• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOW OMG: Steam is refunding No Man's Sky even if you played more then 2 hours

Found this delusion on Reddit. This right here is the reason that developers get away with telling blind-faced lies, knowing half of the community will defend them to the hilt anyway.

1,000% certain that they are not replaced by black holes. Even more positive that nothing is cut. The only core modifications to the game have been graphical. It is a Universe. Not just the tutorial levels that, according to certain story elements, aren't even the real reality of the universe, which are comprised of the first few galaxies, each of which reveal more and more of the HUGE story to those who choose not to give up so easily. And this is probably all you're going to get as far as details on that from those of us who have been further, because it isn't something that can be told, it must be experienced.

We can't prove there's anything more to the game, it has to be experienced! It's out there!
But... Thanks to the data mining we know that's not true... right?

Ambient80

woah woah, PSN is doing refunds too??? How can I do this? I've been regretting my purchase for a while, and even uninstalled the game days ago.
I went to their site and did a live chat and they did it for me. I told them the game was not as advertised and I had technical issues. I'm not sure if live chat is available outside NA, though, if you're outside that region.

lol on the Playstation website refund page

I don't like what I purchased

It's always frustrating to spend your hard-earned money on something, only to have it not meet your expectations. While the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement prevent us from granting refunds in this situation, we do have a few suggestions on how to make your next purchase a sure-fire hit:

For less than $5 a month you can join PlayStation Plus.

Tinúviel

Well..

nmsrfm9uk8.png

Sony is earning some mad respect point from me atm. Dang man.

EDIT:

lol on the Playstation website refund page

I don't like what I purchased

It's always frustrating to spend your hard-earned money on something, only to have it not meet your expectations. While the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement prevent us from granting refunds in this situation, we do have a few suggestions on how to make your next purchase a sure-fire hit:

For less than $5 a month you can join PlayStation Plus.

Something something irony...

So what happens to all the money getting refunded? Does Sony lose out on money? Hello games loses money?
Or did they get paid on a contract

Sony has to be pissed at all of this

Hype always kills

Sony is earning some mad respect point from me atm. Dang man.

EDIT:

Something something irony...
Me too man. I was feeling guilty about My wife buying me this pile of garbage. But now that I got a refund she's gonna buy US the bioshock collection, her favorite series of all time. Thanks steam!

So, in light of everything in the past two weeks around No Man's Sky, may I ask this very important question that Hello refused to answer, and everyone on GAF mocked?

What do you do in No Man's Sky?

It should have been a massive red flag about the game for everyone that that question made it to memetic status. It was for me. These questions aren't asked for shits and giggles.

And people were right to mock it. The rather disingenous presentation of that question pre-launch doesn't retroactively gain any more validity just because Sean and HG didn't end up delivering on many of the features they talked about. The answer to the question now is the same is it has always been, just with less detail obviously since there are many talked about features that aren't in the game, and at a lower level quality of execution than most people would have hoped.

Jobbs

Banned
I like to preorder things. Usually I can make an informed choice. Usually I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get.

NMS is the very rare case where I feel like what I got didn't at all resemble what I was sold on -- Like, not even in the ballpark. I can't remember any other time this happened.

sazzy

I can confidently say that if Hello Games had come out post launch and admitted their mistakes, this thread wouldn't be 12 pages long.

Does PlayStation give you store credit or an actual refund?

I've seen lots of credit. I could be wrong but I can't remember seeing actual refunds but I mean that's much better than nothing.

I'm trying lol. She's been sick allot lately (pregnant) so she needs something to play. Don't think She's ever played 2 actually.

Congratulations! We are trying for our second and hoping for a girl. I think I'm allowed to say that here even she wants to keep it a secret to our family.

EDIT: Oh and bro, if you don't know already, Diablo 3 is amazing for couch co op. My wife actually enjoys it and that is saying something.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Just got a refund (store credit) for the game on my US account via Live Chat, from Australia.

From my chat agent :

We are gamers, we are for gamers, we are for you!
GG Sony!

Gonna use the funds towards Alienation and some PS+.

faridmon

I can confidently say that if Hello Games had come out post launch and admitted their mistakes, this thread wouldn't be 12 pages long.

Nah, as much as I want them to them to do that, at this point, they are just adding carousel, gas and petroleum into an already vigorous inferno if they happen to come out of the woodwork.

Nah, as much as I want them to them to do that, at this point, they are just adding carousel, gas and petroleum into an already vigorous inferno if they happen to come out of the woodwork.

I completely disagree. It would still be bad but they need to own up. It may not even change anything for the fate of NMS but it would be a start for the healing process and if they where to be transparent from then on out it would give people time to heal and time to forgive if they are going to. This would be the best thing they could do if they ever want to do another project.

schlynch

Man this game was such a shit show and I already refunded it before the 2 hours mark. All that false promises, bad performance and terrible gameplay. Hope everyone can get a refund after trying this mess of a game.

sazzy

So where is this "finished" copy of the game then?

no%20man's%20sky%20gold.jpg

I'd love to hear from any of the other employees in this company. They were working on the game, they knew what they were making, they had to have seen Sean's interviews right??

And what are they so happy about?

Truly one of the great gaming mysteries.

sTiTcH AU

Could not find any live chat for Australia and the US one can not validate my PSN ID. Sent in a support contact us form and will see how I go from there.

I have not played since the release day, so disappointing for a game that could have been amazing.

Put in a manual steam support ticket after getting denied by the Steam automated refund thing again. No fucks are given. Just like Hello Games and Sean gave no fucks about lying to sell their piece of shit, turdmonster of a goopy, barren, featureless, and utterly vapid mess.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/no%20man's%20sky%20gold.jpg[/IMG]

Thank god, looks like they're going to give me the refund on PSN. Love to shove that in those fools face.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, and I've even felt bad that this has been my reaction to indie studio, but they need a wake up call with this game. Don't promise what you can't deliver. I don't know why some game devs think it's always in their best interest to lie, and be so damn secretive. I find that I appreciate honesty and open-ness from a developer.

amdb00mer

I'd love to hear from any of the other employees in this company. They were working on the game, they knew what they were making, they had to have seen Sean's interviews right??

And what are they so happy about?

Truly one of the great gaming mysteries.

You took the words right out of my mouth. You know they had to see him do all those interviews where he was touting features not in the game. I feel they should be held accountable as well.

Pooya

Marketing misrepresentation is so blatant in this game that they are going refund if anyone asks. I suspect there will be some legal cases down the road regarding the false advertising of this game, it has happened for far less offensive cases.

Katherine (8/27/2016, 8:35:32 PM): Hello, My name is Katherine how may I assist you today?
Me (8/27/2016, 8:36:25 PM): Hello, I would like to get a refund for a game that I believe did not live up to its advertising
Katherine (8/27/2016, 8:38:03 PM): Hello! I’m really sorry that you have faced this inconvenience with this purchase, I know how concerning this can be, but do not worry, I’ll do my best to assist you.
Me (8/27/2016, 8:39:17 PM): Thank you, I appreciate it very much. The game I would like a refund for is No Man's Sky - the game is missing many of the features advertised and is a technical mess, with a lot of system crash errors.
Katherine (8/27/2016, 8:40:50 PM): As a gamer myself I understand xxx.

Let me explain you some details about the refund process.

According to the User Agreement all sales are final. Please keep in mind that it will done as onetime gesture of goodwill and funds will be returned to your PlayStation Network Wallet.
Is your Sign-In ID a valid email address?
Me (8/27/2016, 8:42:17 PM): Thank you, and yes it is - my sign in ID is email
Katherine (8/27/2016, 8:43:59 PM): Thanks for waiting. I'm glad to inform you that your refund has been completed, you can now check your PSN wallet and the funds will be there for you to purchase any other content in the PSN Store. You will also receive an email confirmation for this. Here is your refund case number for future reference:
It worked, did it for my friend. Quit lying devs.

Spacebar

My chat log...

Melissa: Hello, My name is Melissa how may I help you today?
Me: No Man's Sky
Melissa: Your refund has been completed. You can now check your PSN wallet and the funds will be there for you to purchase any other content in the PSN store.You will also receive an email confirmation for this. Here is your refund case number for future reference: XXXXXXX
Me: Thank you!

That's the first time I wish I had bought a game digitally on psn lmao. I sent this thing to Steam support and it's probably going to take them 5 weeks to get back to me. How does Valve not have live chat yet?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
My chat log...

Melissa: Your refund has been completed. You can now check your PSN wallet and the funds will be there for you to purchase any other content in the PSN store.You will also receive an email confirmation for this. Here is your refund case number for future reference: XXXXXXX
LOL!

I didn't even mention which game either in my chat and he knew :p

My chat log...

LOL! My conversation wasn't that fast, but it was pretty painless. I am super surprised at how fast the funds were made available on my account too.

Now...what's an actual good game I can get on PSN instead now? I need something to play. I'm bored lol

Top Bottom