• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
But he didn't say that. He said the characters are "deformed loli only crap" unless that's what he calls children. Seems to be a rather strong opinion presented as fact for a show he's never seen. Last I checked they weren't even loli.

No they definitely aren't lolis. They are high school age at least. Not to mention they act nothing like children, because that is a really cruel world this takes place in, and childish innocence is quickly squashed.

They do kinda have some wide ass angular faces.

Thats just Ume's style. Even adults look that way in her shows.

Ultimadrago

They do kinda have some wide ass angular faces.

Thats just Ume's style. Even adults look that way in her shows.

miyakomonkeydancerobjq.gif

Novid

Banned
man. does 3d intros really take that fucking long to render? no wonder the japanese animators have trouble with CGI. imma have to get my cgi friends in the industry to help a brotha out this some grimy shit.

By the end of it I didn't even think about the width of their faces.

Thats why Madoka fails. If you aren't constantly questioning whether your monitor is wide enough to capture the true brilliance of Ume's art you have completely and utterly failed.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Episode 12 – My Very Best Friend

Excellent

I couldn't write a better ending if I tried. They carried through and made a great show that flips the magical girl theme on it's head. I wasn't even bothered once by the art since I've seen all kinds of anime. It doesn't mean anything if there is an appealing story to tell and great characters to show off. Definitely in my top 10 of all time for sure even if the art isn't a shining beacon of hope and happiness. We have Madoka for that anyways!
Nisemonogatari 1

10/10

In reality I would have rated this episode about 5 out of 10, but then there was an extended Hachikuji scene which was enough to bring the score up to perfect. Oh Hachikuji, you are such a kind and literate girl~ You are delicate, yet sophisticated - practical and money conscious. You are a master of wordplay, and your introspective insights and choice of lingerie proceed you by many years. Don't leave me Hachikuji! ;_; You're a perfect woman!
Hachikuji is one of the top three girls for sure. She is such a lady that it makes her scenes worth watching despite Arararararagi's irredeemable perversion and fetishes. The fire sisters could stand to learn a thing or two from our favorite little aberration.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Thats why Madoka fails. If you aren't constantly questioning weather your monitor is wide enough to capture the true brilliance of Ume's art you have completely and utterly failed.
Not even the weather guy can get it always right. That son of a bitch has me in bouts of fury every other day.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
the art isn't a shining beacon of hope and happiness. We have Madoka for that anyways!

Hachikuji is one of the top three girls for sure. She is such a lady that it makes her scenes worth watching despite Arararararagi's irredeemable perversion and fetishes.

She really is!! I like a woman I can have a conversation with.

Now skip everything up to Episode 4

then skip to Episode 8

Okay, I'll trust you.

cajunator

Banned
Not even the weather guy can get it always right. That son of a bitch has me in bouts of fury every other day.

He was totally right about that big tornado event that happened here though. Nailed it right down to the hour it started and where. One of the most accurate predictions I've seen.

Narag

K-ON! 2

Good lord @ Mugi's eyebrows. Tetsuo Hara would be proud. I like to believe Mio has crippling social anxiety as well. This is sort of pleasant as something to chill with.

Dresden

Mind you, I still struggle to watch madoka. wideface is weiiiiiird
Umefaces are the best.

I think the problem is when they get drawn up with like, swimsuits in promo art, though. Then those wiiiiide faces clash horribly with the more realistic proportions that the fanservice demands.

cajunator

Banned
Umefaces are the best.

I think the problem is when they get drawn up with like, swimsuits in promo art, though. Then those wiiiiide faces clash horribly with the more realistic proportions that the fanservice demands.

Thats true. I was afraid they would totally fuck up the figurines especially, but GSC NAILED IT. Absolutely perfect depiction of Ume's designs.

I promise to watch Tsuritama tonight. I PROMISE!

Excellent. I think you will enjoy it, little mascot.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 29

The left side of my face officially has a mind of its own.

Goddamn that scene at the end between Keiichi and Belldandy, thy name is hhhnnnggg. Also, Urd looked hot as fuck in that Santa outfit.

I hope Sayoko goes down to the Amazon River and pees in it and gets one of those parasite fish things stuck in her urethra. It HAD to be her buying that last ring at the store. But why the fuck didn't Keiichi just buy Belldandy another nice piece of jewelry?

Novid

Banned
it make sense for the gif of the tamako market to based on the simsons when even the mainstream fans of the simsons over in J-ville complain about the voice acting. i half smiled.

GAF didn't let me down. I loved Usagi Drop so I was a bit disappointed about it not being number one when I saw the 2011 thread for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I can get why Madoka is on top now, though.

Speaking of lists... I decided to write my top ten after so many years of watching anime. I just left it at top three before since I found it too hard to decide. It is still so hard that I ended up with a top 16 instead haha.

cajunator

Banned
Ah! My Goddess 29

The left side of my face officially has a mind of its own.

Goddamn that scene at the end between Keiichi and Belldandy, thy name is hhhnnnggg. Also, Urd looked hot as fuck in that Santa outfit.

I hope Sayoko goes down to the Amazon River and pees in it and gets one of those parasite fish things stuck in her urethra. It HAD to be her buying that last ring at the store. But why the fuck didn't Keiichi just buy Belldandy another nice piece of jewelry?

I have to say, I think I enjoy your writeups on AMG more than with Yami.
and yes, Belldandy is cute as fuck and Urd is just plain hot.
I don't know if you watched the OVA's, but if you want an idea of that art style, check out the OP/ED. They also happen to be super catchy. Plus Belldandy is EVEN CUTER and Urd is EVEN HOTTER. Nostalgia hits me like a fuckton of bricks when I hear these songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLye1CNczOQ

Syrinx

I have to say, I think I enjoy your writeups on AMG more than with Yami.
and yes, Belldandy is cute as fuck and Urd is just plain hot.
I don't know if you watched the OVA's, but if you want an idea of that art style, check out the OP/ED. They also happen to be super catchy. Plus Belldandy is EVEN CUTER and Urd is EVEN HOTTER. Nostalgia hits me like a fuckton of bricks when I hear these songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLye1CNczOQ

Well that's good, cause I've got about 20 more unwatched episodes left to go, and I have no plans to stop watching.

cajunator

Banned
Well that's good, cause I've got about 20 more unwatched episodes left to go, and I have no plans to stop watching.

You should watch the OVAS when youre done. they are a super abridged version of the show (came out first when the creators didnt have the budget to do a full show) and it wasnt until MANY years later that they were able to make the full TV series. But yeah, Belldandys design is even cuter than the new one and Urd is hotter, and Skuld of course is even cuter. It did everything right. It was just much too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom