• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office 06•19-21•15 - Box Office got the same alpha, Inside Out opening Dope

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokahey

So Mad Max has more than doubled it's budget already world-wide. Isn't that a strong success no matter how you slice it? Especially with home release still to go?

So Mad Max has more than doubled it's budget already world-wide. Isn't that a strong success no matter how you slice it? Especially with home release still to go?

Depends on the advertising budget. Generally speaking you need to double or triple your budget before you make a profit on a film.

So it may have broken even, or be close to that, at this point.

kurahador

Would someone who loved the first 2 like minions?

Taking my girlfriend who loves the first two to see it even though I only liked the first.

Having a hard time seeing adults enjoy watching it. Despicable Me works better for Minions because they feature them in smaller doses. Here it's slapstick humor one after another, and it gets dull.

Kids will have a great time though, my 5 years old nephew and kids in the cinema has their eyes glued to the screen most of the time.

Having a hard time seeing adults enjoy watching it. Despicable Me works better for Minions because they feature them in smaller doses. Here it's slapstick humor one after another, and it gets dull.

Kids will have a great time though, my 5 years old nephew and kids in the cinema has their eyes glued to the screen most of the time.

That has been my worry as well. They are characters that work best in small doses, and I feel would be best suited to short films before other movies or as a DVD extra. But, all the trailers have been great so far, and it gives me hope that they are going to nail it when it hits.

According to RTH on BOT Jurassic World will be revised up about about 5 million to take the second weekend record and Inside Out will be revised down slightly,

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Well damn
With a $38M Sunday JW will have two of the top 10 sundays of all time
It just keeps managing to astound me

JW posting a $106-108m weekend. It wasn't a squeaker after all for the record. It just smacked it around.

Even more impressive coming off of huge weekday grosses and big business from Inside Out.

Verendus

Banned
Avengers holding too many Ls. First The Familia takes their spot as the best superhero team. Then the Jurassic Age comes along to urinate on them. I'm more than happy for dinosaurs and The Rock to appear in Avengers 3. But I have something better.

The Rock. Optimus Prime. Robot dinosaurs. Transformers 5. What should have happened in 4, will now happen in 5.

Michael Bay pls.

Avengers holding too many Ls. First The Familia takes their spot as the best superhero team. Then the Jurassic Age comes along to urinate on them. I'm more than happy for dinosaurs and The Rock to appear in Avengers 3. But I have something better.

The Rock. Optimus Prime. Robot dinosaurs. Transformers 5. What should have happened in 4, will now happen in 5.

Michael Bay pls.

The Rock as the voice of Optimus Primal.

kswiston

Furious 7 holds the record at 17 days, this should have it in like 11 or 12 days I believe.

It will most likely take the record in 13 days (today). Remember that the Worldwide record starts counting from the first day of worldwide release. China and a few other countries opened on Wednesday.

JW still rocking it, of course, but what an opening that is for Inside Out. They've done a great job at positioning this as a must-see, and I'm itching for it to come out over here.

Let the Second Age of Pixar begin.

G-Fex

Michael Bay pls.

Mixing all that toxic shit together isn't going to make for a good film much less something to advertise.

And Michael Bay is a fucking hack who isn't fit to lick George Miller's shoes.

overcast

Unbelievably good opening for Inside Out considering it's an original property. Shocked it beat out MU. Jurassic World is something else man. Never could have predicted that.

Seeing it tonight.

kswiston

Unsurprisingly, all of the movies that appeal to males seemed to have been underestimated on Sunday. Spy and San Andreas got decent boosts.

Inside Out's actual is $90.44M

kswiston

Higher than a lot of people expected for the first weekend lol.

Higher than one poster's predicted domestic total :p

Jurassic World will end up surprisingly close to Jurassic Park's Adjusted total (about $700M without the re-release).

JW will have to start dropping quickly to miss $650M.

Sunday $38,361,540
Saturday $39,112,465
Friday $29,114,435

So it barely dropped at all on sunday.

Domestically, yes. JP earned an unadjusted $402.5M including the re-release.

Jurassic World will top JP's worldwide tally on Wednesday or Thursday to become the biggest film in the series (unadjusted)

Yeah, meant domestic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom