• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Takuan said:
Aren't prices bound to decrease as Cata ages, though? In my mind, this is just a natural progression of the virtual economy. Isn't everything ridiculously overpriced now because everyone wants to be among the first to get x task accomplished?

Not in this case.

1) The meta-gem transmute is only unlocked at 525 Alchemy. So no one is making them to skill-up.

2) The big point is that the ONLY market for these raw meta-gems is for JCs to buy them, cut them into specific gems, and re-list. Cutting them doesn't require any materials other than the raw gem, so you can see with 100% transparency how much profit the JC is making.

The raw gems are selling for 650g on my server. The cut ones for 1000 - 1500. So the JCs are making huge profit, off the back of alchemists. If anything, there is room for the price of the metagem to CLIMB. They could be selling for 850 instead of 650 and JCs would still be profiting.

3) The pure raw materials cost of the metagem recipe ensures the "floor" pricing for it is somewhere around 500g for the forseeable future.

Takuan

charlequin said:
That's how you gots to play it in the cutthroat world of WOW Auction Housing. If you don't have a big enough bankroll to control the market and buy out undercutters completely, you just can't rely on being able to sell at reasonable rates. And even then if the undercutters have a bigger bankroll than you, they'll just take your money and use it to price people out of the market elsewhere. That's raw, unbridled fake capitalism for you!
Seriously, it's just like real life. :lol

Yaweee

GDJustin said:
Not in this case.

1) The meta-gem transmute is only unlocked at 525 Alchemy. So no one is making them to skill-up.

2) The big point is that the ONLY market for these raw meta-gems is for JCs to buy them, cut them into specific gems, and re-list. Cutting them doesn't require any materials other than the raw gem, so you can see with 100% transparency how much profit the JC is making.

The raw gems are selling for 650g on my server. The cut ones for 1000 - 1500. So the JCs are making huge profit, off the back of alchemists. If anything, there is room for the price of the metagem to CLIMB. They could be selling for 850 instead of 650 and JCs would still be profiting.

3) The pure raw materials cost of the metagem recipe ensures the "floor" pricing for it is somewhere around 500g for the forseeable future.

Is there any way to use other cooldowns or professions to force the prices down? Could he be gathering more of the materials through regular means rather than just buying them off of the AH? At the end of the day, he's selling them for a price that he feels is profitable or meaningful to him. What it costs you in terms of time and money isn't necessarily the same as what it costs him.

Time is quite valuable. I admit to being an undercutter, as undercutting by 10~20% is sometimes more appealing than losing my deposit and having to re-list.

Evlar

Banned
In my experience JCers aren't likely to be the bulk of your customers... at least, not for long. Those high-price cut metagem listings won't sell well at that price, or sell for long. What happens is: Average Joe player who wants a metagem for their head item prices checks the AH for the cut gems, says "Hell naw" to 1100g, then looks for the raw gems. Noting they're hundreds less, they'll buy whatever is the cheapest current listing then spam Trade for "JC to cut metagem XXX, my mats". The JC will be rewarded a fat 5 gold tip for his skills. In the end it isn't one crafting profession against another, it's both against the disinterested end user who just wants +stats on his gear.

THAT is the eventual reality. Alchemists are in the best position here because you make the essential raw material which is difficult to boycott, and amongst yourselves the Alchemists can control the metagem market; JCers will just be working for tips.

GDJustin

Yaweee said:
Time is quite valuable. I admit to being an undercutter, as undercutting by 10~20% is sometimes more appealing than losing my deposit and having to re-list.

You're part of the problem, then. You're the type of person I am describing. Feel free to undercut. I get undercut all the time - literally every day. But it only is an issue when someone undercuts to such a high degree that they destabilize the entire market for that item.

The guy put up eight gems 150g cheaper than the cheapest. He could have listed them for just 50g cheaper instead and they would have sold just as fast.

In fact, we don't even need to speculate about it. My auction receipts prove it. I relisted his 500g gems for 648, and they all sold within a couple hours.

People that don't pay much attention to the AH do stuff like what you're describing all the time. If something is 50g, they'll list theirs for 40 to "make sure" it sells. But in truth it would have sold just as fast at 49. People buy the cheapest, period.

You make more money this way than you use thanks to lost deposits from expired auctions.

If you are going to list as the cheapest on the AH, it makes no difference if you're a little cheaper or much cheaper. You don't need to "admit" to being an undercutter. We all are. But undercut by 2%, not 10-20%. It is frustrating to see someone sell something for 298g when my 300g auction expires, but I'll take that over a completely unstable market.

Philthy

charlequin said:
That's how you gots to play it in the cutthroat world of WOW Auction Housing. If you don't have a big enough bankroll to control the market and buy out undercutters completely, you just can't rely on being able to sell at reasonable rates. And even then if the undercutters have a bigger bankroll than you, they'll just take your money and use it to price people out of the market elsewhere. That's raw, unbridled fake capitalism for you!

Yep, been this way in every MMO. If you gain that stranglehold, you make your bucks and hang on to it as long as you can. In EQ, I used to buy out every Necromancer spell, no matter the cost, all the mats to make them, everything. I made money hand over fist that was initially financed by selling off a rare item.

Yaweee

GDJustin said:
If you are going to list as the cheapest on the AH, it makes no difference if you're a little cheaper or much cheaper. You don't need to "admit" to being an undercutter. We all are. But undercut by 2%, not 10-20%. It is frustrating to see someone sell something for 298g when my 300g auction expires, but I'll take that over a completely unstable market.

Yes, it does matter. Your entire argument assumes that prices reach some stable price that reflects some actual value, and that anybody that wants the product will go the AH, see the price, and buy the cheapest. But I don't think any server population is that active or consistent. There are always going to be some fluctuations in demand that feed in to the prices that customers are willing to pay at any given moment.

If I'm undercutting by one copper, I can just get undercut by somebody else by another copper, increasing the odds of me losing my deposit and my time. But if I undercut by several gold, I'm more likely to pocket that money now and either spend it on stuff for myself or reinvest it in other money-making endeavors, or at the very least not eat my deposit and have to spend time re-listing.

I think it is foolish to think that WoW servers are going to ever reach a truly stable market. It's not real life; there is no rent, no property taxes, no inescapable and nearly constant cost of living and operating expenditures. Without those factors, there really isn't any stabilizing force for the marketplace except some perceived worth of a player's time, but that changes from person to person.

Flib

Yaweee said:
Yes, it does matter. Your entire argument assumes that prices reach some stable price that reflects some actual value, and that anybody that wants the product will go the AH, see the price, and buy the cheapest. But I don't think any server population is that active or consistent. There are always going to be some fluctuations in demand that feed in to the prices that customers are willing to pay at any given moment.

If I'm undercutting by one copper, I can just get undercut by somebody else by another copper, increasing the odds of me losing my deposit and my time. But if I undercut by several gold, I'm more likely to pocket that money now and either spend it on stuff for myself or reinvest it in other money-making endeavors, or at the very least not eat my deposit and have to spend time re-listing.

I think it is foolish to think that WoW servers are going to ever reach a truly stable market. It's not real life; there is no rent, no property taxes, no inescapable and nearly constant cost of living and operating expenditures. Without those factors, there really isn't any stabilizing force for the marketplace except some perceived worth of a player's time, but that changes from person to person.

That may be true farther in the life of an expansion, but right now it's a complete market explosion of buying. Undercutting by anything more than a trivial amount is stupid.

untitled0mlq.png

Such a fun quest.

GDJustin

Yaweee said:

This is just plain not true. It's true a greater % of auctions will likely expire, costing you (a very tiny) bit more time, but it absolutely will not cost you more money.

Let's say the going rate for an item is 50g. You list for 40g to "ensure" it sells, instead of 49.99. If you were to sell at 49.99, that extra 10g will make up for every failed auction you're likely to encounter, and then some. Now spread out that extra gold across *all* your auctions.

Basically what you're saying is you sell things for 10% less than what you could get for them, in order to avoid the chance of losing the 1% listing fee. You can see why this doesn't work out from a $$ perspective.

As for relisting... *shrug*. I do a LOT of AH playing these days, but spend very little time on it. Auctioneer makes it easy.

1) Put item into 'post' tab.
2) Tell Auctioneer to undercut the cheapest by 1%.
3) Change listing time to 12 or 24 hours (anything longer is a waste of $ if you're the cheapest listing)

I can post 50+ items in this way very very quickly.

V_Arnold

AH basics, like thre most fundamental thing is: you do not undercut your competitors by 1 copper. It is not how it works.

That will only make you lucky if after you place it, someone pops right in and tries to buy it. But if anyone else more active than you (let us face it, to us "ordinary folks", some AH sharks are just online too much. Almost like 24/7), they will play the undercut game with you, or someone new will join in who wants to just get rid of the stuffs which you plan on selling for profit.

The way this works:
1) You cut by several real percentage, up the the lowest point when you still have some profit on it
2) You put the item for EXACTLY the same price as your competitors. The prices will stabilize that way.

This works for the majority of stuff sold in WOW. I played the AH shark for like 2 months, when I started with like 1000~ gold on Stormscale, on a hunter, and 450 lw, then started farming for exactly ONE crafted bracer/breastplate's amount of leather (5-10 min daily), and selling it. There were competitors. Thing is, crafters, even by buying ALL The mats out of the AH, could generate a profit of 50-450g easily. It all depended if Frozen Orb, Arctic Fur and eternals were on a low or a high price. Dozens of items were made, sometimes I bought very cheap stacks of arctic fur to let the items "sit" inside the AH, and when there was a higher activity, made a lot of profit later on.

It was awesome. And there always was some annoying brat who JUST wanted to cut below me by a 1 copper. I usually responded by cutting a lot of golds into thet. Why? To see how far he will go to lower the price. I could even buy out HIS stuff, and put it back overpriced. The majority of little competitors came from people creating these items to level LW, not to make money on them.

Damn, those were the times. I ended up having Quel Dalar, all epic 232/245/251 stuff without raiding, fastest mount speed, AND 9k gold. Oh, and still there is a lot of leather in the bank. :D

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
How difficult is the 5 man halls of reflection quest? I feel like I'll be geared up enough from cat a soon to attempt the 5 man icc runs in dungeon finder. Worth it?

GDJustin

I mentioned a while back that I'm in the top raiding guild on my server, but as a non-raiding guild friend. I happily questing to 84 last night, hanging out in gchat, and I didn't even know that our guild was officially starting raids:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/alleria

Now I feel silly, ha. I feel like I should know more about what my own guild is up to.

Are heroics anything like they were at 70? Remotely difficult and actually had to pay attention rather then the stupidly easy stuff at 80? I am contemplating coming back to Azeroth.

Damn, we need a separate thread to expose the seedy under belly of WoW's Auction House. :lol

I had no idea that AH was this crazy. But I always wonder why I see level 20 blues going for hundreds of gold...

Yaweee

Re: AH

Prices are already dropping drastically. Sold many, manyf Obsidium Bars for ~43g each a few days ago, undercutting the 44or45.something prices by a few percent, then rebought a whole bunch today for ~21g to level my engineering.

nastynate409 said:
Are heroics anything like they were at 70? Remotely difficult and actually had to pay attention rather then the stupidly easy stuff at 80? I am contemplating coming back to Azeroth.

The general consensus yes, to the point of quite a fair bit of bitching. See: Yoshichan's semi-meltdown/cursing-at-Blizzard.

Ferrio

Banned
nastynate409 said:

Deadmines on heroic is quite quite nasty.

Ferrio said:
Deadmines on heroic is quite quite nasty.
Woah, they made heroic versions of old dungeons? Please tell me there is heroic SM?

Glad to hear they are putting some of the challenge back. Wrath made heroics and dungeons a complete bore to run, and as someone who doesn't have time to raid, I was bored out of my mind.

Ferrio

Banned
nastynate409 said:
Woah, they made heroic versions of old dungeons? Please tell me there is heroic SM?

Glad to hear they are putting some of the challenge back. Wrath made heroics and dungeons a complete bore to run, and as someone who doesn't have time to raid, I was bored out of my mind.

Only it and Shadowfang keep.

Deadmines is epic in it's fights and the end boss.

GDJustin

Reluctant-Hero said:
Damn, we need a separate thread to expose the seedy under belly of WoW's Auction House. :lol

I had no idea that AH was this crazy. But I always wonder why I see level 20 blues going for hundreds of gold...

Low-level blues and greens sell on the AH because people leveling enchanting are buying them to DE and gain skillups/mats.

Other than that, it is key to remember that a listing price is not a selling price. Someone might get some world drop and list it on the AH for 800g or something nuts, but that doesn't mean it is being sold.

Last point - Auctioneer has an addon that will tell you the "market price" of an item based on past history. It is incredibly handy. But people try to "game" this, too. Someone on my server keeps listing Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops Recipe for 50,000g over and over. After they do this about ~10 times and someone's Auctioneer has scanned it ~10 times, that person will then relist for 10,000g. Auctioneer will then blare at someone that this item is listed at 20% of its value and should be bought to relist immediately.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
charlequin said:
There is a bit more too it if you really want to control it. Undercutters are probably the best way to acquire cheap supply. When you enter, take notes on who the big buyers, what times they update at, when do large supplies of the item you wish to monopolize comes on, etc. Basically figure out when it is busy time. Right before busy time, drop the price as low as you can. Undercut everyone(A price were they feel the reward isn't there to buy up your stock, but still high enough to sell their's), so once the other large sellers get on. They'll list their price lower(or a bit higher than yours depending on how much you put on). Buy everything up. Normally this would last a few days, where I'd just keep buying shit up. And eventually the price goes back up since your hogging the supply. It gets easier over time, since the more bank you have, the more you can store.

It also depends on the item you use. For WOTLK, I started out with Frostweave. Quite possibly the most common one but people needed a shit load. Eventually expanded to Imbuned Frostweave, then over to Enchanting with the Greater and Dust. Never went after anything difficult to make or create, just common ones since there was a lot more trade going on for them. Small profit margins and a lot more sellers(Specifically ones who would take bait) and allowed me to create shortages :lol

shintoki said:
It gets easier over time, since the more bank you have, the more you can store.

I was a master of this back when I was playing during Vanilla, and everyone would constantly ask me what class my "main" was because I was a level 40 strutting around in world drop purples. This week my wife told me to try to sell all her random herbs and world drops for her and I realized how out of practice I was. :lol

mclem

nastynate409 said:

Maybe I've got rose-tinted spectacles - or maybe it's because I was a paladin tank who laughed in the face of Shattered Halls - but I think the current heroics are categorically *harder* than TBC ones.

Having said that, it may just be the ones I've rolled so far. Got Vortex Pinnacle today, and didn't wipe much at all.

Had our first successful raid of the expansion, in as far as Baradin's Hold counts. We're not going to make serious attempts at the proper raids until the new year, because Christmas is looming, but it was still a good run and a healthy test. 5 seconds after enrage, in the end, so certainly scope for improvement.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
charlequin said:
I was a master of this back when I was playing during Vanilla, and everyone would constantly ask me what class my "main" was because I was a level 40 strutting around in world drop purples. This week my wife told me to try to sell all her random herbs and world drops for her and I realized how out of practice I was. :lol
It's not lack of practice, but just lack of info. Once you get all the info needed, it's just slowly building up the bank again. Till you eventually have that pushing power.

Also I never bought purples for my ults. Novelty Pets mate. I lost tens of thousands to them. I buy groups to not roll on the rare ones, offer sums 2-3 times against normal for the rare ones. I left during a middle of a Naxx boss to get my Baby Blizzard Bear when someone mentioned Blizzard was giving them out. I fucking loved Pets. >_<. It gets worse too, I actually paid people during raids to keep Speedy out. I didn't own him yet since I started up after Children's Week =[

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
GDJustin said:
As people reading this topic know, I've been playing the AH a lot since Cata dropped. One thing I'm *really* beginning to hate is people that price items irresponsibly low. Not high, but *low*.

Example:

The Cataclysm metagem, Shadowspirit Diamond, has been consistently selling for 650g, on my server. I've sold probably ~10 at this price, so I know they move at this range. The recipe is BARELY profitable, at this price. Some days you'll make ~200g on the recipe, which is totally healthy, but you have to invest 1100g to make that 200, and there's no guarantees. Other days you break even.

So I list 4 of them at 648g - normal.

I come back and check later, and someone has listed EIGHT at 500g. Now, I don't mind being undercut - that is business. But this isn't the same. This behavior is harmful to all high-level alchemists server-wide. I bought up all eight and relisted at my price of 648g. Not because I'm a dick, but because I have a vested interest in this recipe remaining profitable for my profession.

Now, maybe the guy has a source for the materials needed to create the recipe, so he wants to price his metagems to move, since they cost him less to make. Fine. But he could have easily listed his metagems at 600g or even 620g, and they would have sold just as quickly. That's what I mean about irresponsibly low pricing.

Eight was flooding the market - there are only 25 being sold on the entire server. 500g helps no one - you get 200g less profit than you would have, you make alchemy less viable as a profession, and you're just putting more money in a JC's pocket.

I'm ALL ABOUT pricing ruthlessness, but people need to follow the market.

Edit: For the record, I've already resold six of the eight metagems I relisted, earning me 600g in pure profit after all fees. But I don't even care about the profit. I care about buyers getting used to paying 650 for the metagem, not 500. It would be disastrous for all alchemists if too many buyers "held off" on paying 650 because they know they pop up for 500 regularly.
as a chronic undercutter i gotta say frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn.

my typical rule of thumb is to list the item for +1 gold more than what the AH auto-suggests (this ensures a profit over vendoring whatever it is) and set the buyout price as 10-50% gold less than other people's STARTING price for the item. of course there are some exceptions, but that's my typical strategy.

if AH tycoons buy up my undercut items and relist at their price, more power to them, i really don't mind. as long as i've made a profit.

i literally don't give a shit if i could be making MORE gold, i just want to sell as much crap as I can with the least amount of effort and move on. if stuff doesn't sell on the AH i just vendor it anyway to reduce the loss. i want to minimise how often i have to waste time collecting my mail from failed auctions only to vendor it anyway, so i ensure whatever i put on the AH sells.

if that screws up other people's market and they don't have the bankroll to buyout the undercutters...

not-my-problem.jpg

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
You're hurting the economy as a whole by doing that, Scrow. Not cool, dude.

I'm pretty bad at the AH these days. If I ever get a green drop that doesn't work for me I just merchant the item. Same with blues but I rarely get them. Epics I usually send to my friend to figure it out now as I have no idea if people use anything besides BoA gear.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
VGChampion said:
I'm pretty bad at the AH these days. If I ever get a green drop that doesn't work for me I just merchant the item. Same with blues but I rarely get them.
shouldn't vendor green or blue items. there's always an enchanter who needs to make materials and will buy for more gold than you can get from a vendor.

EekTheKat

People are scary bad at this game.

:lol "Kingslayers" Wotlk really did a whole lot of damage to the overall level of play.

To be a little more specific, I find Cata to be more of a group effort, where instead of playing to be "top dps" and wipe over and over again the player who can multi task tend to be more successful in more encounters.

Numbers do not tell the whole story.

NeoCross

First time I randomned in stonecore these guys at the beginning of the dungeon just rushed out and aoe'd like it's WotlK. I immediately ran out of the instance the moment they did that and just lol'd in disgust as they died :lol

EekTheKat

Yup, I get a lot of shit thrown at me by other dps in random heroic queues for my somewhat lower dps on trash pulls because I don't AE packs of elites anymore.

that and I do a fair share of fear stunning and horror intercepting any loose mobs. Mitigating damage vs. tanks goes a long way on some pulls.

Some druid gave me shit a while back for not using a mob's "Randomly target shit and spam lightning bolt" ability. Ignoring the fact that in Cata Mind Control is severely nerfed compared to previous expansions, asking your priest to hit a button that's essentially marked "wipe group/break all CC" is a really, really terrible idea.

Also, WOTLK pretty much trained people to nerd rage and laugh at a person's failure in a group, instead of looking at the bigger picture and trying to fix/mend the problem through other means.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I spent about an hour killing level 6 dragonhawks outside of Silvermoon for Small Eggs this morning. I ended up with eleven and a half stacks and sold them in stacks of five for 45G each. Only one stack didn't sell so that equals just over 2000G for doing sod all :lol I love lazy, rich players and the madness brought on by WoW world events.

Scrow said:

my typical rule of thumb is to list the item for +1 gold more than what the AH auto-suggests (this ensures a profit over vendoring whatever it is) and set the buyout price as 10-50% gold less than other people's STARTING price for the item. of course there are some exceptions, but that's my typical strategy.

if AH tycoons buy up my undercut items and relist at their price, more power to them, i really don't mind. as long as i've made a profit.

i literally don't give a shit if i could be making MORE gold, i just want to sell as much crap as I can with the least amount of effort and move on. if stuff doesn't sell on the AH i just vendor it anyway to reduce the loss. i want to minimise how often i have to waste time collecting my mail from failed auctions only to vendor it anyway, so i ensure whatever i put on the AH sells.

if that screws up other people's market and they don't have the bankroll to buyout the undercutters...

Pretty much this. I don't want to maximize profits, I just want GOLD.

shintoki said:
It's not lack of practice, but just lack of info.

That's certainly true. I thought I remembered there being good database sites with auction house results for every server when I was playing years ago, but right now all those sites suck. :/

Also I never bought purples for my ults. Novelty Pets mate.

I was buying purples for my main. :lol At the time the hatchlings were pretty much the only novelty pets available and they still took up an item slot if you wanted to keep them around. Nowadays I'd do things differently.

EekTheKat said:
Yup, I get a lot of shit thrown at me by other dps in random heroic queues for my somewhat lower dps on trash pulls because I don't AE packs of elites anymore.

I am terrified of reregging and trying BC, WoTLK and Cataclysm because of this very sentence. What does it mean? I have some money right now and I want to start WoW again.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Scrow said:

reggie.jpg

This is how I approach the Auction House too. I don't play that much so I like for whatever I'm selling to do so over the space of a day or the weekend, without the need for me to relist or even vendor anything. I may be making less gold than others but I still do alright.

dmwj29.jpg

EekTheKat

James Woods said:
I am terrified of reregging and trying BC, WoTLK and Cataclysm because of this very sentence. What does it mean? I have some money right now and I want to start WoW again.

If you're a healer or a tank, bring 4 friends you know that are

1. Good people, won't get angry at the first wipe.
2. Willing to learn and adjust their respective playstyles.
3. Willing to turn off the damage meter and focus on controlling the encounter.
4. Do whatever job has to be done in a fight to win.

If you have a high tolerance for stress, finger pointing, and playing the blame game instead of doing dungeons, then queue a random by yourself. The sheer number of "I'm better than you because I killed the Lich King" types is mind boggling.

What a lot of people are missing is Blizzard gave a lot of trash mobs special abilities intended on making life difficult for people to AE them. Lots of mobs have insta cast AE abilities or would randomly target someone else for a nuke instead of just focusing exclusively on a tank, making it extremely stressful for healers (who would go through a full mana bar on each pull trying to keep a poor group together).

For the record, I have killed the Lich King as well, but I run around with titles disabled and generally hate to talk about past achievements.

James Woods said:

It means they're DUNGEONS again. It'll be relatively familiar to what you left.

Kintaco

I got my worgen druid out of Gilneas and now I'm wondering where to level him further. I was dumped off at Darkshore, but I was wondering which would be a better place to lvl, the Eastern Kingdom or Kalimdor, by better I mean cooler (changes from vanilla and lorewise.)

EekTheKat

SatelliteOfLove said:
It means they're DUNGEONS again. It'll be relatively familiar to what you left.

The actual encounters are much more diverse than previous expansions. Questing is also fairly epic due to some of the cutscenes they managed to put in.

It has less to do with the graphics but more to do with what's happening in them. It actually makes the lore of the game feel stronger instead of just being another mindless treadmill.

It's the shitty people that takes all the fun out of it.

RPGCrazied

I still don't see how people got to 85 so quickly, my god. I've been playing pretty actively since getting Cataclysm, and I'm only 83 1/2. I only play maybe 4 hours a day, maybe thats why.

RPGCrazied said:
I still don't see how people got to 85 so quickly, my god. I've been playing pretty actively since getting Cataclysm, and I'm only 83 1/2. I only play maybe 4 hours a day, maybe thats why.

It took me less than six hours to get halfway to level 83...are you doing instances?

RPGCrazied

cuevas said:
It took me less than six hours to get halfway to level 83...are you doing instances?

Nope, I'm questing. I did all of Vash'ir, I'm at 110 quests in Hyjal. I haven't been to any of the other zones yet. I've amassed almost 2k gold in just vendoring off quest greens, and quest gold. Its easy to get gold now, like it was hard before, but wow.

RPGCrazied said:
Nope, I'm questing. I did all of Vash'ir, I'm at 110 quests in Hyal. I haven't been to any of the other zones yet. I've amassed almost 2k gold in just vendoring off quest greens, and quest gold. Its easy to get gold now, like it was hard before, but wow.

Pretty much everyone I know did either Vashjr or Hyjal, not both.

Yaweee

RPGCrazied said:
I'm a quest whore. :) Also, I want the zone achievements and experience the lore.

At the expense of your leveling rate. Quests in Uldum (where you could be now) give 47k or 57k each, or more for special ones.

GDJustin

RPGCrazied said:
I'm a quest whore. :) Also, I want the zone achievements and experience the lore.

But you can always go back. To hit 85 I did Hyjal, then half of Deepholm. Dinged 83, and did half of Uldum. Dinged 84, then went to Twilight Highlands. You get muuuuuch more XP for quests and mobs.

It's not like the other zones are going where. I didn't even drop my quests. I can go back and pick up right where I left off.

notsol337

marked forever
So I found a pretty awesome spot to be a terrible person in Hyjal. At the Shrine of Goldrinn, there are a few pillars. I have a fire mage, and I stood on the pillar closest to the quest givers and I killed level 80 alliance on their flying mounts while the guards just stood there. Anyone that shot back at me got killed by the guards. As long as you stay in the center of the pillar, you're ok. Deathknights can't even death grip you down, but you need to be wary of other ranged on the other pillars. I eventually got blown up by a warlock.

Still, pretty funny and several of the alliance on Stormreaver switched to horde alts to call me names!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom