• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

SephLuis

So do I. I like watching the ship swoosh around while the music plays and I can take a breather and check my phone before the next one.

I just got the Zone 65 trophy (woop!) with only four hours of game time on the clock, about two of which were spend in Zone mode chasing that trophy! It took me about six months of constant trying back on the PS3 to get the Zone 75 Zone Zeus one. Here, I got the gold at Zone 71 on Anulpha Pass. Yaaay!

I'm going for Platinum on this game. For sure. It's so damn good.

The zone trophy in this is way easier than in HD. Also, you would need to get in order to elite pass everything in 2048 campaign since there's a couple of events that require zone 70 IIRC

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Most of you prolly already knew but for the Hold Your Fire trophy you can still use emp.

Got it on Syncopia. You dont have to beat stage 10 either, just reach it.

KORNdoggy

How do you unlock the ship designs/skins? I know loyalty gets you 2 for each team, but what about the 2 above and below those? I remember unlocking a silver version of the ships on PS3 as well as a neon trim looking one but cant remember how? Lol.

Curufinwe

Keep building up loyalty.

The zone trophy in this is way easier than in HD. Also, you would need to get in order to elite pass everything in 2048 campaign since there's a couple of events that require zone 70 IIRC

I suck. Zone 50 is about the best I can manage.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How do you unlock the ship designs/skins? I know loyalty gets you 2 for each team, but what about the 2 above and below those? I remember unlocking a silver version of the ships on PS3 as well as a neon trim looking one but cant remember how? Lol.

Chrome is inlocked by completing hd i believe. Neon trim is unlocked in fury. Just keep playing.

Dash_

Honestly, if you can do the best Zico trophies the rest are pretty easy in comparison. The detonator and Zone Battle are easier than the races on elite I think as well. You will be grand.

I'm not doing too bad : ). You're right. Easier than expected (Detonator and Elimination are kind of jokes).

Yea I'm a noob at zone battle. Took many tries on the first cell of it last night. Seems like you can win consistently if you wait to zone boost when you're full or near full. If you zone boost when you're only half or close to empty the AI will be way higher level. Detonator on the other hand seems pretty fair. Surviving the last couple stages seems more of an issue than actually getting the points for elite gold.

Zone Battle seems too luck based in the initial stages when you're all packed together and shields can drop a foot in front of you any time. I'm not doing as bad as I feared, but it is very stop/start on Elite.

Interesting note about the sales figures.

If you go on the Lap Time Records for the first race of Wipeout HD on the lowest speed (Vineta K, Venom), there are 47,000 records posted in total (it says so in the corner when switching to Global Records). That's the highest number on any track and mode in the game, including 2048 ones. Therefore, the minimum sales of this title are 47,000 to date. Although there are probably a few more who bought it and haven't played it yet, or who some who have only played 2048 or HD or Fury and not all three, or gone straight online without touching the campaign. Still, interesting (and a little low for my liking).

I'm pretty sure there might be something up with the leaderboards. The game's been out over a week and I've been ranking way higher in certain Racebox events than I thought I would (top 10 in some cases). I'm okay but I'm not that good.

Admittedly these were slightly obscure events (reverse tracks in Zone), but you'd expect more people to be ranked on the leaderboards by now. I think more than 50,000 people have picked the game up.

Wiped89

I'm not doing too bad : ). You're right. Easier than expected (Detonator and Elimination are kind of jokes).

Zone Battle seems too luck based in the initial stages when you're all packed together and shields can drop a foot in front of you any time. I'm not doing as bad as I feared, but it is very stop/start on Elite.

I'm pretty sure there might be something up with the leaderboards. The game's been out over a week and I've been ranking way higher in certain Racebox events than I thought I would (top 10 in some cases). I'm okay but I'm not that good.

Admittedly these were slightly obscure events (reverse tracks in Zone), but you'd expect more people to be ranked on the leaderboards by now. I think more than 50,000 people have picked the game up.

I hope you're right. I ranked number 4 in the world on one (obscure reverse track) racebox event, out of just 9 people.

On most events I'm in the top 1,000.

Dash_

I suck. Zone 50 is about the best I can manage.

For those struggling with zone mode in 2048, unlock Sol in zone mode in 2050 and practice on it. Due to the lack of barriers it's pretty easy to rack up a huge score (100 zones+). Coming off the back of that will make the others seem easier at lower speeds.

Deimo5

As is trying to elite pass Subway in combat mode in 2050's campaign. It's a complete free for all.

That one is tough, I just kept retrying until I got lucky enough with pickups and ship destruction bonuses.

This rank 50 thing in 2048 is just kinda dumb though, seems to basically require grinding for no good reason. It shouldn't take that much work especially since a prototype ship is locked behind it.
Currently holding down X on the Sol exploit to gain the last few remaining levels lol.

MastAndo

Completely new to the WipEout series, as in never played any of the games at all. The game looks amazing though with positive reviews, so I figured I'd put this PS4 Pro and 4K TV to use and went ahead and purchased it.

What's the best campaign to start with for a complete noob?

Deimo5

Completely new to the WipEout series, as in never played any of the games at all. The game looks amazing though with positive reviews, so I figured I'd put this PS4 Pro and 4K TV to use and went ahead and purchased it.

I'd say HD on novice

Definitely HD on Novice.

Also, take your time to get acclimated to the physics of the game - they're very, very different from any other racing game you might have played before. Booting up a racebox speed lap on Anulpha Pass and lapping around is great way to get a good feel for how the crafts handle at your own leisure, without pressure.

Schnauzer

Can anyone confirm if this has stereoscopic 3D? 3D made Wipeout so much more enjoyable. It made it much easier to gauge the turns, and really added a lot of value.

Even if just Wipeout HD has 3D mode that'd be good enough.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Can anyone confirm if this has stereoscopic 3D? 3D made Wipeout so much more enjoyable. It made it much easier to gauge the turns, and really added a lot of value.

Even if just Wipeout HD has 3D mode that'd be good enough.
Nope. No 3D at all.

Sebenco Climb is such a pain at higher speeds on elite.

Ponchito

Just downloaded the game and its awesome. However I didn't know it didn't have the game's original soundtrack. It seems fine so far but there a few tracks that are not included that really disappointed me.

BHK3

Banned
How legit is this site?

WEOCPS4.jpg
55511.jpg

https://www.base.com/buy/product/wi...e-and-4-x-ps4-team-themes-ps4/dgc-weocps4.htm

I see it's available to sent to North America, they also have a sale for some other games at really good prices like MKXL

Deimo5

Huh the Pirhana prototype has a pretty extreme concept but it's event was easy, elite pass first go. Maybe the Airbraker trophy in the original HD was good training.
I like the gimmick approach to prototypes as a whole.

Banned
How legit is this site?

https://ww.base.com/images/large/WEOCPS4.jg[/IG] [IG]htts://www.base.com/images/largemedia/55511.jpg[/IM

[url]https://www.ase.com/buy/product/wipeout-omega-collection-with-classic-sleeve-and-4-x-ps4-team-themes-ps4/dgc-weocps4.htm[/ul

I see it's available to sent to North America, they also have a sale for some other games at really good prices like MKXL[/QUOTE]

Base is really good, their prices are decent, they dispatch promptly and I have never had a problem with them.

Came back to this after a few days break, won the 2049 cup pretty easily, was less than a second from elite passing the final race though :/

Pir-hana's VA is great

Dash_

I went on eBay and got the steelbook without the disc (have it digitally). Thing is a work of beauty. Up with 3's cover art.

Anyway, I finally reached level 46 and unlocked the last Auricom craft. I'll stop cheesing that Sol exploit now and get the rest of the XP via the remaining elite passes (15 to go. Time trial nightmares await).

Wiped89

I feel I need to give a plug to my playlist! This is the definitive Wipeout Fusion playlist, because unlike most others this one uses the Plump DJs mixes that featured on the PS2 game: https://open.spotify.com/user/alexe1989/playlist/3QoHAkfb7fr5PeYh55OJXZ

And this one mixes in every Wipeout 3 and Fusion soundtrack song available on Spotify - again only using the authentic remixes featured on the games: https://open.spotify.com/user/alexe1989/playlist/1GconQsUWgfSBbgM7yZxHO

Hmm, my game just downloaded version 1.02. Nothing in the update history. Maybe just a couple bug fixes. Would love for more options for the photo mode to be patched in at some point!

Banned
Would it be possible to compile a list of all the previous Wipeout game OST's into a spotify playlist? How dose one put music on Spotify? They do copyright stuff or something like that right?

BHK3

Banned
Any way to know what they are charging you in US currency? I mean you can use a Google currency translator but I doubt that is very accurate...
Anyone import any cool wipeout stuff weigh in on this? I really wanna buy it for the unique box

With my Mario Karting hitting a lull (that is to say, with my friends losing interest), I picked this up to keep my racing cravings going. Not disappointed. I used to own Wipeout HD and had 2048 I believe as a Vita PS+ title (or I bought it on a forgotten whim), but never played Fury.

I admit, I never did play HD much, I bought it and played it for maybe 3 nights and don't recall getting very far. I think I maybe played 2048 for about 3 weeks, one hour each night, still not much, but better than HD.

I'm really, really enjoying it this time around, though. Played a solid 3 hours after I got it, and have been back for 2 hour sessions a few times, probably totalling around 12 hours now -- just bought it Tuesday.

Very fun stuff! Watched that HD Fury tutorial video in the OP and it really helped me step up my game -- wasn't too sure how to maximize side-thrusting and found that I was often holding my air brakes way too long at lower speed classes. Also kinda helped understand pitching and its uses much more. :)

88random

So jealous of you guys, I'm still waiting for my copy, Shopto sent it last Tuesday... Should have gone for the digital version, but that steelbook is soo good.

Shaneus

I feel I need to give a plug to my playlist! This is the definitive Wipeout Fusion playlist, because unlike most others this one uses the Plump DJs mixes that featured on the PS2 game: https://open.spotify.com/user/alexe1989/playlist/3QoHAkfb7fr5PeYh55OJXZ

And this one mixes in every Wipeout 3 and Fusion soundtrack song available on Spotify - again only using the authentic remixes featured on the games: https://open.spotify.com/user/alexe1989/playlist/1GconQsUWgfSBbgM7yZxHO
Oh sweet, I tried putting in a couple of breaks tracks in mine (including a Plump track or two) not knowing they did the soundtrack to Fusion. I'll have to check it out!

Against all odds I elite passed the Solar race A event in campaign

Idk why you can't play that track with C and B classes in race box or online though because in zone mode you still start at D and it works fine.

Holy shit online is dead already

like one playlist with one player in it dead

also why on earth is there a main event in the 2050 campaign that's combat where you can only use your speed ship against everyone else's combat ship

cucuchu

Holy shit online is dead already

like one playlist with one player in it dead

also why on earth is there a main event in the 2050 campaign that's combat where you can only use your speed ship against everyone else's combat ship

I saw the same thing yesterday on the NA list but EU had a good 10 or so games going. Still abysmal for this early after launch.

My opinion is Sony really dropped the ball on promoting this game in the weeks leading up to launch. I did not even see any promoting of it on their own PSN store. I had to do a manual search for it to find it for preorder AN HOUR BEFORE IT RELEASED.... It was not even listed in the new or upcoming games, not that I saw.

Top Bottom