• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood |OT| Out With The New Order, In With The Old Blood

Vitor711

Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying intro videos? There's like 30 seconds of Bullshit before they let you play the game.

Vitor711

How important is your time?

I don't know - but since I keep having to restart the game due to graphical bugs, I'd say pretty fucking important.

Don't know why you're taking offence at this - I can either spend 30 seconds tinkering with files in the game/add an extension to the .exe just once or I can reload the game 10-15 times and lose 10 minutes or so of my own time because apparently I need to be constantly reminded who made the game.

One of those things seems simpler than the other.,

epmode

Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying intro videos? There's like 30 seconds of Bullshit before they let you play the game.

It's probably very similar to how you remove the intro from the original: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3240769

How important is your time?

You know that Simpsons episode where Homer salutes the Australian toilet that was modified so the water flushes in the proper American direction? That's how I feel about skipping intros in PC games. It's a Big Deal.

Gears

Well, that was fucking awesome. I also found a little doom stuffed animal. Im very hyped for the new doom, as this felt like a taste of what to expect

Karak

First review is out:
http://www.destructoid.com/review-wolfenstein-the-old-blood-291497.phtml

Someone should make a review thread, I'm gonna go sleep so probably won't be updating it for about 8-9 hours if I make one.

Here is mine.
""A game of distilled shooting action done well and despite some small issues, overall an excellent addition to the fiction."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsyrLgmhGdY

Well, that was fucking awesome. I also found a little doom stuffed animal. Im very hyped for the new doom, as this felt like a taste of what to expect

There are secrets from other games all over the damn place. I love it.

AJ_Wings

Aside from the awkward first stealth section, Old Blood was some damned good time considering the asking price. Took me 5-6 hours and I can't wait to replay it when I get the time in the weekend.

JoeFenix

You found the challenge rooms to be tedious?

I'm personally having alot of fun with them. They're nothing super deep in terms of scoring system but if you enjoy the core gameplay loop then this is a good way to get a quick dose of it.

They're essentially just encounters taken from the main game with a scoring system bolted on top. Nothing on the level of say Resident Evil Mercenaries mode but still a fine addition to the package imo.

Jinjo

I am actually surprised by how shit chapter 1 and the beginning of chapter 2 are. It's making me quit the game out of frustration every single time I attempt to play it. Never did this even once with TNO and I played that on the next to highest difficulty setting first time too.

Daximuss

Amazon has a promotion going on that if you buy The Old Blood digitally from them, you will receive a $15 credit towards the purchase of Wolfenstein: The New Order for X1, PS4, or PC when you buy it from Amazon.com.

Keychain hanging from the car in the opening cutscene is a Q3 Rocket Launcher. Spotted it right away because they did the same thing in RAGE I believe :)

Gears

Keychain hanging from the car in the opening cutscene is a Q3 Rocket Launcher. Spotted it right away because they did the same thing in RAGE I believe :)
Holy shit I did not see that till new game. Man... it may be short but damn was this expansion awesomeeeeeee

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Bought this blind today, as a show of support to these guys, since I loved their last installment so much. Hope I'm not disappointed :)

Vitor711

It's probably very similar to how you remove the intro from the original: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3240769

You know that Simpsons episode where Homer salutes the Australian toilet that was modified so the water flushes in the proper American direction? That's how I feel about skipping intros in PC games. It's a Big Deal.

Amen.

Also, that works. One of the video files is named differently, but there's still essentially 3 files that need to be renamed within the bink folder. Doing this will still give you a 5/6 second long black screen when loading up the game, but then it transitions straight into the health warnings. That's going to save me a 5/10 minutes in the long run and I'll take that. I absolutely HATE start-up vids that can't be skipped after the first viewing.

So, apparently I'm 2 hours in and only 25% done with the game. This expansion seems huge and it really, really picks up after the underwhelming opening stealth chapter.

What platform are you playing on? At least with the New Order, there was a PS4 audio feature that was buried that resolved a lot of the problems.

http://wolfforums.bethsoft.com/topic/267-wolfenstein-support/?p=4941

Thanks I'll check it out but it happens on PC and ps4 on two different sounds systems. The guns are just not punchy and have little to no bass. Theme song in the menu sounds awesome though. It seems to be a sound mixing issue and not so much an issue with setting on the ps4.

Bought this blind today, as a show of support to these guys, since I loved their last installment so much. Hope I'm not disappointed :)

I loved new order and this for me is just as good I'm sure you will enjoy it. I even like the stealth section some people are complaining about.

B.J. Blazkowicz said:
'' Eh, a... Hot dog ''

6081114162_eae14ba471_o.gif

I'm enjoying this a lot more than New Order. It's pretty much pure gameplay ! In New Order you were constantly interrupted with custcenes or with moments where nothing was going on.

Squishy3

I got legit hyped when you first prop open a door with the pipe and BJ grabs it as you're sliding through.

I thought "You're just going to pick it up from the other side, they wouldn't do that."

Denzar

Loved TNO and enjoying this so far; but goddamn... ID Tech 5 is a piece of shit.

Game looks good enough, but once you get up close... Damn, those are some ugly textures. Even on ultra setting. Plus, it's HUGE. 37 GB?

I hope Bethesda does nog force ID Tech 5 down the Fallout team's throat. Fuck that engine.

This stealth/super soldier level is a total chore to play, to the point where I might play something else. It gets better, right?? I loved TNO and it never felt this tedious.

Never played the original - will wait until it pops up in a sale again (why didn't I buy it last time??) unless it's cheap now?

Is it worth waiting before playing this?

Dermee

Neo Member
Anyone know if there are any sales going on for Wolfenstein The New Order for PC? I've wanted to play it, and am trying to find a decently cheap legitimate Steam Key. I was hoping GreenManGaming would have it on sale, or that Steam would make it a midweek madness today to celebrate Old Blood coming out but that's not happening.

Not having it on sale kind of seems like a missed opportunity to celebrate the Old Blood coming out.

The End

Anyone know if there are any sales going on for Wolfenstein The New Order for PC? I've wanted to play it, and am trying to find a decently cheap legitimate Steam Key. I was hoping GreenManGaming would have it on sale, or that Steam would make it a midweek madness today to celebrate Old Blood coming out but that's not happening.

Not having it on sale kind of seems like a missed opportunity to celebrate the Old Blood coming out.

If you have PS4/X1 amazon is running a "$15 off TNO with purchase of TOB"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00WIOOTO4/panandscathed-20

so both for $35, basically

There's this steam bundle. $45 USD for both games.

DSmalls84

Does the download size decrease any if you already have wolfenstein:TNO installed? That's like 10% of my monthly cap for one game.

Here is mine.
""A game of distilled shooting action done well and despite some small issues, overall an excellent addition to the fiction."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsyrLgmhGdY

There are secrets from other games all over the damn place. I love it.
Thanx for your review.
I'm buying it anyway because i think they deserve it. But the review hyped me even more. I just love their take on gameplay.
Never played the original - will wait until it pops up in a sale again (why didn't I buy it last time??) unless it's cheap now?

Is it worth waiting before playing this?
You mean tNO or the first game? Because the New Order is a must have imo. The game is really great.

Vidpixel

Yikes, you guys and gals weren't kidding about this first chapter. Talk about a poor first impression, and this is coming from someone who loves The New Order.

Yikes, you guys and gals weren't kidding about this first chapter. Talk about a poor first impression, and this is coming from someone who loves The New Order.

To be fair, I thought TNO's opening turret sequence made an awful first impression even if the rest of that level was ace.

AkuMifune

Banned
To be fair, I thought TNO's opening turret sequence made an awful first impression even if the rest of that level was ace.

True, the opening level in TNO was horrible, and made me think it was going to be a terrible COD clone.

The opening level in this is also horrible, but in a different way. If you could fight those things, fine, but having to spend the first Chapter sneaking around invincible robot guards is not fun for anyone. Seems really tone deaf. Time to Kicking Ass should be reduced by x1000. I'm getting irritated by it only because I want to play more right now.

Top Bottom