• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Lomax

Is there a minimum amount of score you need from the Withered Training for a shot at the mount? I'm exalted on a character and if I can just start the scenario and bail that'd be awesome.

I believe you need to get the "biggest" chest, which requires 375 points. That said, they all have the same name, so it may not matter. Please let us know if you start doing it by just bailing and manage to get anything (toys, mount, or appearances). I'm still farming my prot pally hidden appearance and I'd love to be able to just bail if I knew for sure there was the same drop chance.

Mupod

Teeming/Skittish/Fortified Court +11 is probably a nightmare right?

not at all. Court afaik only gets one bad pull with Teeming, namely the one where it adds an extra one of those inquisitor chucklefucks with the eyeballs. You do NOT want Tyrannical in Court of Stars as it could make the end boss impossible if your DPS isn't crazy geared. Or if you get bad RNG on the buff items. Court is easily my favorite instance so I wouldn't mind getting it as our +12 this week.

The worst Teeming dungeons are Arcway and Neltharion's Lair. Others like Halls, Darkheart, or Black Rook only have 1-2 really bad pulls with Teeming.

And yeah our group is melee-heavy. Our cat druid died about 30 times last night because he wouldn't listen to me and let up on the DPS for a few seconds at the start of pulls. He also constantly switches targets to apply bleeds so I basically have to focus target him and try to spam taunt on whatever he's attacking. Sometimes I hate DPS players.

Robin64

Mischief is up.

Trying to work out if the town in the trailer is a real place in WoW, but I don't think it is?

wowscrnshot_120216_19y1sva.png

Xeteh

I believe you need to get the "biggest" chest, which requires 375 points. That said, they all have the same name, so it may not matter. Please let us know if you start doing it by just bailing and manage to get anything (toys, mount, or appearances). I'm still farming my prot pally hidden appearance and I'd love to be able to just bail if I knew for sure there was the same drop chance.

I ended up getting 400 because my Shaman is one of my best geared characters so if I want to just take the lazy route I can do it on something less equipped to handle Dro. I'll let you know if I get anything decent.

vocab

Are the mythic dungeons quests vital to progress the games story? As I am scared to do them D:

You talking about balance of power? It has a bunch of lore. Also dont feel scared to do mythic 0. People are over geared for it by miles and are just gunning through them. Hop on for the free ride.

Are the mythic dungeons quests vital to progress the games story? As I am scared to do them D:
Baseline / +0 mythics are easy and have no time limit. As long as people play smart, you won't have a problem doing them.

The biggest issue is just getting a group together. I'm an 870 Outlaw Rogue and I still get turned down, but that can be for countless reasons.

You're always better off just starting a group yourself and letting people know you're new to Mythic runs in the description.

v1perz53

I hate skittish as a tank, but if you have mostly ranged dps it's prob not too terrible. Melee dps + skittish is totally shit though.

Tell your melee to stop being idiots and give you 5 second head start on each pull, really diminishes the effect of skittish. Though for some reason, melee absolutely cannot stand the idea of waiting even 2 seconds, even when they die 10 times in the run... I think Bear is still considered lowest threat of all the tanks, but once I sucked it up and just kept a Pure Power on me basically the whole time and forced my melee to wait on pulls skittish was easier than overflowing for us. I also had to swap to a 15 ilvl lower 10% Thrash damage relic which sucked, but it worked so what can you do.

The worst Teeming dungeons are Arcway and Neltharion's Lair. Others like Halls, Darkheart, or Black Rook only have 1-2 really bad pulls with Teeming.

And yeah our group is melee-heavy. Our cat druid died about 30 times last night because he wouldn't listen to me and let up on the DPS for a few seconds at the start of pulls. He also constantly switches targets to apply bleeds so I basically have to focus target him and try to spam taunt on whatever he's attacking. Sometimes I hate DPS players.

God Nelth's lair teeming/fortified... We had our holy paladin go repentence for the first time ever so we could 2x CC the 4 pelter pull. I also am not a fan at all of VotW on fortified in general, luckily the hard pulls are all the mini-bosses and they don't get affected by teeming much.

And our WW is a lot like your druid, it seems he has some disorder that causes him extreme agony if he isn't DPSing every second he can be.. But luckily he is poor so I just mentioned that he would have to use less Defiled runes if he waited on pulls, and that seemed to work. I guess I understand from a feral druid though, they already have such a tough time performing well on trash in Mythic+ that he probably wants all the head start he can get to not feel like weighing the group down. At least with Fortified things might live long enough for bleeds to do some work.

Xeteh

After playing a Frost DK going to an Assassination Rogue (while still really fun) means dealing with multiple mobs is a total chore.

M.D

Was I in a coma for 2 days? I suddenly have Wardens and Nightfallen emissary quests, one with 6 hours and the other for an entire day

Strimei

Was I in a coma for 2 days? I suddenly have Wardens and Nightfallen emissary quests, one with 6 hours and the other for an entire day

I've noticed a few times that my emissary notification bar thing doesn't always load, particularly if I'm not actually on the isles/map that's located kinda in the isles (i.e. my monk's order hall). Wardens was indeed up a few days ago and then Nightfallen, and then Kirin Tor today.

TheYanger

re: withered chest, as far as people know it drops the same shit no matter what you get, but it has a huge drop chance modifier based on how good the chest is. I just always run through to the end for ~550 points (ignore side rooms in the first part since they suck) and you definitely get the toys and shit out of the big one.

The mount can surely drop fom any chest since it comes from legitimately any suramar activity, just rare.

Strimei

re: withered chest, as far as people know it drops the same shit no matter what you get, but it has a huge drop chance modifier based on how good the chest is. I just always run through to the end for ~550 points (ignore side rooms in the first part since they suck) and you definitely get the toys and shit out of the big one.

The mount can surely drop fom any chest since it comes from legitimately any suramar activity, just rare.

I had heard that the main score to hit was 400, anything beyond doesn't really matter.

As I have three characters to run through it I don't bother doing too much now.

cdyhybrid

I had heard that the main score to hit was 400, anything beyond doesn't really matter.

As I have three characters to run through it I don't bother doing too much now.
That is true in terms of maximizing rep gain - unsure if it means anything for other stuff.

Ayumi

I'm surprised to see that the name Legendary holds true in WoW, unlike Diablo 3, where Legendary = Common. (No complaints though- different games anyway.)

Lomax

I really just wish they'd come out and give us the actual facts about the hidden appearances now. I mean, if 600+ points would help me get my prot appearance, I'd do it every time. But if it's the same chance if I get 1 point, it would save me an hour+ every week to just bail instantly each time until I finally get a lucky roll.

Strimei

That is true in terms of maximizing rep gain - unsure if it means anything for other stuff.

Ah.

Well I absolutely hate the circular room with all the elites and fighting my way up the constant stream of spider hatchlings so meh I'll just hit 400 and give up anyway.

Speaking of rep though, I REALLY wish the tokens from that, and the reward tokens from the Kirin Tor emissary, were account bound. I have zero use for them on my main, I'm exalted with everyone. I'd love to send these to my alts.

Or at least make them worth some gold.

Chris R

99% done with pathfinder part 1, just need to do the mythic dungeon portion of the Sumuar stuff... guess I should start running dungeons anyways, just nervous that I'd fuck it up tanking :( 843 just from world quests though, still waiting on my orange to drop.

Ayumi

Diablo 3 would be a godawful game if legendaries were as rare on there as they are in WoW.
I mean, they were when introduced, but mostly because all Rares were better so all the new Legs were terrible.

Anyway, I'm interested to learn about Legs and Artifacts in WoW, they're new to me since I've been gone for so long. Been reading up a lot!

Lain

The 2 free emissary quests were nice, which I guess came from blizzard wiping people's emissary quests from the past days?

Like The Wind quests got a tweak, now you fall down slowly, making it a bit less annoying.

Strimei

The 2 free emissary quests were nice, which I guess came from blizzard wiping people's emissary quests from the past days?

Like The Wind quests got a tweak, now you fall down slowly, making it a bit less annoying.

You also seem to be drawn to the platforms (if there is one present for the one you're doing), which is nice.

Son1x

Got my second legendary on my main today. Resto druid ring in Nightfallen Emissary Cache. I now have legendaries on both finger slots.

Tarazet

I mean, they were when introduced, but mostly because all Rares were better so all the new Legs were terrible.

Anyway, I'm interested to learn about Legs and Artifacts in WoW, they're new to me since I've been gone for so long. Been reading up a lot!

Also, Diablauction House was a shit minigame. It's nice that at least the WoW versions have set stats so that you know what to expect out of the item when you get it. The difference between a bad Skorn and a great one was thousands of dollars.

99% done with pathfinder part 1, just need to do the mythic dungeon portion of the Sumuar stuff... guess I should start running dungeons anyways, just nervous that I'd fuck it up tanking :( 843 just from world quests though, still waiting on my orange to drop.

You don't need to do those quests for Sumaritan or Pathfinder. I still have them up on my main with Pathfinder.

uzit88

Baseline / +0 mythics are easy and have no time limit. As long as people play smart, you won't have a problem doing them.

The biggest issue is just getting a group together. I'm an 870 Outlaw Rogue and I still get turned down, but that can be for countless reasons.

You're always better off just starting a group yourself and letting people know you're new to Mythic runs in the description.

You talking about balance of power? It has a bunch of lore. Also dont feel scared to do mythic 0. People are over geared for it by miles and are just gunning through them. Hop on for the free ride.

Thanks guys,

One of my biggest anxieties are having to get a group together and then being rejected. I played vanilla wow where you stood around in capital city in chat looking for people for group. I guess I gotta grow a pair and start looking!!

Will do it tonight !

TheContact

For anyone who's familiar with artifact knowledge..does it apply server wide or account-wide? I ask because I have a lvl 110 warlock with some decent artifact knowledge, and when I went to play my lvl 100 shaman on another server, I was getting the initial artifact power, is that because the shaman isn't lvl 110?

Tamanon

Banned
For anyone who's familiar with artifact knowledge..does it apply server wide or account-wide? I ask because I have a lvl 110 warlock with some decent artifact knowledge, and when I went to play my lvl 100 shaman on another server, I was getting the initial artifact power, is that because the shaman isn't lvl 110?

Nope it's only applicable to the individual character. Not for alts.

Son1x

You will be able to buy up to 10 AK with garrison resource in 7.1.5 though, so that should help.

Been playing arenas a bit today with my druid and realized I actualy have less hp in them. Kinda shitty when I see other classes like frost dks getting over 20% hp boost while I literally lose it.

TheYanger

You will be able to buy up to 10 AK with garrison resource in 7.1.5 though, so that should help.

Been playing arenas a bit today with my druid and realized I actualy have less hp in them. Kinda shitty when I see other classes like frost dks getting over 20% hp boost while I literally lose it.

You can buy them in batches of 5 as long as you're past that point on your main more importantly. This goes all the way to 20. My guy on the ptr can buy 1-15 for 1k resources for any alt.

Lomax

God, I never realized how much I missed burning rush being baseline until I ran a dungeon where literally everyone else in there had some way to burst speed between pulls and I just fell farther and farther behind.

v1perz53

God, I never realized how much I missed burning rush being baseline until I ran a dungeon where literally everyone else in there had some way to burst speed between pulls and I just fell farther and farther behind.

Burning Rush was never baseline, it was added in MoP and it was a talent in both MoP and WoD. I guess it just had less competition then in its row, though they did fix it a bunch by moving it to a separate row from Demonic Circle. It does suck not having movement increasing effects in general though on any class, especially when playing my Holy Pal, not having a way to catch up to a speedy DH or War tank unless I bank all my horse charges.

Unless you were talking about something besides warlock's burning rush and I totally misunderstood you?

Indulge me for a second - I thought Algalon left Azeroth after Ulduar? But once you get all the Wrath battle pets you can fight him outside Ulduar in a pet battle. Why don't we ask him to send out a message to other Constellar to help us fight the Legion or some shit, aren't they about as strong as the Watchers? Or have him send a message to the Titan Pantheon
I mean Chronicle says they are dead but does anybody know that

It was never baseline, it just never had any competition. But yes its literally our only movement speed burst, it should be baseline ffs.

v1perz53

Man, it is a little sad to me to see a post that says "It's incredible how many people still don't understand how Skittish works" on reddit, which subsequently totally explains Skittish incorrectly. Then followed by 20 replies, all which also describe Skittish incorretly, but all being totally sure they are right. One person (with several upvotes) even described skittish as a "reverse taunt" where first and second place on aggro were swapped, and he was so sure he was correct.

I can understand people not knowing how it works, it isn't clear at all. But being so positive about it while being so wrong is confusing to me.

erawsd

Indulge me for a second - I thought Algalon left Azeroth after Ulduar? But once you get all the Wrath battle pets you can fight him outside Ulduar in a pet battle. Why don't we ask him to send out a message to other Constellar to help us fight the Legion or some shit, aren't they about as strong as the Watchers? Or have him send a message to the Titan Pantheon
I mean Chronicle says they are dead but does anybody know that

Id guess that pet battles are non canon, like the Brawlers guild.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How do I turn on numerical timers on Weakauras? THey got removed in the patch and never bothered to figure out how to turn them. I tried googling around today and could not find anything about it and I don't see any new option that could turn them back on.

TheYanger

How do I turn on numerical timers on Weakauras? THey got removed in the patch and never bothered to figure out how to turn them. I tried googling around today and could not find anything about it and I don't see any new option that could turn them back on.
Wherever the text field is for a weak aura should have the list of what tags do what. %p in them should give you timers, not sure what you did but nothing changed with WA =/

Top Bottom