• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the YES chants were pretty appropriate. I was afraid they'd just over take speeches for no reason, but when they popped up, they were pretty good and died down quickly to let the speaker keep going. The WHATS were hilarious in Mr. T's speech and made the speech way better. And then Austin laughing his ass off made it even better better. I just wish Hall had more time. Hopefully they get a WWE.com interview with him or something to make up for it. In a lot of ways, his recovery is more impressive than Jake's to me. And Jake's is a god damn miracle.

They've really come so far. So far. I never thought I'd see the day to see Jake return to TV, and he did in January. Now this. It's really, really good. Dallas should be up for sainthood.

I think the YES chants were pretty appropriate. I was afraid they'd just over take speeches for no reason, but when they popped up, they were pretty good and died down quickly to let the speaker keep going. The WHATS were hilarious in Mr. T's speech and made the speech way better. And then Austin laughing his ass off made it even better better. I just wish Hall had more time. Hopefully they get a WWE.com interview with him or something to make up for it. In a lot of ways, his recovery is more impressive than Jake's to me. And Jake's is a god damn miracle.
I dunno, seems like Hall had more people trying to help him along the way than Jake did. Just glad DDP was able to get those guys straightened out either way.

strobogo

Banned
They've really come so far. So far. I never thought I'd see the day to see Jake return to TV, and he did in January. Now this. It's really, really good. Dallas should be up for sainthood.

I agree. I cried legit shoot tears just at Jake coming out and hugging DDP, then a few more times during his speech. Then Hall came out and looked 15 years younger than the last time he was on TV in TNA. I really, really hope Hall gets an interview at .com to make up for his speech being cut super short. But it made me really happy to see him and Jake in good shape and getting their due tonight. Like for real happy as a fan. And then seeing Warrior come out and not be a super angry, bitter asshole also made me really happy, but in a different way from Jake and Hall.

Kane being the hook for Mr. T was the most hilariously awkward seen in a long time. I literally couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. Perhaps it was the multiple beers and whiskey, but holy fuck I laughed and laughed and laughed.

I dunno, seems like Hall had more people trying to help him along the way than Jake did. Just glad DDP was able to get those guys straightened out either way.

Idk, to me it seemed like Hall was more of a fuck up than Jake. He's had more help and has also fucked up more times. He's always been a guy who as soon as things got good for him, he couldn't help but fuck up. He got so bad that Nash had to cut him loose. That he was able to be there tonight is a legitimate miracle. Jake too. Both guys should have been dead 10 years ago.

Just saw AJ's Wrestlemania promo damn that girl has a pretty face. Can't wait for Eva Marie to go All Red Everything on her and achieve her girlhood dream

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. I cried legit shoot tears just at Jake coming out and hugging DDP, then a few more times during his speech. Then Hall came out and looked 15 years younger than the last time he was on TV in TNA. I really, really hope Hall gets an interview at .com to make up for his speech being cut super short. But it made me really happy to see him and Jake in good shape and getting their due tonight. Like for real happy as a fan. And then seeing Warrior come out and not be a super angry, bitter asshole also made me really happy, but in a different way from Jake and Hall.

I still really have a stick up my ass and hate Nash so fucking much for trying to talk DDP out of helping Hall. Fucking prick. Nash is an enabler and a horrible influence. Piece of shit.

zychi

Banned

Kane being the hook for Mr. T was the most hilariously awkward seen in a long time. I literally couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. Perhaps it was the multiple beers and whiskey, but holy fuck I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Idk, to me it seemed like Hall was more of a fuck up than Jake. He's had more help and has also fucked up more times. He's always been a guy who as soon as things got good for him, he couldn't help but fuck up. He got so bad that Nash had to cut him loose. That he was able to be there tonight is a legitimate miracle. Jake too. Both guys should have been dead 10 years ago.
Hall never whipped his dick out during a Wrestling event. And I'm prettyt sure Hall never did H

Adrian121

The WM set looks great!

010_WM30_set_04042014jg_0065.jpg

antonz

I still really have a stick up my ass and hate Nash so fucking much for trying to talk DDP out of helping Hall. Fucking prick. Nash is an enabler and a horrible influence. Piece of shit.

I remember Honkey Tonk Man trying to talk shit too about how it was all a scam to rob fans of their money to try and scare off people from helping.

It was great seeing Jake tonight because cant help but think of The Wrestler movie and how much happier things have turned out for Jake instead of going that route.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I remember that. Nash said something about it being a publicity stunt or something.

That and the old "No, Hall can't just quit cold turkey, his body can't take it" bullshit. He's a goddamn enabler. Just making shit up to try to keep Hall from fixing himself.

I remember Honkey Tonk Man trying to talk shit too about how it was all a scam to rob fans of their money to try and scare off people from helping.

It was great seeing Jake tonight because cant help but think of The Wrestler movie and how much happier things have turned out for Jake instead of going that route.

yeah I remember Honky doing that.

And it's still a weird line. I mean, DDP is obviously saving lives, but he's also a shill and promoting the fuck out of his thing. But I think that's fine. He's doing great things.

strobogo

Banned

He tried to talk DDP out of helping or thought that Hall was too far gone that even DDP's ridiculous positivity couldn't help him? I know that he pretty much threw the towel in on Hall, which is really understandable in a lot of ways. I mean, I've had friends and family that were such big fuck ups that you just have to cut them loose. There is only so much help you can give.

Really, the fact that Jake, HBK, Kid, and Hall were all there and sober is pretty amazing no matter what.

That and the old "No, Hall can't just quit cold turkey, his body can't take it" bullshit. He's a goddamn enabler. Just making shit up to try to keep Hall from fixing himself.

And it's still a weird line. I mean, DDP is obviously saving lives, but he's also a shill and promoting the fuck out of his thing. But I think that's fine. He's doing great things.

DDP can shill his shit as much as possible. I thought Warrior was taking a shot at him/Jake/Hall at first, but I think he was legitimately giving him props and he just has that weird way of giving compliments.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He tried to talk DDP out of helping or thought that Hall was too far gone that even DDP's ridiculous positivity couldn't help him? I know that he pretty much threw the towel in on Hall, which is really understandable in a lot of ways. I mean, I've had friends and family that were such big fuck ups that you just have to cut them loose. There is only so much help you can give.

Really, the fact that Jake, HBK, Kid, and Hall were all there and sober is pretty amazing no matter what.

Yeah. I can't lie though, there's a dark part of me that keeps someone I know held back a little bit because it makes me feel better and more successful and more of a good guy. But that's a shoot I don't want to get into right now.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Watching UT vs HBK from WM25. Such an amazing match. Even my wife, who usually hates wrestling, is into it. Awesome.

PInk Tape

Banned

What a fucking asshole. Why the hell would DDP want to twist it into a publicity stunt? He seems like a cool guy and is genuine in wanting to help put these guys back on track. I hope Nash feels like a complete dipshit right now after seeing how well Hall and Roberts were tonight.

Yeah, they really made the Superdome look good, its such an ugly boring looking place normally.

Wonder when they are going to get WM in that amazing Cowboys Stadium with those massive screens.

I believe WM 32 is supposed to be there, I hope so because that stadium is 90 minutes from my house!!

Ithil

To be fair, he had been trying to help Hall multiple times for 15 years, he had simply given up on trying to change him at that point.

antonz

Yeah a lot of Nashs issue seemed to stem from frustration. I know he ripped into fans saying how Scott had told him for weeks and weeks he was going to DDPs place and never went so he was in the when it happens then ill give a shit stance.

HTM was downright claiming everything was criminal fraud. the fundraising for surgery was a gimmick to steal money etc.

HTM is the real world class douchebag though. I mean he was in New Orleans today for wrestlecon and as soon as it was over back in the air on his way home to Phoenix. WWE doesn't even want him around

Carnby

Yeah. I can't lie though, there's a dark part of me that keeps someone I know held back a little bit because it makes me feel better and more successful and more of a good guy. But that's a shoot I don't want to get into right now.

Sunny I think you're an awesome dude, but.... wut?

strobogo

Banned

I'm the kind of guy that if I try to help someone and they turn it down or fuck it up, I'm not going to help them again. I'm talking one time. So when you have a guy like Hall who has had help and fucked up every other year for 20 years or so, I don't know that I can blame Nash. And I also can't blame Nash if he can keep his drinking/drugs in check and Hall can't.

But at the same time, I've also grown up with an alcoholic step dad and uncle (who I hold in very high esteem, much more than my step dad or real father), and in the last year I've found how easy it is for alcohol to becoming a daily or every other day part of life. It's SUPER easy. Shockingly easy. Especially if you already have depression or other mental issues. You drink once or twice and feel chilled out and that immediately becomes an easy go-to. And in the case of Jake ( a child of rape) and Hall (who clearly has PSTD from the shooting a dude thing) added with the genetics (specifically Hall. I'm not sure if Grizzly Smith had addiction problems, but Hall's father did), that shit can be hard to fight. It's something that as I grow older, I have a lot less anger and resentment towards my own father and step father.

So when I see Jake and Hall in good shape, it has a pretty deep connection to me. I think about my own family history and see them...in a lot of ways, wrestling and wrestlers WERE my parents growing up. My childhood was very stressful. Not in an abusive way or anything, but in the fact that my dad left before I was even old enough to realize and my step dad was a drunk and we didn't get along. It was my entire life. And Jake/Hall were huge parts of it. So them being clean and sober and in good shape kind of fills part of the gap of what I kind of felt was missing from my childhood. I have an addictive personality and have seen that ruin people in my family. Hall and Jake being in good shape made me weepy as fuck.

Watching Jake Roberts speech now and my god is this crowd stupid and tone deaf with idiots cheering at the worst possible things. Maybe don't cheer when Jake Roberts is telling dark stories of a broken man?

I think many people are tone deaf and just hear "wrestling was my life" and think YEAH, WRASSLIN' WOOO without realizing the repercussions of being so lopsided actually are that he was trying to explain.

I think many people are tone deaf and just hear "wrestling was my life" and think YEAH, WRASSLIN' WOOO without realizing the repercussions of being so lopsided actually are that he was trying to explain.

There were cheers when he said he cheated on every women he's ever been with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom