• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Robin64

Apparently the World Boss that spawned in EU was infinitely lootable if you just kept logging out and back in. People gonna get banned again..

mclem

Well, that's unfortunate, since I was sitting on that WQ until I got my batch of AK in (which would be tonight). Or does the new world boss offer the same AP reward?

Lain

I was in the ocean getting the orotron project, stone'd to Dalaran and once the loading screen finished, I died: item durability loss and death sound, but I was at 1hp instead and then after a few seconds I was full life. I didn't think anything of it until I attacked a mob in the Dalaran sewers and my focus wouldn't regen. I was dead but alive. Such a weird bug.

Morokh

Quick question, a Cousin of mine who hasn't been able to play for years and only has an original copy (as in Vanilla WoW) of the game wants to jump in again with Legion.

Is a copy of Legion enough or does he have to buy something else in between ?

Also is it possible that his account has been deleted since ? either with the Battle.net change or just with how they handled WoW accounts back in the day ?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Quick question, a Cousin of mine who hasn't been able to play for years and only has an original copy (as in Vanilla WoW) of the game wants to jump in again with Legion.

Is a copy of Legion enough or does he have to buy something else in between ?

Also is it possible that his account has been deleted since ? either with the Battle.net change or just with how they handled WoW accounts back in the day ?
Anyone with a base account for World of Warcraft has had every expansion rolled into their account for free. The account shouldn't be deleted, and the best way to check its status or recover the password would be checking through the battle.net website. Beyond that they should only need the Legion expansion and a subscription.

Mupod

I like how heroic Guarm isn't really any different than day 1 pre-nerfs normal Guarm was. We had maybe half an hour of attempts left in the night after finally getting Mythic Ursoc, and we were able to get Guarm down. Heroic Odyn had taken us...quite a few attempts.

Magnus

Hurray, got the one thing I needed from the world boss - cloth pants! I'm 870 at last.

Now to do it on the two new 110 alts...too good a chance at high level loot not to.

--

Oh shit, the world quest isn't up for them....guess it won't be if they haven't progressed into the Suramar campaign...?

Hurray, got the one thing I needed from the world boss - cloth pants! I'm 870 at last.

Now to do it on the two new 110 alts...too good a chance at high level loot not to.

--

Oh shit, the world quest isn't up for them....guess it won't be if they haven't progressed into the Suramar campaign...?

I can see it on my alt that hit 110 last night and hasn't touched Suramar.

Robin64

World Quests have reverted back to not always showing on the map. Companion works fine, though, but you need to be logged out. It's shit.

Magnus

Waiting till day 3 to do emissaries is great if Wardens comes up. So much overlap. Add in some easy Work Order quests and I've never finished 3 Emissary sets so fast. Love it.

Lomax

World Quests have reverted back to not always showing on the map. Companion works fine, though, but you need to be logged out. It's shit.

I regularly find myself logging out of the game to do stuff in the app, which is just terrible design. The class hall button should do everything the app does and more. But it's the same thing with the ah, they cling to these old terrible systems that rely on direct character interaction for no reason at all. The best thing about Guild Wars 2 was being about to use the ah anywhere.

RPGCrazied

Who thought this quest was a good idea? I have to kill 4 Chronarch Defenders. These have almost 13 million HP and surrounded by other elites. I just can't solo these.

After something around six weeks of staring at the same spot every single day when I'm home it finally happened:

fAWDfM5l.jpg

I found myself barely playing anything else a few weeks ago because I wanted to watch for it so instead I set up Twitch just so I could watch me streaming WoW on my phone while I play other stuff. I actually even updated my Stream to show a sliver of the WoW screen (what I needed to see) and then fill the rest of the screen with other PC games just so if someone did stumble on my stream there'd be something to see. Just so happened that I was streaming and glanced down and saw the portal and the whole zoomed in portion on my phone was the big cloudy portal.

Haha, so glad I don't feel like I have to stare at that stupid spot anymore. Except now I'll linger for a day or two because there were some regular folks that'd come by and cheer me on and I'd like them to see I was finally successful.

Magnus

Who thought this quest was a good idea? I have to kill 4 Chronarch Defenders. These have almost 13 million HP and surrounded by other elites. I just can't solo these.

I promise I'm not trying to sound snarky, but it's an MMO - group up! It's never been easier with WQGF and the in-game group finder.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Pretty sure that's marked as a group quest. Start a group up in the LFG tool. That's what I did.

Go to the harbor area and there's 3 or 4 spawns that you can pull into the water without aggroing others. Some of them pat (and have other NPCs patting) so just need to be careful with timing. Once you can get a clean pull you should be fine. Watch for the guards in the docked boats.

Since Na'zak spawned with half a week timer, will we get two World bosses a week?

Finally

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/805853187492065280

This is intended, yes. This world boss activates independently of the main weekly rotation.

Just made a deal with a Rogue on Darkmoon Island for the rogue transmog belt for 45,000 gold

I got like 1,200 darkmoon tickets wonder if I should just start taking offers

On one hand I kind of wish all dungeons were like Cataclysm dungeons, but on the other hand I'm glad they're not because no one reads the fucking dungeon journal.

Trying to lead a group of players through Stonecore for the first time and Ozruk is always where PUGS fall apart almost every run. I warned them, Elemntium Bulwark is kind of bad for casters, it can reflect your spells back at you, save your damage mitigation for that. Ground Slam is kind of bad for melee dps, 25k damage in a 4 yard radius, if you get hit by ground slam you'll live but you're making the healers job hard. Shatter will fucking kill you because it hits for 50k in a 14 yard radius. If you get hit by Shatter, you will probably die if you don't use whatever damage mitigation you have and you're makign the healers job even more difficult.

Without fail our melee dps died over and over and over to Shatter before they eventually just ragequit. Every time on the first channel of Shatter. I get being taken by surprise the first time, even if you've just been warned but every single time. I could never lead a PUG raid, it would just drive me bonkers.

Ark

So my guild is hitting Mythic Dragons for the first time tomorrow, does anyone have any good tips? I've checked out the Fatboss video relentlessly over the last few weeks.

Is it viable to cleave them down at the beginning for two stacks and then separating them? Literally any help would be appreciated.

Strimei

On one hand I kind of wish all dungeons were like Cataclysm dungeons, but on the other hand I'm glad they're not because no one reads the fucking dungeon journal.

Trying to lead a group of players through Stonecore for the first time and Ozruk is always where PUGS fall apart almost every run. I warned them, Elemntium Bulwark is kind of bad for casters, it can reflect your spells back at you, save your damage mitigation for that. Ground Slam is kind of bad for melee dps, 25k damage in a 4 yard radius, if you get hit by ground slam you'll live but you're making the healers job hard. Shatter will fucking kill you because it hits for 50k in a 14 yard radius. If you get hit by Shatter, you will probably die if you don't use whatever damage mitigation you have and you're makign the healers job even more difficult.

Without fail our melee dps died over and over and over to Shatter before they eventually just ragequit. Every time on the first channel of Shatter. I get being taken by surprise the first time, even if you've just been warned but every single time. I could never lead a PUG raid, it would just drive me bonkers.

To be fair, the bulwark was, at least, kinda necessary. Idea went that your casters would cast a dot on themselves to break themselves free of the paralysis (particularly your healer). Though it was annoying back in the day too, especially if you were a class without a dedicated dot.

Anyways, got a legendary on my warrior, the Ceann-ar charger helm (10 rage gained when I enrage). Seems pretty good (and isn't Sephuz or Pyrdaz).

Also anyone notice how like a lot of legendaries sound like medications? Ceann-ar, Sephuz, Pyrdaz, Cenedril...

Lain

It is funny that while coming back or getting a res they don't open up the journal to see what killed them and what they could do, if any, to avoid it. Speaking of Stonecore, I remember when hunters could remove the rage effects. Good times. I just pew pew'd that dumb lump of rock this week not caring about anything because hunters rock!

The Soft Foam Sword is one of the best things they've added to the game in a long while. It makes doing certain quests while being over-leveled actually possible. No more getting naked and res sickness in order to complete those wound and capture quests.

It is funny that while coming back or getting a res they don't open up the journal to see what killed them and what they could do, if any, to avoid it.

What was kind of maddening was we had an Enhancement Shaman who literally died eight times to Shatter in a row. Shamans have Spirit Wolf and that access to that tornado leap talent, whatever it's called. The point is, a Shaman has mobility. I would tell them "get away from the boss", "move now", "avoid Shatter" but they kept trying to fight Ozruk like it's a tank and spank fight, stand in the AoE and die.

RPGCrazied

Finally did that elite quest, and Jesus these nightfallen quests just never stop! How many more after the do 10 world quests in Suramar?

vocab

Finally did that elite quest, and Jesus these nightfallen quests just never stop! How many more after the do 10 world quests in Suramar?

If I'm not mistaken, those are the new weekly storylines (the one that includes the 10 world quests). There's a bunch. You don't have to do them all right now, and all of them aren't even available yet.

Tarazet

The Soft Foam Sword is one of the best things they've added to the game in a long while. It makes doing certain quests while being over-leveled actually possible. No more getting naked and res sickness in order to complete those wound and capture quests.

Low-level engineering bombs worked too, but yes, I definitely wished I had something like the nerf sword when I was doing some of those quests.

Getting the hang of Cenarius with zerg strat, just end up losing people during wisps or whatever which can't happen. Once we break the wall into phase 2 he should go down easily. And Xavius should be a joke after that. Was missing a resto shaman tonight though, unfortunately, which would make parts a lot easier with spirit link and stuff.

Will be able to Vantus this coming week probably too, since we're extending till the instance is clear. Used them on Il'gynoth the past week since that was still progression.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Getting the hang of Cenarius with zerg strat, just end up losing people during wisps or whatever which can't happen. Once we break the wall into phase 2 he should go down easily. And Xavius should be a joke after that. Was missing a resto shaman tonight though, unfortunately, which would make parts a lot easier with spirit link and stuff.

Will be able to Vantus this coming week probably too, since we're extending till the instance is clear. Used them on Il'gynoth the past week since that was still progression.

If you get past the wisps with everyone alive, then it's smooth sailing after that.

Nere

I doubt the extra world boss was intended on a monday no less. They just fucked it up and he showed by accident and they said it was intended to not look bad.

Mupod

Darkheart +11 with teeming/skittish/fortified was somewhat shittier than anticipated. Holy crap those bears and triple Keeper pulls. Ended up just barely failing the key, but we had a depleted +11 Eye we tackled again. We only failed that before due to some fuckups from being overtired and easily cleared it on the second try. Lucked out and got +12 Court of Stars which, as expected, isn't bad except for those Inquisitors. And wow are those ever awful. The worst part of Teeming is in full effect as well - you have to make 3-4 extra pulls just to hit 100% clear, even including the extra mobs already in each pull. So stupid.

Didn't even mess with the insanely huge pack (2 inquisitors, a robot, some other stuff) on the bridge in the second boss' area. I'm not sure that group is even beatable without Bloodlust.

Anyways, once again I have a shot at an 885. But considering the massive loot table it pulls your mythic+ cache from, you'd think I'd get something other than mastery bracers.

RPGCrazied

If I'm not mistaken, those are the new weekly storylines (the one that includes the 10 world quests). There's a bunch. You don't have to do them all right now, and all of them aren't even available yet.

I just wanted that mount! I'm already exalted and 9/11 on the story.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can a hidden artifact appearance be obtained through a bonus roll? Such as the ones Ursoc drops.

I doubt it. Stuff like that (IE, anything that isn't actual equipped loot) is pretty much never bonus roll-able.

Top Bottom