• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

From the general wrasslin' thread:

STAMFORD, Conn., April 7, 2014 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that WWE Network has 667,287* subscribers and is well on its way to reaching its goal of 1 million subscribers by the end of 2014 just 42 days after launching in the U.S., making it the fastest-growing digital subscription service. This announcement comes following a historic WrestleMania® 30, which aired live on WWE Network as well as on pay-per-view through satellite and cable providers from a sold-out Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

Pretty damn good, but wonder if they'll hit a million now that WM has passed.

667,287 at $60 per sub = $40,037,220

FP8yE1F.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the LAW is embarrassing to listen to this morning. What a bunch of babbys.

I'm kinda new to the WrestleGAF world, so I have 2 questions:

What's the joke behind "legit shook"?
Is WWE Network worth it? Can I watch the main events with it?

We made legit shook into a real thing brother! It's a beautiful thing. It even made it into a WWE game as someone developing it knew of us! We've made it!

Network is OVERWHELMINGLY worth it. So much content, and you can watch almost anything. New stuff added every day.

Patryn

After letting it sink in
still legit shook though
, I'm thinking they had to have gone off book because Taker got hurt or something. I really can't believe Vince or Trips would have let the streak end in a mid card match that had no buildup and a shitty finish like that.

Reading more, I have to agree that it was always planned this way. Taker hated the streak, he wanted it to end in 2010 to Brock. If he is going to do one last match with Sting, taking the Streak away actually does make it a bit more interesting, especially knowing that there's little chance it will be a decent match given their ages.

RK9039

All these conspiracy theories about Taker is making me laugh.

The only guy who could take on the heat for ending the streak is Bork Laser. A legit heel. If anyone else ended it they would be hated for the rest of their career. Watch Paul Heyman's promo tonight, it's going to be amazing.

This video makes so much sense now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul2tXdNfFqg

Sephzilla

Reading more, I have to agree that it was always planned this way. Taker hated the streak, he wanted it to end in 2010 to Brock. If he is going to do one last match with Sting, taking the Streak away actually does make it a bit more interesting, especially knowing that there's little chance it will be a decent match given their ages.

I dunno, I honestly can't believe that everyone involved would actually agree to ending the streak in such an awful way like that. Like I said last night, I'm not apposed to the streak ending, but the build up to the match was awful and the match itself was one of the worst WM matches he's had since his early Wrestlemania days. After all of the storytelling that went into the two HBK matches, the last two HHH matches, and even the Punk match, having the streak die to a part-timer that had very little storytelling to it just seems.... very anti-climatic.

antonz

We made legit shook into a real thing brother! It's a beautiful thing. It even made it into a WWE game as someone developing it knew of us! We've made it!

Network is OVERWHELMINGLY worth it. So much content, and you can watch almost anything. New stuff added every day.

LAW guys were bad. I mean they crapped on the Wyatt match claiming the crowd was sitting on its hands etc yet you had people dancing and singing throughout the match etc.

Complain because Cena won sure but to claim no one cared and just sat silent is stupid.

Yo someone wrote "Legit shook" after the Taker match on my friend's Facebook and had to do a double take. Wonder if he's a GAFer. :lol

jmdajr

I think Taker thought well, Austin,Shawn,Flair,etc. all went out losing, why should I leave perfect? I am no better than them.

If you had put the career on the line it would have been too predictable. But...fans would have still paid. I would have.

Taker turned 49 march 24...

So two possible Raw situations:

1) Daniel Bryan looks at his old belt and something comes over him, suddenly his ego shoots through the roof and he tells Brie to shut up.

2) Everyone thought HHH was channeling 'final boss' in his entrance but turns out he is just the sub boss. You think you've stopped us Daniel, you took out 3 Evolution members but you'll never beat the real final challenge....

- WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! -

Don't worry though cause Sting and is there to show D-Bry where his weak points are.

The Straight Edge Society reassemble to fight the remaining members of Evolution. Serena looks exactly the same as before.

Cesaro is seen flying into space to punch away the meteor Flair summoned.

Then Undertaker comes out and him and Sting shake hands FOR NO REASON.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo someone wrote "Legit shook" after the Taker match on my friend's Facebook and had to do a double take. Wonder if he's a GAFer. :lol

The beauty of that is that he doesn't have to be. We PENETRATED the lexicon. It's our claim to fame.

Sephzilla

LAW guys were bad. I mean they crapped on the Wyatt match claiming the crowd was sitting on its hands etc yet you had people dancing and singing throughout the match etc.

Complain because Cena won sure but to claim no one cared and just sat silent is stupid.

Well honestly, beyond the first few rows who were within the normal camera area the crowd did seem kind of quiet for that match. "The whole world..." chants didn't get very loud or sustained, even the typical "Lets go Cena / Cena sucks" couldn't get going. I was actually kind of surprised how little the crowd was into that match.

Patryn

I dunno, I honestly can't believe that everyone involved would actually agree to ending the streak in such an awful way like that. Like I said last night, I'm not apposed to the streak ending, but the build up to the match was awful and the match itself was one of the worst WM matches he's had since his early Wrestlemania days. After all of the storytelling that went into the two HBK matches, the last two HHH matches, and even the Punk match, having the streak die to a part-timer that had very little storytelling to it just seems.... very anti-climatic.

The buildup was bad, yes, but seriously: How many matches over the past year have had a GOOD buildup? Not a ton.

Part of that was Vince demanding that Brock not touch the Taker. I think the build he was going for was to lull the audience into thinking this was a throwaway match where Taker would obviously win in order to achieve maximum shock when he lost. It may have also been that Vince realized that Taker just couldn't take that many bumps (remember that he got injured last night, after all).

As for the match I think it's as a lot of people said: Brock couldn't work the way he wanted to, because Taker was too fragile. And the miles on Taker finally took their toll. You can say he looked great 1 year ago or 5 years ago, but there's a bigger difference on physical ability between 45 and 50 than there is between 40 and 45.

antonz

Well honestly, beyond the first few rows who were within the normal camera area the crowd did seem kind of quiet for that match. "The whole world..." chants didn't get very loud or sustained, even the typical "Lets go Cena / Cena sucks" couldn't get going. I was actually kind of surprised how little the crowd was into that match.

I think the Law guys did get it right though when they said the big issue seemed to be this wrestlemania crowd was basically there for Bryan finally winning. Everything else was really secondary then the Taker swerve just blew everyones mind and put the crowd into a funk.

I suspect pride played a big role in the Taker match even happening. I think Taker did not want to retire with the streak but also was too prideful to admit that he needed to be done. The reason the buildup and story sucked is because they had no time. Taker said he was in for a match practically at the last minute.

Honestly it was disgraceful and Vince etc should be ashamed of the match

Sephzilla

The buildup was bad, yes, but seriously: How many matches over the past year have had a GOOD buildup? Not a ton.

As for the match I think it's as a lot of people said: Brock couldn't work the way he wanted to, because Taker was too fragile. And the miles on Taker finally took their toll. You can say he looked great 1 year ago or 5 years ago, but there's a bigger difference on physical ability between 45 and 50 than there is between 40 and 45.

WWE's booking in general hasn't been the greatest, no denying that (see: Bryan's booking for the last six months). But the Brock/Taker match had a lot of potential to be awesome if it would have been booked right. That, and Taker matches over the last few years have been some of the better built up matches.

I think the Law guys did get it right though when they said the big issue seemed to be this wrestlemania crowd was basically there for Bryan finally winning. Everything else was really secondary then the Taker swerve just blew everyones mind and put the crowd into a funk.

Maybe. To me it seemed like the crowd was pretty hot for everything else (until Brock/Taker took the life out of the stadium), and the Jobber Royal went over a lot better than I thought it would.

TxdoHawk

What's the joke behind "legit shook"?

Basically: Wrestling fans now know and expect (or think they know and expect, depending on who you ask) a lot of the typical storyline tricks wrestling promotions like to use. So, when something actually surprising happens, the joke is that the fans are legitimately "shaken up" by being totally blindsided by a result they didn't expect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Taker swerve shut the fans down for the rest of the night. Had Bryan not been able to (ugh) win, they wouldn't have woken up.

Fox Mulder

After letting it sink in
still legit shook though
, I'm thinking they had to have gone off book because Taker got hurt or something. I really can't believe Vince or Trips would have let the streak end in a mid card match that had no buildup and a shitty finish like that.

maybe he just got too old over the last year. He looked like shit and can just retire. Would have been great to have a better send off, but they waited too long.

Sephzilla

The Taker swerve shut the fans down for the rest of the night. Had Bryan not been able to (ugh) win, they wouldn't have woken up.

This is the other reason I kind of think the Taker match went off-script a little because Taker got hurt or something. Vince/Taker/Trips/Brock/etc I don't think would have booked a crowd-killing ending a half hour before the main event at Wrestlemania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No kidding, it is in the urban dictionary, not that it means much, but hey, GAF > Internet

But...did someone simply typed it wrong or there's some story behind it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYZf-lBF_U

"Legit shook" is a valid and correct phrase.

Sunny stole Heavy's legacy in true Vince McMahon fashion. That's all there is to it.

Nothing was stolen. We think bigger and grander. We made something chuckle-worthy into a juggernaut.

Patryn

Curious if, in the universe before Punk walked away, the original plan would have been to have Orton/Batista be the second to last match with Batista winning, and then ended with Brock/Taker and the streak being broken. That way the deflation of the crowd wouldn't have affected any other match.

Naturally, the crowd forcing Daniel Bryan into the title match forced them to end on DBry's WM moment.

Sephzilla

Curious if, in the universe before Punk walked away, the original plan would have been to have Orton/Batista be the second to last match with Batista winning, and then ended with Brock/Taker and the streak being broken. That way the deflation of the crowd wouldn't have affected any other match.

Naturally, the crowd forcing Daniel Bryan into the title match forced them to end on DBry's WM moment.

If you're going to book The Streak ending (in such an awful fashion) then you should book it earlier in the card to keep it decently far away from the main event.

If they booked it over the title, we would have known something was up.

I remember Dwayne being legit shook during one of his promo battles with Cena.

He just started malfunctioning and waffling through random catch phrases and gestures over and over, as someone who isn't a fan at all of his, it was really quite funny.

Sephzilla

They should have booked it right at the end, because that's how good it was.

Oh man. That match would have been an awful way to end Wrestlemania.

But, if your intention is to end the streak and have Taker walk out (probably for the last time) then yeah put that match on last. They let HBK have a moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The origin tale begins here:

LMAO no sorry, get a damn clue. The Punk/Jericho 'best in the world' ad nauseum promo was nothing compared to what we just witnessed, you blind as a bat fool.

What we just witnessed was legit heat and legit rage and something I never would have expected for tonight: John Cena destroyed The Rock. I'm in shock. Rocky was so filled with rage at the end there he didn't even know what to say, fumbling his words, pacing around, he was shook. The wrist promo remark daggered him. Right when Cena said that Rock stepped up closer to him and you could sense he just wanted to punch his lights out for real. WOW, I can't believe this. Rocky better come back hard in the coming weeks.

RK9039

But, if your intention is to end the streak and have Taker walk out (probably for the last time) then yeah put that match on last. They let HBK have a moment.

I think that level of shock from the audience would have been a great way to end the entire show lol. People's jaws were on the floor, it would have been the best way to end WM30.

Sephzilla

Doing that would probably just have the result of that match influence more of the card.

I would have put Brock/Taker ahead of Cena/Wyatt. lol, the crowd was only halfass into that match anyway so it wouldn't have made that much of a difference. I think giving the crowd two matches to recover from that instead of only the Diva match would have fully woken up the crowd for the main event.

I think that level of shock from the audience would have been a great way to end the entire show lol. People's jaws were on the floor, it would have been the best way to end WM30.

Given that it was a big anniversary Wrestlemania I'm guessing Vince didn't want everyone to end crazy stunned / sad though.

beanman25

Enjoyed the show SO much last night.

Stream worked fantastically as well! Props to WWE on getting the kinks worked out as I only had 3 very very minor hiccups with it.

Patryn

I would have put Brock/Taker ahead of Cena/Wyatt. lol, the crowd was only halfass into that match anyway so it wouldn't have made that much of a difference. I think giving the crowd two matches to recover from that instead of only the Diva match would have fully woken up the crowd for the main event.

Given that it was a big anniversary Wrestlemania I'm guessing Vince didn't want everyone to end crazy stunned / sad though.

With Cena going over, having the Streak end would have just buried Bray. I think (hope?) that he can recover from that idiotic finish. Having the dead crowd and that terrible finish would have just been a crushing blow to Bray.

Sephzilla

What honestly pisses me off as a fan is just that the crappy way the streak died is overshadowing what was otherwise a really damn good Wrestlemania.

FDC1

By putting the match last, you would have given away the result, breacking the purpose of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People who correctly picked Brock Lesnar over Taker in the Mania Pick'Em:

Sid
Davidsaurus
MAD Polo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom