continues adding new characters and scenarios regularly and still come under 100 episodes, I don't see why a show about ninjas needs so many.

Nothing wrong with a long series if it can support that length. It could just mean it's a super expansive world, as is the case with One Piece.

But you're right, Bleach and Naruto do run out of steam. In the case of the latter though, I'd say it takes all of part 1 (before filler hell) which is a good 126 episodes minus the occasional filler arc.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I can't tell if I'm feeling stupid generous today or not but...

Tamako Market 02 was the best episode of any show I have seen in the passed year. Everything about it was spectacular. The characters, the animation, the sound effects, everything. I loved every second of it, which is crazy considering how the first episode felt so mundane in comparison. The show could have ended right there and I'd be fine with that.

If the rest of the series is going to be of this quality then that's great, but I'll be amazed if they can top this one.

Could've fooled me

On a side note, do you think One Piece, Bleach or Naruto were meticulously planned out beginning to end ahead of time, or thrown together week by week? FMA always gave me the impression of being plotted out far ahead of time and working towards some final end, but the others don't really give off that impression at all...

One Piece was 95% planned out from the beginning. Bleach is artistically, but not plot wise. Naruto is only the beginning and end.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Snowmaru!

It's probably just for a day and I'll go back to the old one :lol I think it's the one-year anniversary of my alt account getting approved and this was my first avatar. This damned fine junior zerg rush we're in the middle of making me nostalgic.

Narag

It's probably just for a day and I'll go back to the old one :lol I think it's the one-year anniversary of my alt account getting approved and this was my first avatar. This damned fine junior zerg rush we're in the middle of making me nostalgic.

Rip ulysses

Steroyd

Ai Mai Mi - 03

Not only did I forget what this show was, other than the fact that I watched episode 2 last week (which was how I ended up watching episode 2), I nearly watched this short twice in the same hour, wtf!? Now I know how that girl from Amnesia feels. o_O

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Psycho-Pass 13

So nothing really special happened but this should've been the last episode rather than this. Seriously, what the fuck? Also, the reveal on Gino's dad is unsurprising and should've been made known since... I don't know... when they first mentioned it. So predictable.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This along with slight Happy Science association leads me to believe that you could have very been ulysses in a past life.

Of the S. Grant variety or the King of Ithaca variety?

Either way...........that's kind of badass. Except now I'm probably going to the Pumpkin Dimension because I failed to realize my potential in this life.

Narag

Of the S. Grant variety or the King of Ithaca variety?

Either way...........that's kind of badass. Except now I'm probably going to the Pumpkin Dimension because I failed to realize my potential in this life.

Only to traverse time and inspire a young Linus and his Great Pumpkin belief.

Thoraxes

Psycho-Pass 13

So nothing really special happened but this should've been the last episode rather than this. Seriously, what the fuck? Also, the reveal on
Gino's dad
is unsurprising and should've been made known since... I don't know... when they first mentioned it. So predictable.

C'mon dude, some of us haven't watched this week's episode yet and have no idea what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom