• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wherever the text field is for a weak aura should have the list of what tags do what. %p in them should give you timers, not sure what you did but nothing changed with WA =/

What I did was update to the newest version, a lot of the streamers that I watch also had their timers removed, too.

[edit]

Found the problem, some options got disabled with the update.

Faiz

Indulge me for a second - I thought Algalon left Azeroth after Ulduar? But once you get all the Wrath battle pets you can fight him outside Ulduar in a pet battle. Why don't we ask him to send out a message to other Constellar to help us fight the Legion or some shit, aren't they about as strong as the Watchers? Or have him send a message to the Titan Pantheon
I mean Chronicle says they are dead but does anybody know that

Re spoiler
i could have sworn that was revealed to Khadgar in his storyline in Legion early on.

Rokam

They need to add some sort of prevention in LFR to stop people from pulling a boss before people are in the zone. Someone pulled something in the first tunnel in EN, half the raid got in combat, the other half ran to Illgynoth and killed him. No quest credit and now have to queue for this dumbshit again... for the third time.

Lomax

You sure? I just need 3 more quest chapters and one is the light bringer, other two look like they require heroics and mythic?

Yeah, oddly enough the mythics are optional but you do have to kill Xavius, though you can do that in LFR.

You sure? I just need 3 more quest chapters and one is the light bringer, other two look like they require heroics and mythic?

If you are wanting to complete the (good) sumarian storyline, you need to get Revered +7000 rep for the last quests to open up, the dungeon quests are optional..

ch0mp

Burning Rush was never baseline, it was added in MoP and it was a talent in both MoP and WoD. I guess it just had less competition then in its row, though they did fix it a bunch by moving it to a separate row from Demonic Circle. It does suck not having movement increasing effects in general though on any class, especially when playing my Holy Pal, not having a way to catch up to a speedy DH or War tank unless I bank all my horse charges.

Unless you were talking about something besides warlock's burning rush and I totally misunderstood you?
It may as well have been, the other two talents on that row were essentially pvp talents.

All this time I've been clicking the warlock class hall portal to get in it, always clicking multiple times.

Today I learned you're supposed to just walk into it.

edit:

Goal 3: Don’t lower player power. This is a key part of the overall strategy that isn’t yet complete. Right now, on the PTR, player power is definitely down a few percent compared to live. The next build will have changes that increase the total amount of stats given by all items above level 800 to account for this gap, such that the overall power of your equipped items should be about the same (if not slightly higher) than it is currently in 7.1.

Thats good I suppose. Also the artifact knowledge prices are SUPER low, I love it.

Never thought I'd be looking forward to hitting WoD PVE but at level 80 on my mage this Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdom exploration/quest achievement grind is kind of wearing thin with less than half of Kalimdor left to wrap up the Vanilla questing zones.

Tarazet

Never thought I'd be looking forward to hitting WoD PVE but at level 80 on my mage this Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdom exploration/quest achievement grind is kind of wearing thin with less than half of Kalimdor left to wrap up the Vanilla questing zones.

Loremaster is a lonely road, my friend. I did it during the doldrums, the lowest of the low points with WoD last year. I wouldn't want to be doing it right now, unless I already had tapped out all Legion has to offer (which is a lot).

A guildmate of mine way back in the day was 2 quests off Kalimdor loremaster (back in WotLK when it was just a vague 'complete x quests in Kalimdor') and 3 or 4 quests off Eastern Kingdoms loremaster when Cataclysm came out and lost all his progress. I remember him desperately running around the day of Cata's launch trying to find those quests and just degenerating into an angry, swearing mess up until an hour before server shutdown, when he realised that even if he found the quests he wouldn't be able to finish them in time.

Skeletos311

I love The Vortex Pinnacle, where everyone forgets to get into the triangle with the last boss and then proceeds to die.

I love how everyone stands at the beginning of End Time not doing jack shit until someone tells them to click the thing.

sora87

Good lord, this ending to the priest campaign thing... collect 150 of these, 50 of these, 50 of these, do 20 of this. How utterly lazy. Doubt I'll finish it now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Good lord, this ending to the priest campaign thing... collect 150 of these, 50 of these, 50 of these, do 20 of this. How utterly lazy. Doubt I'll finish it now.

You should have most of those things by just leveling, unless you vendored and AH'd everything.

Strimei

You should have most of those things by just leveling, unless you vendored and AH'd everything.

To be fair, the portion that asks you to collect supplies, one of the three options is stacks of starlight roses.

Chances are pretty slim you'd get enough of those while leveling, since they're Suramar-only and have that annoying dust thing until you get better.

Anyway, man I have completely lost interest in doing this Soul-prism of the Illidari quest. I'm sitting at 23 of 80 still. Ugh.

I love The Vortex Pinnacle, where everyone forgets to get into the triangle with the last boss and then proceeds to die.

Every time Vortex Pinacle shows up on my priest I bring up recount to decide which DPS to life-grip into the triangle. You have to leave it really late though, because 90% of the time a life-gripped dps will just run his ass straight back out of the safe area.

Ark

After a couple weeks of replacing the dead-weight in our raid team, we finally downed Ursoc mythic tonight. Got the Unbridled Fury trinket warforged to 895, but it's total shit for me as a prot warrior ;_; Oh well.

We're quite a few weeks behind the curve on Mythic, but hopefully now we can start making some real progress. Dragons up next :D

Loremaster is a lonely road, my friend. I did it during the doldrums, the lowest of the low points with WoD last year. I wouldn't want to be doing it right now, unless I already had tapped out all Legion has to offer (which is a lot).

Couldn't settle on a main/faction/server for Legion quick enough and for whatever reason doing Loremaster on this mage was what clicked.

Once I get Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms done on this Mage, I'll do Dreanor's PVE, which should be super quick with flying and then get into Legion. By then the catch-up mechanics for AK and AP should be in and it won't be so bad catching up with leveling artifacts. Also when I'm bored with Legion's end-game because I don't raid, I'll have TBC, Wrath, Cata and MoP to start fresh. Been playing WoW for two years now, still have yet to complete Cata and MoP's PVE. I really wanna do MoP.

It's kinda been fun finding transmogs, grinding up more obscure reps (like Timbermaw Hold, the Thorium Brotherhood, and Wintersaber Trainers), older recipes from random drops and what not but I can't wait to be done with Kalimdor.

Sarcasm

So I am letting my time run out.

Not because I am bored or the game sucks.

Mainly due to where I live as I can't play with my friends nor find even a steady group.

:-(

Though randoms have proved highly successful I just rather have a steady group.

Strimei

I have come to the realization that my monk's legendary, Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred, has turned me into a masochist.

If you don't know it, its a cloak that buffs Touch of Karma (an ability which redirects damage done to my monk). Normally ToK only redirects 50% of my maximum health in damage done to you. Cenedril buffs it by 150% to 200%. In other words, I can currently take about 4.2 million damage before I die with it active. Of course it does have a short active time (10 seconds) but still, I can take absolutely stupid amounts of damage.

And couple that with my artifact's talent that heals me for any damage redirected, whoo boy.

I feel like Grey Fox.

"I've been waiting for this pain! HURT ME MORE!"

Kard8p3

Can anyone help me figure out why the fuck I can't use my vehicle hotkeys except for "leave vehicle"? I have both evlui and bartender4

I swear they made fishing in open water worse with Legion pre-patch. At the Darkmoon Fair I used to be able to catch actual fish at about skill 50. Even with my fishing rod and hat buffing my skill to 500 I'm still fishing up garbage with every other cast.

Finally caved and tried another Mage spec other than Fire, I actually don't mind Frost. It's a little slower than Fire but I could see myself playing the spec in Legion for the rep boost bonus. I should probably try Lonely Winter for group content to up my damage.

Lomax

I swear they made fishing in open water worse with Legion pre-patch. At the Darkmoon Fair I used to be able to catch actual fish at about skill 50. Even with my fishing rod and hat buffing my skill to 500 I'm still fishing up garbage with every other cast..

They probably nerfed the DMF fishing when they released the mount, even just a couple months ago at very low fishing level I was getting 100% daggermaw every cast.

I swear they made fishing in open water worse with Legion pre-patch. At the Darkmoon Fair I used to be able to catch actual fish at about skill 50. Even with my fishing rod and hat buffing my skill to 500 I'm still fishing up garbage with every other cast.

Finally caved and tried another Mage spec other than Fire, I actually don't mind Frost. It's a little slower than Fire but I could see myself playing the spec in Legion for the rep boost bonus. I should probably try Lonely Winter for group content to up my damage.

I was at level 580, when the daggermaw were dropping reliably(actual level is 380 i was just using the bait).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Zero Kirin Tor quests up when it's one of the dailies. Very impressive.

They probably nerfed the DMF fishing when they released the mount, even just a couple months ago at very low fishing level I was getting 100% daggermaw every cast.

They definitely nerfed open water fishing in the DMF. I fished up hundreds of Daggermaw when leveling a Priest at the tail end of WoD. Past skill 50 every cast was a Daggermaw and every couple was a Bloated Thresher, now at 430 with a 100 buff from a fishing rod and the fishing hat you get from dailies I'm still pulling up junk from every other cast, getting Daggermaw half the time and rarely getting Threshers.

I'll just set a target of 100 a day and should have the mount before this months DMF is over.

spootime

Got my sephuz's secret today on my arms warrior after getting Mannoroths manacles first. Slapped it in my bank where it will stay for the remainder of the expansion. At this point I'm just gonna log on for raids, there's no real point in doing mythic+'s any more since I've got so long to wait until I get my 3rd legendary.

Whats sad is that looking from a pure time input perspective, the best way to increase my damage right now would be to create a new warrior, level him up to 110, and then get another legendary. This system is so anti-fun for the people who don't luck out.

Lomax

Got my sephuz's secret today on my arms warrior after getting Mannoroths manacles first. Slapped it in my bank where it will stay for the remainder of the expansion. At this point I'm just gonna log on for raids, there's no real point in doing mythic+'s any more since I've got so long to wait until I get my 3rd legendary.

Whats sad is that looking from a pure time input perspective, the best way to increase my damage right now would be to create a new warrior, level him up to 110, and then get another legendary. This system is so anti-fun for the people who don't luck out.

The bad luck protection resets when you get the drop, so your character is right back where you were when you got your first one. Yeah, that may suck, but it's not nearly as extreme as what you're implying here.

spootime

The bad luck protection resets when you get the drop, so your character is right back where you were when you got your first one. Yeah, that may suck, but it's not nearly as extreme as what you're implying here.

I was under the impression that the time it takes to get your legendary roughly doubles for each legendary you get (look at this thread). I dont know how accurate that data is, however.

Lomax

I was under the impression that the time it takes to get your legendary roughly doubles for each legendary you get (look at this thread). I dont know how accurate that data is, however.

Interesting data, I'm curious where they came up with their numbers but it's also a very plausible theory. But still, for yourself, you have to factor in that you've already got two bad legendaries out of the pool, which a new character could still pull. Plus you can spend that entire time working on your next one instead of leveling. And with each patch they seem to be boosting the drop rates across the board anyway. And they're making item level count for a lot more soon, which legendaries are always going to be tops of. So I think having two "bad" legendaries is almost always going to be better than having none, even in your specific case.

Micapo

World boss Na'zak has spawned on EU servers this morning. Just killed her so you might want to check that out as well because they have rotated them weekly until today unless it's a bug

Nere

Yeah why did the world boss showed up on monday? To be honest I really don't like how they have only 1 world boss up at all times. They made 11 world bosses why not have 2-3 up every week and instead we only get 1?

Micapo

Yeah why did the world boss showed up on monday? To be honest I really don't like how they have only 1 world boss up at all times. They made 11 world bosses why not have 2-3 up every week and instead we only get 1?

No idea why it spawned today but definitely agree that there should be 2 or 3 up per week which I guess will happen sooner or later as a little catch up mechanic

Mupod

Legendary bad luck protection has to only kick in on a weekly basis. Almost every drop my guild has gotten (after 7.1) was on a Tuesday. Not just because of the raid either, many of them came from emissaries or world boss drops.

Top Bottom