• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOW OMG: Steam is refunding No Man's Sky even if you played more then 2 hours

labx

Banned
My chat log...

Melissa: Hello, My name is Melissa how may I help you today?
Me: No Man's Sky
Melissa: Your refund has been completed. You can now check your PSN wallet and the funds will be there for you to purchase any other content in the PSN store.You will also receive an email confirmation for this. Here is your refund case number for future reference: XXXXXXX
Me: Thank you!

Lol.

Vidal

I don't get it the difference between regions, with Playstation US, there is live chat and you can solve this quickly. Playstation Australia you need to ring, then wait for 3 or 4 days for an follow up email asking for more details, than they ask you to wait up to 10 business days for a decision. :/

Kssio_Aug

My chat log...

Melissa: Your refund has been completed. You can now check your PSN wallet and the funds will be there for you to purchase any other content in the PSN store.You will also receive an email confirmation for this. Here is your refund case number for future reference: XXXXXXX

Holly shit! lol
That was efficient!

My chat log...

Amazing.

I don't get it the difference between regions, with Playstation US, there is live chat and you can solve this quickly. Playstation Australia you need to ring, then wait for 3 or 4 days for an follow up email asking for more details, than they ask you to wait up to 10 business days for a decision. :/

Not so much...

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Sony, knocking it out of the park. Live Chat agent even complimented me on my PSN ID "Diseasedyak" lol.

Thank all of the gods that I checked this thread, I assumed Steam-only refunds on this waste of $60. This game was going to go down as the 2nd gaming regret in my gaming lifetime (that started back on Atari 2600 release day), with the 1st being Enter the Matrix for OG Xbox lol.

freefornow

Can someone with skills make the "it prints money" gif to "it refunds money" with sad Sean Murray and Gabe Newells heads holding a copy of NMS instead of 3DS.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steam just refunded NMS, and I didnt even buy the game!

:3

tribal24

Banned
My chat log...

yeah my refund was very efficient definitely have to give sony props.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Had 4.5 hours of playtime on Steam and didn't get a refund =(

You don't qualify for an automatic refund but if you push it they'll most likely refund you after escalating your ticket to a supervisor, don't give up, your library deserves better than to be permanently soiled.

In all seriousness, anyone who gets rejected from steam just needs to keep pushing. If Sony took the first step in opening up the refund floodgates I can't imagine Steam would be too far behind. If enough people keep knocking they eventually won't be able to ignore it.

CrocoDuck

My chat log...

LOL no way! This is amazing.

How in the world are people getting PS4 refunds? I can't even get them to cancel/refund a preorder.

I've only tried once before to get a refund through PSN, and it was a no go. I have never heard of any of my friends successfully getting a refund through PSN. There has been 6 of us get refunds for No Man's Sky, no questions asked.

This game man...

I've only tried once before to get a refund through PSN, and it was a no go. I have never heard of any of my friends successfully getting a refund through PSN. There has been 6 of us get refunds for No Man's Sky, no questions asked.

This game man...

I just hope this isn't a limited time offer... People seriously need to be spreading the word if they have friends who are dissatisfied.

This game man...

You get your ass back in PSN support and get your $60 back. I heard live chat works for many PSN users.

Marjorine

Yeah. I just tried PSN live chat and the guy was having no part of any refund whatsoever. Do you just need to get lucky with the right service agent?

Well I am glad people are getting their money back. Hopefully this gains traction and sends a message to the industry at large that shady practices will not be tolerated.

Unfortunately, I won't be getting my money back as I bought it on GoG. Even if I bought it on Steam, I wouldn't get my money back as I did not pre-order the game. I knew pretty much nothing about this game, so I didn't fall for the apparent "lies". Just decided to give it a try after watching a stream for like 30 mins on launch day. If i had just watched the stream for a couple more hours, probably would have seen how shallow this game was and would have dodged a bullet.

Oh well, live and learn...

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Got my refund from Steam. 3 Hours played.

I'll buy it again in a year when it runs correctly on PC and they're onto patch version 3.0.

I said fuck it and sent an e-mail to hello@hellogames.co.uk too telling them they should allow refunds unilaterally batman arkham style because this game is an unredeemable pos and they'd be better off without my negativity infecting their community. They don't want me in every thread & every piece of news that will ever be released about their game because I will be until I get a refund for this shit. I'm having more fun on this sacred refund quest than I did playing what I played of their game. Yes e-mailing support that doesn't reply is more enjoyable that playing No Mans Sky.

Jobbs

Banned
Got my refund from Steam. 3 Hours played.

I'll buy it again in a year when it runs correctly on PC and they're onto patch version 3.0.

I don't think the game will ever remotely resemble what was promised. I'd honestly be surprised if they add much or any free content.

I said fuck it and sent an e-mail to hello@hellogames.co.uk too telling them they should allow refunds unilaterally batman arkham style because this game is an unredeemable pos and they'd be better off without my negativity infecting their community. They don't want me in every thread & every piece of news that will ever be released about their game because I will be until I get a refund for this shit. I'm having more fun on this sacred refund quest than I did playing what I played of their game. Yes e-mailing support that doesn't reply is more enjoyable that playing No Mans Sky.

Well gosh darnit if I had known I would have asked if you could include this link on everyones behalf,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXz6eMCj2k

Ok, maybe just my behalf but still.

Mudo

I just did a PSN live chat. Here is the log (LOLOL)

Diana: Hello, My name is Diana how may I assist you today?
Me: Hi I am wondering if you can help me with getting a refund/credit for a game I purchased recently on my PS4
Me: (My name is XXXXXXX, hi)
Diana: Nice to meet you XXXX! I’m really sorry to know that you are having issues with that purchase, I understand how this can affect your game experience, but do not worry, you came to the right place for assistance!
Me: Thanks! I've never had to do this before so not sure what info you need
Diana: I understand, no worries. Just to confirm, the information you used to request the chat is the account you need assistance with?
Me: Yeah it is
Diana: Thank you, one moment.
Me: ok
Diana: Your refund has been completed, you can now check your PSN wallet and the funds will be there for you to purchase any other content in the PSN Store. You will also receive an email confirmation for this. Here is your refund case number for future reference 13156035.
Diana: Also I hope you don’t mind but we have sent you an email that includes a brief survey, we would love if you provide us with your feedback, PlayStation will appreciate it so much.
Me: Thanks so much for your help tonight
Diana: It was a pleasure assisting a valuable player like yourself. Thank you for chatting with us, have a great gaming night! :)
The agent has ended the chat.

I never even said the name of the game LOL! It took like 5 minutes. This must be the most refunded game ever or something for them to just KNOW that it's NMS I wanted a refund on. I mean, what if it was some other game and not NMS? I've bought several games in the last month on PSN so I'm super happy but a little confused how they knew.

So yeah, I played about 10-15 hours, never had a crash, but came to hate the game and really felt lied to and that's what I was going to tell her, but she never asked. You should try this on PS4 if you are dissatisfied and I recommend not giving many details just keep it simple.

Just got my refund from Sony's Live Chat Support in a couple of minutes. I am really disappointed that it ended this way as I was extremely hyped for the game but it just was not worth it and the lies were too many.

Props to Sony for stepping up and taking responsibility as well for this disaster.

Acorn

Sony actually coming through with refunds is so weird to see. They've been sticklers for "No refunds ever!" forever, even though it's against the law here.

I had to go through a consumer reporter on a national newspaper to get a free exchabge for ylod last gen.

Kard8p3

Just got a refund.

thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

I just did a PSN live chat. Here is the log (LOLOL)

Diana: Hello, My name is Diana how may I assist you today?
Me: Hi I am wondering if you can help me with getting a refund/credit for a game I purchased recently on my PS4
Me: (My name is XXXXXXX, hi)
Diana: Nice to meet you XXXX! I’m really sorry to know that you are having issues with that purchase, I understand how this can affect your game experience, but do not worry, you came to the right place for assistance!
Me: Thanks! I've never had to do this before so not sure what info you need
Diana: I understand, no worries. Just to confirm, the information you used to request the chat is the account you need assistance with?
Me: Yeah it is
Diana: Thank you, one moment.
Me: ok
Diana: Your refund has been completed, you can now check your PSN wallet and the funds will be there for you to purchase any other content in the PSN Store. You will also receive an email confirmation for this. Here is your refund case number for future reference 13156035.
Diana: Also I hope you don’t mind but we have sent you an email that includes a brief survey, we would love if you provide us with your feedback, PlayStation will appreciate it so much.
Me: Thanks so much for your help tonight
Diana: It was a pleasure assisting a valuable player like yourself. Thank you for chatting with us, have a great gaming night! :)
The agent has ended the chat.

I never even said the name of the game LOL! It took like 5 minutes. This must be the most refunded game ever or something for them to just KNOW that it's NMS I wanted a refund on. I mean, what if it was some other game and not NMS? I've bought several games in the last month on PSN so I'm super happy but a little confused how they knew.

So yeah, I played about 10-15 hours, never had a crash, but came to hate the game and really felt lied to and that's what I was going to tell her, but she never asked. You should try this on PS4 if you are dissatisfied and I recommend not giving many details just keep it simple.

Holy crap, I was reading that like you forgot to put the line in there where you said the game... This has to be a massive movement right now. Like wow.

Skeletron

This is really fucking absurd and opportunistic. So much for any big publishers taking risks on ambitious indie devs in the future.

Top Bottom