• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Jag

Can anyone help, just started this game a few days ago and I am only level 16. I am trying to turn in the Furlbrows Deed quest to Jansen Stead but he is missing, myself and others are standing where he should be but there is no sign of him at all?

Try Wowhead for all your wow questions. Best resource there is.

Here is your quest. the answer is usually in the comments if you sort it by Highest Rated.

Looks like your guy may be around where the Flight Master in Sentinel Hill.

WoW redid Westfall a few years ago and messed up lots of old quests.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Prydaz is extremely good now

25% shield(15% for tanks) every 30 seconds, refreshed every 30 seconds? Considering that all the bosses do some form of aoe damage, it's a boon for your healers to have one of those.

If I wanted a shield I'd roll Priest.

So its better that I don't do anything this week and risk getting a low ilevel legendary that I'll have to upgrade instead of a 940 one next week? That's dumb.

But this weeks mythic affixes sound like a real bore anyways.

Also I thought world quests were supposed to be relevant forever but I've only been 110 for a week and the gear rewards have capped at well worse than what I've got? Seems like a waste, I enjoyed them too...

Also what's with the archeology quest being every two weeks instead of weekly. Seems like real scummy Time padding.

Strimei

Also what's with the archeology quest being every two weeks instead of weekly. Seems like real scummy Time padding.

Bingo.

Time gating out the whazoo. While I do accept time gating to some degree (its an MMO after all), they kinda went overboard.

That's why a few people, myself included, kicked up a fuss waaaaay back in beta because we realized how long it'd take to get 8 of them done (16 weeks minimum), and at the time you would need to do it for every character to unlock a color option of an artifact.

It amused me that it took Blizzard months until people finally started hitting 8 rare solves to actually get off their asses and fix it.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I don't know about the other tiers, but the final (equip two legendaries) says 7 days time now needed on my druid instead of 14, so I assume they cut them in half. Like everything else this expansion I'm sure it's buggy though.

Ah yes it does seem to have been activated now. Weird, last night when I put in for the third last tier it still had 36 days in total for research.

Bear tanks are really fun. Been playing WoW for two years now and I don't know why it took me so long to finally roll a druid. As a class it has all of the versatility of a Shaman but amplified. Travel form is so damned good, even before flying.

The time padding is likely because there's an artifact appearance tied to This Side Up, you need 8 of the rare archaeological finds tied to those bi-weekly quests.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
We're bringing in 6 new people to mythic Guarm when we just got a kill last week, two of them being healers, so now we're progression all over again.

I don't get why they like bringing in so many people to fights that aren't on farm yet, sht is the worst.

Bizazedo

I dunno why I PvP in this game. Blizzard doesn't care / has made it shit for years, and yet I keep doing it.

Must be the bars to fill / drops / mount addiction.

Magnus

Bear tanks are really fun. Been playing WoW for two years now and I don't know why it took me so long to finally roll a druid. As a class it has all of the versatility of a Shaman but amplified. Travel form is so damned good, even before flying.

I've been sitting on an under-leveled druid for like 7 years, and finally capped it last month for the first time in an expansion. I've been playing since 2005. I also don't know why it took me so long. Class is wonderful. I'm almost certain I'll switch mains next expansion.

Not too long ago (I think during Christmas) they had a sale up to WoD for 4.99, I ended up purchasing that and a family member got me 30 days + Legion so I could start up my first full attempt at playing World of Warcraft.

For addons, I downloaded a good number of the ones suggested from this "Quality of Life Addons" post from reddit. If there's anymore suggestions or things I should do based on my next question, feel free to tell me what else I should get.

Anyways, what should I roll? I typically play maged DPS, but on the other hand, I'm also not afraid to try a different role such as Healer. What are some of the better options for DPS/Healer?

Few other things:
1. How would you go about getting friends/getting into a friendly guild considering I wouldn't be raid friendly at all since I'm just starting?
2. In terms of my level 100 boost, how should I go about using it? Would it ruin my experience if I use this to level up a class and just play from 100-110? Or should I save it until later on when I get to some sort of decent level and figure out that I didn't like the class I started with so I should continue from a new char to make up from the time I felt like I wasted (if that was the case)?

Einchy

Gotten some good ranks this week cus there's barely any logs.

aj2fgiU.png

Had rank 1 on Cenarius but that's dropped down to 6th, would still have rank 1 but we wiped on the attempt I was doing rank 1 DPS. >:

v1perz53

So its better that I don't do anything this week and risk getting a low ilevel legendary that I'll have to upgrade instead of a 940 one next week? That's dumb.

But this weeks mythic affixes sound like a real bore anyways.

Also I thought world quests were supposed to be relevant forever but I've only been 110 for a week and the gear rewards have capped at well worse than what I've got? Seems like a waste, I enjoyed them too...

Yea thats my exact issue. I should be due for my third legendary any run now, but I'm actively trying to avoid doing extra stuff so I can get it at 940 instead of 910. Kind of annoying.

XenodudeX

Thinking about resubing but man it just seems I'm way behind. My main is only ilvl 859 and there just seems to be so much shit to do now. I'm afraid I might be overwhelmed.

Not too long ago (I think during Christmas) they had a sale up to WoD for 4.99, I ended up purchasing that and a family member got me 30 days + Legion so I could start up my first full attempt at playing World of Warcraft.

For addons, I downloaded a good number of the ones suggested from this "Quality of Life Addons" post from reddit. If there's anymore suggestions or things I should do based on my next question, feel free to tell me what else I should get.

Anyways, what should I roll? I typically play maged DPS, but on the other hand, I'm also not afraid to try a different role such as Healer. What are some of the better options for DPS/Healer?

Few other things:
1. How would you go about getting friends/getting into a friendly guild considering I wouldn't be raid friendly at all since I'm just starting?
2. In terms of my level 100 boost, how should I go about using it? Would it ruin my experience if I use this to level up a class and just play from 100-110? Or should I save it until later on when I get to some sort of decent level and figure out that I didn't like the class I started with so I should continue from a new char to make up from the time I felt like I wasted (if that was the case)?

If you like caster DPS and want to heal then your options would be Shaman, Priest or Druid. Play what you want.

1. There are usually ton of guilds yelling in trade chat and whatnot that accept social members. Just join one and see if it's any good.

2. I think you should use it. The leveling experience isn't really interesting 1-100 and the classes ain't too complex at high levels that you won't learn them quite quickly anyway. You can do the lvl 100 class trials for all classes you are potentially interested in playing and using the lvl 100 boost on the one you wanna settle in.

Einchy

So, I'm hearing Fury Warriors no longer take Massacre, essentially making our Execute phase not possible and making our third weapon trait not do anything.

Cool.

If you like caster DPS and want to heal then your options would be Shaman, Priest or Druid. Play what you want.

1. There are usually ton of guilds yelling in trade chat and whatnot that accept social members. Just join one and see if it's any good.

2. I think you should use it. The leveling experience isn't really interesting 1-100 and the classes ain't too complex at high levels that you won't learn them quite quickly anyway. You can do the lvl 100 class trials for all classes you are potentially interested in playing and using the lvl 100 boost on the one you wanna settle in.

What about a Druid? How fun is that class in terms of diversity/difficulty?

What about a Druid? How fun is that class in terms of diversity/difficulty?

I haven't played Druid in a long time but I don't think it's considered particularly difficult.

And I'm not sure what you mean by diversity but when it comes to roles nobody is more diverse than druid considering it has 4 different specs. Maybe you get bored of caster DPS and you can easily change to melee so that's a plus.

I haven't played Druid in a long time but I don't think it's considered particularly difficult.

And I'm not sure what you mean by diversity but when it comes to roles nobody is more diverse than druid considering it has 4 different specs. Maybe you get bored of caster DPS and you can easily change to melee so that's a plus.

Sounds interesting, but what I meant was, I've read two or three times way back that Druid is a diverse class in the sense that it could fill a large amount of roles so I was wondering how different the class itself was between specs.

Sounds interesting, but what I meant was, I've read two or three times way back that Druid is a diverse class in the sense that it could fill a large amount of roles so I was wondering how different the class itself was between specs.

Druid checks every major box, it can tank, heal and dps. It's the only full hybrid class with access to ranged and melee dps. The specs are as varied as their signature forms, bear, cat, freaky owl-bear-man-thing and anthropomorphic tree.

Tarazet

Yea thats my exact issue. I should be due for my third legendary any run now, but I'm actively trying to avoid doing extra stuff so I can get it at 940 instead of 910. Kind of annoying.

I had been too. Sat back and barely played. Decided to play my Mage today since she has AK 20 now and I figured it would be good to start leveling the weapon.

And then the freaking Pyroblast bracers dropped off of the first boss in Halls of Valor.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, I'm hearing Fury Warriors no longer take Massacre, essentially making our Execute phase not possible and making our third weapon trait not do anything.

Cool.

On the upside you need 3 different mods to play protection spec now. Or 4 different weakauras.

Einchy

On the upside you need 3 different mods to play protection spec now. Or 4 different weakauras.

And now I have more HP as Fury than I do as Prot.

I know it's old and trite to say, but I honestly sometimes wonder if Blizzard even plays some of the specs. People have been telling them that execute needs to be fixed for months now and now they just made it a million times worse, why? I'm not sure who they have in charge of Fury changes but those people are doing a pisspoor job.

Kain

I'm so happy I cancelled my sub one month into Legion. Anyone can clearly see that no dev in the class team plays hunter and no one there gives a fuck about the class. This kind of disrepect is even worse than Vanilla days and the radio silence back then, now it's more like "Oh, I didn't know hunters could xxxx, we'll look into it". NO THANKS.

Other than collecting Corrupted Essences and Soul Fragments each week, which I'm halfway done with, I feel like I can take a break from Druid. Trying to decide on what class to focus on next. Hunter isn't doing anything for me right now, bored with Monk and Shaman from playing them so much throughout Warlords of Draenor.

Thinking of making a pandaren Priest with a focus on Discipline for leveling, world quests, and other solo content. Shadow for group stuff like dungeons since I don't want the responsibility of keeping people alive, lol.

mclem

Weird having our first HC raid after the Christmas break and the patch - everyone feels a lot stronger. I'm not sure if that's because of patch changes or because we've mostly all hit our 35-point bonus trait (or further) by now, but from struggling on Ilgy we went on to oneshotting it within a single heart phase.

Of course, I assume Nighthold will be fully balanced around the trait level people are at, so I suspect that'll start to hurt again.

mclem

I'd suggest Druid - they're the only class that can fulfil four distinct roles (Tank (Guardian), melee (Feral), ranged (Enhancement), healer (Restoration)), and they're competent at pretty much all of them.

Mupod

Did some more Blood DK tanking last night, did our Kara speedrun and managed to get a +9 and +12 dungeon out of the way in record time.

I'm a bit less annoyed at the changes to our heart strike talent in the first tier because Blooddrinker is absolutely nuts now. It turns out if you arbitrarily triple the power of an ability, crazy shit happens. It's consistently 30% of my DPS in dungeons, it's more on single targets and less when I'm AOEing with Bonestorm. But the damage it does is COMPARABLE to Bonestorm AOE which is insane. Also, all of its damage of course is returned to me as health - with my leech trinket and vamp blood, a triple crit is about 4 million healing. And I can do this every 20 seconds. It was pretty helpful in Skittish just as a way to dump a huge amount of threat onto one mob.

Not saying it's actually making me OP, I'm still doing pretty normal tank DPS. But it just looks funny and way out of whack on logs.

Well based on the hunter news, time to roll a hunter. From worst to first is likely the path forward. Blizzard never manages subtly very well.

I'm just a casual but am a bit disappointed by the tracking of those hunter numbers. I play BM and noticed that my burst numbers went WAY up but that I am dropping very quickly from there even with an ideal rotation (KC/DB on cooldown, proper focus management, etc.)

Might mess with my affliction lock or my ass. rogue for a while.

Ark

I dislike the new prot warrior changes so much that I'm maining arms spec. I'll still run prot as an equal OS, but now I need to find a tank to fill my spot, lol.

Well based on the hunter news, time to roll a hunter. From worst to first is likely the path forward. Blizzard never manages subtly very well.

This is why I think Hunters shouldn't be too upset. It's way better to be absolute bottom of the barrel (especially if it's all specs) than ''kinda bad'' akin to something like mistweaver in raid setups where only one of the specs is lagging behind and not in a spotlight. It usually takes Blizzard fuckin forever to tweak in situations like that.

Shahadan

The shaman campaign taught me the Twilight Hammer and the twilight dragon crap are still here.....ffs
I swear if they do another xpac around those... ugh. Most boring shit they've ever done.

Can't wait for Affliction to be nerfed. That execute they have at 30% hp is ridiculous (Malefic Grasp + Death's Embrace - 1 million damage per second). The moment your life hits 30% you instantly die. And I'm not even exaggerating, you literally drop from 30% life to dead instantly.

Can't wait for Affliction to be nerfed. That execute they have at 30% hp is ridiculous (Malefic Grasp + Death's Embrace - 1 million damage per second). The moment your life hits 30% you instantly die. And I'm not even exaggerating, you literally drop from 30% life to dead instantly.

My warlock is still 103. can you explain how this works? Which execute at 30%? thanks.

My warlock is still 103. can you explain how this works? Which execute at 30%? thanks.
image.jpg

When you combine these two talents, the moment your target hits 30% hp you begin doing over 1 million damage a second to them (combined damage from Agony, Corruption, UA, and Drain Soul). Any target in PvP, at 30% health, is going to have ~1 million hp left, which means you instantly kill them.

It's a bizarre feeling. The dots are ticking you down and the instant your life drops to 30% you literally instantly die. This will absolutely get nerfed, probably before you get to 110 and honor level 43 to unlock Death's Embrace.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do bad on the first week of Nighthold to avoid your class being nerfed.

Top Bottom