• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJon

Banned
HHH loses
Undertaker loses
Orton loses
Batista loses

Cena?
tumblr_inline_mnxhtxN0vM1qz4rgp.gif

On match quality the Mania was pretty average, and that's what make certain PPVs age worse than others. But it was definitely full of moments.

And Cena is an asshole.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Duh! The key is that DB got his Wrestlemania moment. No one would care this much if he won it tomorrow. Batista/Cena will be champ at Summerslam.

What I meant was that I expect the feud to be Bryan and Batista rather than Orton. I don't think they're going to have Orton take the straps back just to have another match with Bootista since they're both heels still.

krae_man

Does everyone forget that Cena put Bryan over clean at Summerslam!?

He's not the one booking the show.

How over would Daniel Bryan have gotten being the first person on 10 years to make Cena Tap? Instead he had to invent an impact finisher for Cena to job. You call that putting someone over?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm still shook off that Undertaker loss but that was a great Mania. The crowd pop when Baptista tapped out was legendary.

Crossposting, but...

Most memorable/momentous WrestleMania since 26, easy. All the bold goddamn moves in the world here. Setting up a ton for the future

Credo

I give that WrestleMania a solid 8 out of 10. It should probably be lower because of the Shield squash match, standard divas match, Cena wins lol, and boring Undertaker/Brock match, but I enjoyed the big moments like Cesaro's win, Taker's shocking loss, and Bryan predictably but still awesomely winning the title. And watching it with GAF bumped the score up that little extra bit for me!

Sheroking

Um... no. Punk/HHH would have been it's own thing earlier in the card and Bryan would have still found himself in the main event because it was fan pressure, and not CM Punk leaving, that forced them to change that plan.

It was still a better show for not having CM Punk on it, though.

Showaddy

Batista showed his true colours, and put Bryan over clean as a whistle, he even tapped. Taker and Triple H too.

So...what the fuck, Cena?

It's really bad. I thought all this crap about Cena's legacy was some sort of ironic joke about how Cena will improve his real legacy by putting over younger talent like Bray.

jred2k

If Cena told the staff, 'I want to put over Bray', they would do it. Face it, he's on that Hogan power trip/paranoia of his spot.

If Cena had lost all of his child fans would think that evil triumphs good and we couldn't have that. They might get discouraged!

Really disappointed we don't have a gif of Stephanie bending over yet. With the magic of HD, you could even see the outline of her thong.

GQman2121

Banned
On match quality the Mania was pretty average, and that's what make certain PPVs age worse than others. But it was definitely full of moments.

And Cena is an asshole.

I agree. But I think the quality of the wrestlers on the current roster prevents them from having stellar matches. This show was about what I expected (other than Taker losing) I suppose.

Wow. This was an incredible night. Not every result was what I hoped, but I do have a lot of hope for the future. Cesaro's win should help him. Bray's loss shouldn't hurt much since it was part of a bigger story. Bryan-HHH was incredible and better than I expected, while Brock-Taker was worse, and had a shocking ending. Brock beating the streak, historically, should be okay since it's Taker's last match and he lost to the only former WWE and UFC Champion in history. However, it is stained by WWE's petty booking of him. Still, they lucked into him being a UFC Champ like they lucked into the streak, so given that, it's amazing that so much was gotten out of each thing. The WWE Title match was a bit of a cluster, but the right man won and had an epic celebration.

Full thoughts -
http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/wrestlemania-xxx.html

Screens -
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/pnyvc181cq8a2kuam6m1u6bywt9b1vur

So basically, if punk had agreed to fight HHH, he would be in bryan's spot now?

Oh the irony.

Nah.

I think the fan backlash caused by Punk leaving went right into getting behind Bryan and multiplied his over-meter.

If punk didnt leave then we would have had another pointless Triple H match where he vanishes for 6 months afterwards and Bryan would have been tagging with Cena.

Who knows what they would have done after everyone shit on Batista

Doesn't matter what happens from here on nobody can take this from him.

Bryan just closed Wrestlemania 30 holding the biggest prize there is in Pro Wrestling. This moment right here is forever.

The road might've been a little bumpy but he did it. Against all odds he did it.

Congratulations to him, he deserves it.

Mania 30 was something that's for sure. Cena not doing the job and the whole Lesnar/Taker match were the low points but the rest was awesome. Congrats to the WWE, they pulled it off.

Also, the Network didn't go down and I only had some minor problems during the Shield match. Everything ran smooth after that. I'm more than happy with it.

A truly great show needs low points and none will every be lower than the streak ending. The show set the viewer up with crazy highs, only to send them plunging with the biggest low in Wrestling history. Then they somehow managed to bring everyone up for the ultimate high to end the show. It was a fantastically booked show.

Sheroking

If Cena told the staff, 'I want to put over Bray', they would do it. Face it, he's on that Hogan power trip/paranoia of his spot.

Please.

Cena is the ultimate company man. If they asked him to curtain jerk he would do it in-between his cheesy PR interviews with Michael and Kelly or The View.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lowlight for me was the quality of Taker's match. It was really dreadful, swerve aside.

Ithil

No one else on the roster, or hell, anyone else in the last decade, could have made that ending work afterr the Streak ending broke the crowd's heart.

Ilive1up

i def enjoyed this wrestlemania. by far better than anything in the recent past.

taker losing was crazy, but awesome too. i actually like that match a lot.

the final match was superb, great ending.

cesaro is a monster.

the women's match was actually quite good.

wyatt/cena was ok, nothing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom