• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Jake and Warrior gave great advice for people who want to be wrestlers and those who are now.

Don't let it consume you to where you destroy everything else in your life and man up enough to have the balls to speak up for yourself and make an impact.

DMczaf

Jake and Warrior gave great advice for people who want to be wrestlers and those who are now.

Don't let it consume you to where you destroy everything else in your life and man up enough to have the balls to speak up for yourself and make an impact.

kofi-kingston-bio.png

MC Safety

This shit was insane.

One note, some pretty insensitive folks during Jake's speech. Some people just have serious brain damage /social skills.

I went to one hall of fame, and they had the sheik's widow (the original sheik?) making an acceptance speech and there was this one jerk who just could not shut up with the chants and shouting.

Finally, a guy I was with who was an independent wrestler went over to the guy, grabbed him by the shoulder and forcefully told him to be respectful. It was awesome and scary at the same time.

It's great the WWE lets the general public attend these events, but some people don't really get that it's not a wrestling show.

Penguin

Random though before bed

It is weird that this is the first WrestleMania milestone Hogan is going to be a part of

He wasn't there for 10 or 20 or 25

antonz

What was this all about? Foley being salty or just bored by Warriors speech?

Probably a lot of salt . Micks speech was bumped from being aired when he gave it for Trumps to be aired.

As nice a guy as Mick is he has his ego and people who don't view him highly. Heck Flair has called him a glorified stuntman not a wrestler

strobogo

Banned
Probably a lot of salt . Micks speech was bumped from being aired when he gave it for Trumps to be aired.

As nice a guy as Mick is he has his ego and people who don't view him highly. Heck Flair has called him a glorified stuntman not a wrestler

Flair was a complete dick to Foley on LOW, but Foley was too nice/respectful to fire back at Ric. Especially the part when Ric was shitting on him for rolling on thumb tacks and bleeding everywhere when Flair himself has rolled around on thumb tacks and bled ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME FOR NO REASON. Ric Flair is a dude who bladed as a manager for Lethal Lockdown. Before the match even started. And then he told Mick point blank that he over stayed his welcome in wresting. RIC FLAIR said that to someone. A dude who was in his 60s and wrestling in TNA. I really wish Mick had lit into Flair, but I blame JBL for stirring shit up to begin with.

DMczaf

Flair was a complete dick to Foley on LOW, but Foley was too nice/respectful to fire back at Ric. Especially the part when Ric was shitting on him for rolling on thumb tacks and bleeding everywhere when Flair himself has rolled around on thumb tacks. And then he told Mick point blank that he over stayed his welcome in wresting. RIC FLAIR said that to someone. A dude who was in his 60s and wrestling in TNA. I really wish Mick had lit into Flair, but I blame JBL for stirring shit up to begin with.

Flair during one of his many nWo crybaby sessions said "And where are they now? TNA? What the hell is that?"

strobogo

Banned
Flair during one of his many nWo crybaby sessions said "And where are they now? TNA? What the hell is that?"

I really have no idea why Flair has such a big problem with Mick considering he bladed in every even semi big match he ever had and has so much respect for Terry Funk, who spent as much of his career as a hardcore guy as an actual wrestler. Ric Flair is the most weirdly insecure pro wrestler considering how many of his peers considering him the best ever.

antonz

Flair was a complete dick to Foley on LOW, but Foley was too nice/respectful to fire back at Ric. Especially the part when Ric was shitting on him for rolling on thumb tacks and bleeding everywhere when Flair himself has rolled around on thumb tacks and bled ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME FOR NO REASON. Ric Flair is a dude who bladed as a manager for Lethal Lockdown. Before the match even started. And then he told Mick point blank that he over stayed his welcome in wresting. RIC FLAIR said that to someone. A dude who was in his 60s and wrestling in TNA. I really wish Mick had lit into Flair, but I blame JBL for stirring shit up to begin with.

Yep Flair was a real ass during that panel with regard to Mick and JBL like you said just had to stir shit up. A lot of respect for Mick keeping his school. Went no farther than sarcastically thanking JBL for bringing it up.

Sblargh

Banned
All those stories about wrestling taking over your life. I felt Ric Flair actually had no life outside of it, like, ever. He never went into the phase where he had to stop wrestling and so started with booze and drugs; he just kept doing it. Kinda like Hogan, actually. Those guys could have dropped out of the ring into backstage work any time they wanted, but they just kept going.

Jamie OD

This shit was insane.

One note, some pretty insensitive folks during Jake's speech. Some people just have serious brain damage /social skills.

There are always going to be some people at these events who do not understand the event and treat it as a normal wrestling show. For example some guy sitting near me at last year's Hall of Fame tried to start a Spinarooni chant while Booker T was on stage speaking about his mother's passing.

alstein

I really have no idea why Flair has such a big problem with Mick considering he bladed in every even semi big match he ever had and has so much respect for Terry Funk, who spent as much of his career as a hardcore guy as an actual wrestler. Ric Flair is the most weirdly insecure pro wrestler considering how many of his peers considering him the best ever.

Probably because Mick could only do hardcore style. Terry Funk could do technical wrestling, look at his work in the 70s/early 80s. Even his 89 feud with Flair had a decent amount of technical stuff between the hate.

Mick Foley gives great effort, is entertaining and a good talker, but he always was limited in-ring and needed to be in there with a good technical wrestler for his matches to be watchable.

BTW Flair is a bit overrated as well, Nick Bockwinkle was a better Flair than Flair.

Anth0ny

holy christ I just finished Mr.T's speech

went from tears of sorrow/happiness for Jake to tears of laughter for Mr.T.

After 10 mommas, I started thinking of the song. THEN HE BROUGHT UP THE SONG. /dead

Then came the WHAT chants that ultimately ended with YES chants. Legit fucking dying of laughter. Sooooooo good. Haven't laughed like that in a while.

Amazing speech. Totally on the other end of the spectrum compared to Jake's speech, but I loved it.

And how can I forget Kane at the end. LOL.

I love my momma.

Xater

I think it was on purpose to lift the mood after Jake did his thing. I mean, it ended in a happy note, but still very serious.

Maybe but it just felt so inappropriate and even the fans booed the shit out of that. It really wasn't the best if ideas.

okayfrog

Banned
This NJPW PPV is pretty damn good so far. RIP in Peace, Devitt. I await "Fergal", Hornswoggle's cousin, twerkin' on Friday nights this summer.

Second half's about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom