• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•02-04•17 - Amazon princess crowned box office Queen and saves DCEU

While I don't get why they had a problem with it. This isn't something that's exclusive to just WB. Most execs are dumb as rocks.

That said I can't find myself even being upset at this because it is in the movie. Which means they were ultimately gave the ok for it.

There's more to the story than what's in that thread. There's always friction between the artistic minded and business minded when making studio pictures.

Boke1879

That said yall. Just Thank GOD for Patty. It's why I want this movie to make as much money as it can and it's looking like it'll be a lot.

A message needs to be sent to the industry as a whole and WB in particular. Get out of the way. No need to meddle in everything. Hopefully with Aquaman, Wan blows it out of the park. Sometimes you gotta let a creator just create.

Just by letting Patty do her thing they somewhat gave new life to their new universe, but DEFINITELY gave new life to Wonder Woman.

If that somehow happens and DC doesn't make Diana the centerpiece of the DCU they are outta their minds

They've already been making moves across BvS and JL to push her front and center. I know that's something the Snyders care about. It's sad to think in 2011 Warners was content to make a Wonder Woman TV show after a number of film projects kept stalling. And they were about to try another TV show on CW called Amazon, with, funny enough, the same writer who came onto the movie. Warners couldn't see the potential of a Wonder Woman movie. Boy, were they proved wrong.

Boke1879

a bit off subject. It'll be interesting to see what direction they go with a Sirens movie. I also hope Whedon's Batgirl knocks it out of the park as well.

gamz

a bit off subject. It'll be interesting to see what direction they go with a Sirens movie. I also hope Whedon's Batgirl knocks it out of the park as well.

That's right! So many female driven DC films coming out. I'd love, love, love for Bigelow to take a crack at it, but it'll never happen.

I mentioned it before but I actually think Sirens should keep the Suicide Squad vibe. A lot of people will disagree with that but it's clear Suicide Squad tapped into a market that really liked what it was selling. Obviously though hopefully they make it a LOT higher quality but I think Sirens should keep that general tone.

Batgirl obviously I would like to be a lot different

Whedon leading with talking about Batgirl's damage makes me weary that it's gonna be some super cynical bullshit

iirc Batgirl will be a smaller movie than these other projects. So we'll see.

Depending on the time table, I wonder if Batgirl appears in Batgirl or GCS first. Likewise, LEGO Batman's director is doing Nightwing, but audiences might first get exposed to Dick in Suicide Squad 2.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Whedon leading with talking about Batgirl's damage makes me weary that it's gonna be some super cynical bullshit

No chance. That movie is going to be all about Batgirl rising the fuck up. He'll make sure he continues the theme of hope that Patty Jenkins started that has been missing in the dreary DCEU.

dunno, it could be that or could go another worrying direction and be filled to the brim with his sense of wit.

I hope he reins himself in on Batgirl.

Boke1879

I mentioned it before but I actually think Sirens should keep the Suicide Squad vibe. A lot of people will disagree with that but it's clear Suicide Squad tapped into a market that really liked what it was selling. Obviously though hopefully they make it a LOT higher quality but I think Sirens should keep that general tone.

Batgirl obviously I would like to be a lot different

I feel you there. Keep the tone, but a better quality movie. Make a fun time with just kicking ass.

They can do many different directions with Batgirl. Is Batman going to be around or is he off doing some shit? Could you potentially have Nightwing make an appearance in this movie?

kswiston

I am going to refrain from anything as lofty as beating BvS right now. It will have to outleg Iron Man, given that IM1 had basically the same opening. When you add back in Iron Man's Thursday previews, it made $102.1M OW. Though Sat was stronger and Sun was weaker because it was early May.

Wonder Woman will have stronger weekdays because more kids are off school, but Iron Man had pretty amazing weekend drops.

Mrbob

Looking at the weekend actual numbers that Baywatch hold is decent. Movie isn't going to be a mega bomba.

I am going to refrain from anything as lofty as beating BvS right now. It will have to outleg Iron Man, given that IM1 had basically the same opening. When you add back in Iron Man's Thursday previews, it made $102.1M OW. Though Sat was stronger and Sun was weaker because it was early May.

Wonder Woman will have stronger weekdays because more kids are off school, but Iron Man had pretty amazing weekend drops.

Yeah I do think it has a strong shot at $300 though. A 3x multiplier given word of mouth doesn't sound crazy to me

dunno, it could be that or could go another worrying direction and be filled to the brim with his sense of wit.

I think Whedon will have a lot of control over Batgirl. With Justice League, he worked on the additional material with Snyder and Johns. But Batgirl, aside from usual adherence to the universe, he'll have freedom. I know ultimately he'll be the one casting Batgirl.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Imagine being so jaded you can't enjoy the works of one of the most entertaining directors alive

SAD!

Are we SURE Fox is going to give Scott one last movie to finish it off? Lol.

The fact that Blomkamp's OatsStudios trailer is getting more hype than Covenant ever got, I'm betting Fox is having second thoughts going with Scott instead of him.

I want a conclusion to Scott's story but just one more is all I need, then I'd like to see Neill get a stab at it. Although I think the Alien brand might be too damaged now.

Fox really needs The Predator to be a hit now.

Imagine being so jaded you can't enjoy the works of one of the most entertaining directors alive

giphy.gif

also Predator is gonna be amazing. so hyped for that one. whether or not it will be successful though is up in the air it seems.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I remember when so many of us, myself included, were confident GOTG 2 would easily break a billion.

I can't wait for no one to learn the lesson on overpredicting MCU movies and start throwing out $600m domestic predictions for Infinity War.

I can't wait for no one to learn the lesson on overpredicting MCU movies and start throwing out $600m domestic predictions for Infinity War.

well if any mcu movie is ever going to beat the Avengers 1 record it will have to be one of the Infinity War movies. I'm thinking both will come short though (but over a billion obviously)

ZeoVGM

Banned
well if any mcu movie is ever going to beat the Avengers 1 record it will have to be one of the Infinity War movies. I'm thinking both will come short though (but over a billion obviously)

I don't think it'll happen. They're going to be huge, obviously, but as much as "the end" is a big deal, seeing everyone come together for the first time is a feeling that can't be replicated.

Top Bottom