• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Its a little strange that Warrior barely mentioned Hogan in that speech considering Hogan was sitting five feet from him in the front row the whole time.

Why bother? Hogan is all over the marketing material, he won't get out of pop culture with his fucked up family, and he's basically a piece of plastic parts now that touches his daughter inappropriately.

Warrior may be crazy in the head, but he's not Hogan fucked up, BROTHA

Warrior>Hogan
Then
Now
Forever

RK9039

That was longer than WM30 itself.

Why bother? Hogan is all over the marketing material, he won't get out of pop culture with his fucked up family, and he's basically a piece of plastic parts now that touches his daughter inappropriately.

Warrior>Hogan
Then
Now
Forever

lol, agreed.

Hogan was probably crapping his pants.

Ithil

Sounded more to me like he was telling HHH to put Bryan over.

That was a weird speech, but not nearly as weird as I thought. He was pretty level head and actually not rambly at all of r his normal self. And not nearly as angry and bitter as I expected.

I think he had some very complicated emotions he wanted to communicate but couldn't really find all the words to do it, so he was rambling about them. Not shooty hate emotions either.

Anyone who said Warrior's speech was too long is disrespectful. We've waited many years to hear what he's had to say and it was worth it. I'm proud of him because he deserved it so much.

Warrior doesn't fucking with Hogan.

This. Warrior has had shit thrown at him for fucking decades and never got his real chance to talk and this was it and he used it and deserved it.

Brooke Hogan was staring daggers into Warrior the entire time.

You can tell Warrior really REALLY wanted to go in on the DVD, but stopped himself.

Also, wasn't Ric Flair's speech like 4 hours or something? And wasn't HHH's intro for Shawn Michaels something like an hour or so?

Find it really weird that some people think the show was awful. I honestly think it's the best HOF ceremony that I've ever watched (although to be fair I haven't watched too many of them)

Ric Flair

Banned
I think he had some very complicated emotions he wanted to communicate but couldn't really find all the words to do it, so he was rambling about them. Not shooty hate emotions either.

For sure. His speech was my favorite of the night. You could feel the passion he had for the business. Take all those things he said in the shoot interviews and throw them out the window. I feel like we saw the true Jim Helwig out there, no bullshit.

Warrior>Hogan
Then
Now
Forever

Because their careers are so tightly linked. It would be like Rock giving a HOF speech and not mentioning Austin. I know they hate each other, but if he could bury the hatchet with Vince I don't see why he couldn't with Hogan enough to at least acknowledge that Hogan was directly involved with the peak of his career.

Ric Flair

Banned
Because their careers are so tightly linked. It would be like Rock giving a HOF speech and not mentioning Austin. I know they hate each other, but if he could bury the hatchet with Vince I don't see why he couldn't with Hogan enough to at least acknowledge that Hogan was directly involved with the peak of his career.

There's a huge difference with Vince though. He respects the shit out of Vince Mcmahon (as he well should), he has no respect for Terry.

NoTacos

To us normal folk it may have sounded like rambling but to the wrestlers he was probably preaching to the choir.

Was he talking about Hogan, when he talked about a guy who had great match with saying he was a good guy?

Good for Warrior, he seemed to have fun, Has a good family (someone keep an eye on lawler!), and has buried the hatchet with Vince. I think when all is said and done Warrior did better after wrestling that Hogan, or Flair.

strobogo

Banned
Stuck at work...how was Jakes speech?

Really dark and really sad and then uplifting and happy at the end.

Some topics touched upon: Drug and alcohol abuse, sexual infidelities, suicide, being a bad father, and DDP saving his life.

I'm really bummed that Hall didn't get his full speech in. His recovery and looking as good as he looked was just as miraculous and great as Jake.

Ithil

I think the crowds for these are used to the speeches being light-hearted retrospectives with fun stories and cheerful emotions. They didn't seem to grasp how dead serious Jake's speech was until like two thirds into it, when he started talking about wishing he could trade places with wrestler friends who had died, but being afraid of suicide.

Thankfully it had a happy ending, but he spared no detail.

antonz

I think the crowds for these are used to the speeches being light-hearted retrospectives with fun stories and cheerful emotions. They didn't seem to grasp how dead serious Jake's speech was until like two thirds into it, when he started talking about wishing he could trade places with wrestler friends who had died, but being afraid of suicide.

Thankfully it had a happy ending, but he spared no detail.

Yeah no doubt early on the audience had no clue how to react.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even by the end the audience didn't know how to react beyond their typical mark shit. Enforce a dress code, watch these problems melt away.

Big One

Banned
Lita's speech - The stories sound like something you'd have talking to an awkward girl on a date. Not bad, but not really worthy of HoF speech. BEcause of this it got real awkward in front of the live crowd.
Jake's speech - Best speech of the night, very emotional and on-key.
Mr. T's speech - The crowd saved parts of it, but it was mostly drivel. And to think the dude was READING off those notes. He didn't even say goodbye and thank you to the crowd at the end. What an asshat.
Paul Bearer's speech - Very straight-forward.
Razor Ramon speech - Way too short. Fuck Mr. T, seriously. Kliq reunion was cool, but I cringe at the thought of all the guys like Race who must be pissed off about this + Warrior straight shooting about the business.
Carlos Colon - Carlito was a highlight of the night, really want him to come back, surprisingly over despite being a rather low end mid-carder at the end of his tenure. The rest of the speech pissed me off cause Carlos is a real life POS. There are guys who kill themselves with drugs, and then there's POS scum like Carlos.
Ultimate Warrior - It's honestly a pretty good speech and actually made me understand Warrior quite a bit more as a person. He's a good guy, but he can't get his point across in a way that normal people would, which is the root of his problem and how he communicates with people. I'm starting to believe his problems were purely on a miscommunication level, which is still his fault btw which he pretty much accepts, but still rubbed people the wrong way over the years.

Was he talking about Hogan, when he talked about a guy who had great match with saying he was a good guy?

Good for Warrior, he seemed to have fun, Has a good family (someone keep an eye on lawler!), and has buried the hatchet with Vince. I think when all is said and done Warrior did better after wrestling that Hogan, or Flair.

I was thinking Randy Savage. He's spoken really fondly of Savage in the past and that was the best match of his career. I donno why he didn't mention him by name though. Maybe he's aware that his name is a sensitive topic around there?

strobogo

Banned
Even by the end the audience didn't know how to react beyond their typical mark shit. Enforce a dress code, watch these problems melt away.

I agree. How hard is it to not be shit heads for one night? People don't do that kind of shit at the Oscars or Grammys. Or even a high school graduation. I'm glad the few shit heads were quickly drowned out during the night for the most part. Although the crowd most definitely took Mr. T's speech to the next level.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. How hard is it to not be shit heads for one night? People don't do that kind of shit at the Oscars or Grammys. Or even a high school graduation. I'm glad the few shit heads were quickly drowned out during the night for the most part. Although the crowd most definitely took Mr. T's speech to the next level.

I bet Bryan wanted to shoot himself in the goddamn head by the end. So much wahjah he must be feeling. Apologizing to everyone. "Yeah, I just...I didn't think they'd do this HERE...I'm sorry about that..." like he's responsible for bringing them along

Also "one more match" for Warrior? Fucking idiots.

Frolow

Banned
Lita's speech - The stories sound like something you'd have talking to an awkward girl on a date. Not bad, but not really worthy of HoF speech. BEcause of this it got real awkward in front of the live crowd.
Jake's speech - Best speech of the night, very emotional and on-key.
Mr. T's speech - The crowd saved parts of it, but it was mostly drivel. And to think the dude was READING off those notes. He didn't even say goodbye and thank you to the crowd at the end. What an asshat.
Paul Bearer's speech - Very straight-forward.
Razor Ramon speech - Way too short. Fuck Mr. T, seriously. Kliq reunion was cool, but I cringe at the thought of all the guys like Race who must be pissed off about this + Warrior straight shooting about the business.
Carlos Colon - Carlito was a highlight of the night, really want him to come back, surprisingly over despite being a rather low end mid-carder at the end of his tenure. The rest of the speech pissed me off cause Carlos is a real life POS. There are guys who kill themselves with drugs, and then there's POS scum like Carlos.
Ultimate Warrior - It's honestly a pretty good speech and actually made me understand Warrior quite a bit more as a person. He's a good guy, but he can't get his point across in a way that normal people would, which is the root of his problem and how he communicates with people. I'm starting to believe his problems were purely on a miscommunication level, which is still his fault btw which he pretty much accepts, but still rubbed people the wrong way over the years.
I've never really heard of the guy all that much. What has he done?

Ric Flair

Banned
I was thinking Randy Savage. He's spoken really fondly of Savage in the past and that was the best match of his career. I donno why he didn't mention him by name though. Maybe he's aware that his name is a sensitive topic around there?

I was thinking the same. He was throwing out 70s-80s wrestlers/promoters names like it aint no thang, but suddenly got silent when it came to that one particular name.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've never really heard of the guy all that much. What has he done?

Covered up the murder of Bruiser Brody for starters. Piece of shit. Fuck Carlos Colon. Bruiser was stabbed to death in a shower in Puerto Rico.

That's how it came off to me as well.

zychi

Banned
The odds for tomorrow are in fellas. Don't look for em if you don't want to be spoiled. They're usually 99% right, as long as Vince doesnt change anything on the fly

strobogo

Banned
I bet Bryan wanted to shoot himself in the goddamn head by the end. So much wahjah he must be feeling. Apologizing to everyone. "Yeah, I just...I didn't think they'd do this HERE...I'm sorry about that..." like he's responsible for bringing them along

Also "one more match" for Warrior? Fucking idiots.

I think the YES chants were pretty appropriate. I was afraid they'd just over take speeches for no reason, but when they popped up, they were pretty good and died down quickly to let the speaker keep going. The WHATS were hilarious in Mr. T's speech and made the speech way better. And then Austin laughing his ass off made it even better better. I just wish Hall had more time. Hopefully they get a WWE.com interview with him or something to make up for it. In a lot of ways, his recovery is more impressive than Jake's to me. And Jake's is a god damn miracle.

I thought Mr. T's apology was better than a thank you. Dude went on way too damn long.

So Lita went about 40 minutes, right? How long was Mr. T's speech? They really need to stop with the celebrity inductions anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom