• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What does "80th percentile" mean? The far left setting. Changing that to different settings yields wildly different results.
It adjusts whose data you are comparing by targeting performance rates. Basically people use it to filter data so only higher level players are accounting for, so in this example it would be taking into account those in the top eighty percent of logs for that spec and above. People should take these numbers not entirely seriously because Emerald Nightmare is massively outgeared and the fight times get heavily shortened. Even beyond that logs for many of the bosses are not especially useful due to RNG or AoE padding.

Twitch Live Q&A starts in a few mins with one of the devs (not Ion this time).
https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft

What does "80th percentile" mean? The far left setting. Changing that to different settings yields wildly different results.

Ranking of parses within that spec. People usually filter at the top end to ensure you are only counting people that know what they are doing. There's not much point evaluating the DPS potential of a class being played poorly.

edit: There's lots of noise with these rankings in general, and it's important to keep in mind as you filter higher and higher is the legendary issue and specs with significant random elements.

Magnus

It adjusts whose data you are comparing by targeting performance rates. Basically people use it to filter data so only higher level players are accounting for, so in this example it would be taking into account those in the top eighty percent of logs for that spec and above. People should take these numbers not entirely seriously because Emerald Nightmare is massively outgeared and the fight times get heavily shortened. Even beyond that logs for many of the bosses are not especially useful due to RNG or AoE padding.

Ranking of parses within that spec. People usually filter at the top end to ensure you are only counting people that know what they are doing. There's not much point evaluating the DPS potential of a class being played poorly.

Gotcha. So, 80th percentile would essentially only show the top 20% performing players in that spec? (or would it omit the bottom 20%?)

Maledict

The Twitch Q&A is overrun with people complaining about Hunters. God damn it's bad, I guess.

I don't play a hunter (or indeed, the game at all in the last month) but really Blizzards balancing team for WoW is frankly disgraceful. It's been 10 years and they still can't produce patch notes that actually list what's changed fully. Every patch one class always gets kneecapped unnecessarily. Every patch they show that they don't understand the detailed mechanics of the classes in the game in a way that's frankly embarrassing.

WoW has always had an utterly shit development team, and seems like it always will. A friend of mine recommended I had alts just so you can swap classes when it's your turn to be useless.

Mothman91

Anyone know how the ilvl cap works when NH comes out? I have a mythic cache...either I save it thinking that the cap increases to like 915 or something or does EN gear cap at 895?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Anyone know how the ilvl cap works when NH comes out? I have a mythic cache...either I save it thinking that the cap increases to like 915 or something or does EN gear cap at 895?
Presumably the gear in EN caches is set to 895 which is the cap for that raid I'm pretty sure.

Also, class hall trait research is fucked again. It had been reduced but checking again it's reverted back to the original 36 days for the last three. The hell blizzard.

It doesn't matter if MM was the top dps the spec is just so disgustingly unfun to play now I don't even know how they let it get to this.

And man, I really want to do some bgs on my DH before hey get hotfix nerfed but I don't want to accidentally get a legendary.

I should start doing bad in BGs as prot spec too...

protdps.jpg

I mean... You still lost.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I bet a lot of people didn't know that guy had nothing to do with balance changes.

>release patch 3 days ago
>everyone is going nuts over spec changes
>only one Q&A per month
>don't talk about spec changes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
as a hunter i am always on the bottom of the dps charts.

i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or what. i do a lot better in mythic +s, i feel like.

i usually get like 380k dps or something. 885 ilvl

idlewild_

This is why I think Hunters shouldn't be too upset. It's way better to be absolute bottom of the barrel (especially if it's all specs) than ''kinda bad'' akin to something like mistweaver in raid setups where only one of the specs is lagging behind and not in a spotlight. It usually takes Blizzard fuckin forever to tweak in situations like that.

Number tuning isn't really enough. BM is super boring, MM plays like garbage, and SV will always be a hard sell given how melee heavy this expansion has been. There have been hundreds of pages of feedback on these issues on the forums since alpha.

Einchy

Ask mr robot simulates me doing around 395k so I'm not that far off, really. I have good burst when I blow all my cool downs but I will usually drop to last place

Do you have bad trinkets and poorly optimized gear? You have a great ilvl but you might be screwing yourself over with some bad gear, even if the ilvl is high.

affliction is pretty hilarious right now.

In PvP you can combine the Malefic Grasp talent with the execute-like and DoT refreshing honor talent to melt people faster then the Sun.

Like you do 80% increased DoT dmg, and then when they are below 30% hp you do 100% more, on top of them being refreshed by your Drain Soul. Like you just die.

Einchy

We actually sold a heroic carry today, and we sold a mythic one on Tuesday, I believe in total we got a million.

That should carry our guild repairs for the entirety of Nighthold.

Tarazet

I don't play a hunter (or indeed, the game at all in the last month) but really Blizzards balancing team for WoW is frankly disgraceful. It's been 10 years and they still can't produce patch notes that actually list what's changed fully. Every patch one class always gets kneecapped unnecessarily. Every patch they show that they don't understand the detailed mechanics of the classes in the game in a way that's frankly embarrassing.

WoW has always had an utterly shit development team, and seems like it always will. A friend of mine recommended I had alts just so you can swap classes when it's your turn to be useless.

Unfortunately I have all shit specs this time around, when it comes to raiding. At least Fire Mage is still god tier in 5 mans. Mine is 853 and is routinely doing equal damage to my 878 Shaman main, now. That auto-crit Dragon Breath talent is every kind of insane.

Ark

Well it's official now. I've dropped ms prot for ms arms. I'll keep prot as a well geared off-spec, but we have a new DH tank who seems pretty good.

Looking forward to playing DPS in raids again. We have a very good fury warrior that I sorely want to beat :D

I only have two legendaries, the second of which I got almost two months ago, so I assume I'm 'due' a legendary soon, hopefully it's the Arms ring.

dimb

Well it's official now. I've dropped ms prot for ms arms. I'll keep prot as a well geared off-spec, but we have a new DH tank who seems pretty good.

Looking forward to playing DPS in raids again. We have a very good fury warrior that I sorely want to beat :D

I only have two legendaries, the second of which I got almost two months ago, so I assume I'm 'due' a legendary soon, hopefully it's the Arms ring.
Arms ring is obviously a good boost but after the nerfs it really just isn't the same. Once legendaries are upgraded to 940 I feel like its heavy crit statting will also feel like a bigger penalty. DPS difference between something like the healing bracers and the ring is not super high for how much utility the bracers bring.

Ark

Arms ring is obviously a good boost but after the nerfs it really just isn't the same. Once legendaries are upgraded to 940 I feel like its heavy crit statting will also feel like a bigger penalty. DPS difference between something like the healing bracers and the ring is not super high for how much utility the bracers bring.

Having thought about it, the legs would be great for mythic+. But tbh I'll take anything except Sephuz/Prydaz's at this point. My rng sucks, and despite doing a lot more content than some of my fellow raiders, I literally have 50% fewer legendaries than them :(

dimb

Having thought about it, the legs would be great for mythic+. But tbh I'll take anything except Sephuz/Prydaz's at this point. My rng sucks, and despite doing a lot more content than some of my fellow raiders, I literally have 50% fewer legendaries than them :(
Legs are just not interesting to me at all. It's another crit heavy piece and CS uptime feels pretty meaningless without SD. Compared to a free ring proc with sweeping strikes it seems kind of pathetic.

So update on the engineering front. Getting Felglass sucks and I forgot that the stats in the goggles are random, haha.

Has anyone made a pair and using themy though? I had a question.

affliction is pretty hilarious right now.

In PvP you can combine the Malefic Grasp talent with the execute-like and DoT refreshing honor talent to melt people faster then the Sun.

Like you do 80% increased DoT dmg, and then when they are below 30% hp you do 100% more, on top of them being refreshed by your Drain Soul. Like you just die.
image.jpg

I posted about this yesterday. It's completely ridiculous and will absolutely get nerfed.

Think of warrior execute, except with a 40 yard range, hits 2-3 times harder, is usable at 30%, and heals you on top of it.

So update on the engineering front. Getting Felglass sucks and I forgot that the stats in the goggles are random, haha.

Has anyone made a pair and using themy though? I had a question.
I really want to, but I still haven't had the Plate goggle schematic drop yet. I've also only gotten 1 Hardened Felglass so far.

While I hope I get a Haste/Mastery roll, if I don't I probably won't be making too many more of these, if any at all.

I really want to, but I still haven't had the Plate goggle schematic drop yet. I've also only gotten 1 Hardened Felglass so far.

While I hope I get a Haste/Mastery roll, if I don't I probably won't be making too many more of these, if any at all.

Eight boxes, three Felglass with the Plate, Leather, and Cloth patterns. A single pattern and glass per box, so two boxes with useless things in them(Bullet Dispenser and Gunpowder Charges.)

This reminds me, I should make a cheaper pair and see if the Stat rerolling item from Warlords works on them. Would be amazing if they did considering how long it's going to take to make one single pair.

Mupod

even though I have no idea if they've tweaked drop rates or the 'soft cap' of 4, I kinda want to keep my playtime to a minimum until Tuesday in case a legendary drops. My friend got boned by a 910 legendary on Tuesday. No idea how painful it will be to upgrade them but I'd rather not take chances.

It's a bit of a shame that there's still no way for Frost to proc Sephuz on immune mobs, but it's super ridiculous in 5-man dungeons now. As Blood I'm just running around with 70% haste and sanic sprint (I also wear Aggramar's) all the time.

v1perz53

even though I have no idea if they've tweaked drop rates or the 'soft cap' of 4, I kinda want to keep my playtime to a minimum until Tuesday in case a legendary drops. My friend got boned by a 910 legendary on Tuesday. No idea how painful it will be to upgrade them but I'd rather not take chances.

It's a bit of a shame that there's still no way for Frost to proc Sephuz on immune mobs, but it's super ridiculous in 5-man dungeons now. As Blood I'm just running around with 70% haste and sanic sprint (I also wear Aggramar's) all the time.

Hah I think the only way I could tolerate playing a Pally tank was if I got Sephuz+Aggramar. Prot Pal almost can't help but proc sephuz on CD since their Captain America shield toss procs it (on bosses as well I believe?). But without that playing my pally feels so slow. Haven't played blood in a while either, but at least as blood you can pull mobs to you even if (without legendaries) you have no real way of getting to them!

I will say though, playing a bit of pally tank made me realize how annoying it is to play a tank without a charge (or heroic leap type thing for Vengeance DH/Transcendence port for BrM). So many mobs have little knockback BS that becomes so much more tolerable when you can just charge/leap/port back in. I think only Blood DK and Prot Pal don't have something like that? Things like last boss in Nelth or the spirits in VotW get mildly more annoying without an easy way back in.

I know it's been detailed on how to upgrade a Legendary, but as long as their isn't a weekly cap, or whatever for essences, I don't think it'll take too long to upgrade items. Looking at the blue post on WoWhead, and it doesn't mention any cap. Or I missed it being mentioned.

someone was asking for an arcane mage to give them some advice. I said ya whats up. They asked me about some talent's utility in pvp and I informed them that he had, in fact, gotten pranked bro and that I was actually a druid. I got promptly ignored lol

ppl don't want to have fun in this game anymore

Top Bottom